+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Celebrity Fit Club 4 - August 6, 2006

Quote Originally Posted by Swingsongbird View Post
    When did Erika Eleniak change her name to Elaine?
    I was wondering about that too but everyone is calling her Elaine so I assumed she is using another name. But I always heard her go by the name Erika too.

Quote Originally Posted by ArchieComic Fan View Post
    I was wondering about that too but everyone is calling her Elaine so I assumed she is using another name. But I always heard her go by the name Erika too.
    Now I am getting confused. Am I hearing it wrong or are they calling by both names???? Maybe that is her stage name and she is now going by her real name??/
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Okay, this is straight from the VH1 website. I think maybe someone typed her name wrong here on the board and we all went along with it! But it is Erika.

http://www.vh1.com/shows/dyn/celebri...aracters.jhtml

Erika Eleniak, Playmate/Actor
    Glendale-bred Eleniak began her career as a child, first modeling clothing in commercials and then appearing (uncredited) in E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial. After overcoming a high-school bout with drugs and alcohol, Eleniak reemerged as Scott Baio's on-screen (as well as off-screen) girlfriend in Charles in Charge. In July 1989 she graced the cover of Playboy as its Playmate of the Month, a magazine appearance that quickly landed her a recurring role on Baywatch. Perhaps most memorably, she co-starred with Steven Seagal in the action hit Under Siege (1992), which went on to gross more than $150 million worldwide. Since then, Eleniak has appeared in a number of films, including The Pandora Project (1998) with former Fit Clubber Daniel Baldwin.

Okay, this is straight from the VH1 website. I think maybe someone typed her name wrong here on the board and we all went along with it! But it is Erika.

http://www.vh1.com/shows/dyn/celebri...aracters.jhtml

Erika Eleniak, Playmate/Actor
    Glendale-bred Eleniak began her career as a child, first modeling clothing in commercials and then appearing (uncredited) in E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial. After overcoming a high-school bout with drugs and alcohol, Eleniak reemerged as Scott Baio's on-screen (as well as off-screen) girlfriend in Charles in Charge. In July 1989 she graced the cover of Playboy as its Playmate of the Month, a magazine appearance that quickly landed her a recurring role on Baywatch. Perhaps most memorably, she co-starred with Steven Seagal in the action hit Under Siege (1992), which went on to gross more than $150 million worldwide. Since then, Eleniak has appeared in a number of films, including The Pandora Project (1998) with former Fit Clubber Daniel Baldwin.
    Yes, I checked there also. I'm just going to listen very carefully on this weeks ep and just go with what they say.

8/13 - show discussion - spoilers

First looking back at my posts I am pretty sure I fat fingered it and called Erika Elaine, yes after listening to the show it is Erika. Hopefully the name situation is now all cleared up.

This is the first weighin after the start of the season. It is 17 days since everyone had their physical assessments done.

Team Names:
    Captain Bone Crusher named the Blue Team The Fat Crushers.

Captain Carnie was going to originally call the Red Team the Not So Fat Pussies but changed it to The Chilli Con Carnes.

1. Carnie originally weighted 188 lbs with a goal of loosing 5lbs. She now weighs 180lbs. 8lbs lost. Next weighin goal is 5 lbs. She is on the Zone Diet.

Then the scene is switched to the first Fit Camp Challenge. The teams meet at a speedway. They will be racing around the speedway in laid back 3 wheeled racing bikes. Wish I had one. The competition was very close until the very end when Angie Stone couldn't figure out how to switch from a high gear to a lower gear and had a very hard time pedaling. Needless to say we saw Nick T. display a temper tantrum which is going to cause problems. All I can say is that it is a good thing Nick is not a drunk or drug addict cause even sober watching him lose control is a scary thing, under the influence of alchohol or drugs he could very well hurt someone.

2. Nick orginally weighted 175 lbs with a goal of loosing 4lbs. He now weights 171lbs. He lost his target weight and has another target of 4lbs.

Dr. Linda addressed his temper issues and he gave a passionate speech about it but he got so emotional and passionate about it that I was worried about his loosing it that I really didn't hear what he was saying. Dr.Linda took him to a boxing class. He needs to learn to channel that aggression and find another means of communicating.

3. Angie Stone originally weighted in at 226lbs with a target loss of 5lbs. She is now 217lbs. She lost 9lbs and has another target loss of 5lbs. She is on the Fat Smash Diet.

She did mention that the bike was broken and that was why her performance during the Fit Camp Challenge was so poor. Harvey tells her the bike was fine she just doesn't know how to change gears.

4. Ten Lange was 189 lbs and had a target goal of 4lbs. He now weights 178lbs. He lost 11 lbs. He has another 4lb target. He is also on the Fat Smash Diet and he told Dr. Ian that while he loved the lost weight his body hated Dr. Ian the entire time it was detoxing.

5. Erika was 152 lbs and had a target goal of 4lbs and now weights 148lbs. She lost 4lbs and has a target of 5lbs for the next weight in. She is on a prepared meal diet of 1200 calories made by Susan's Gourmet. Erika also attended a Krav Maga class. Krav Maga is a martial arts style developed by the Israeli Army. It uses a lot of street fighting type of techniques. I have always wanted to try it and have looked into taking classes in the area. The trouble always is in finding a qualified instructor.

6. Vinnie weighted in at 275lbs with a 5lb target. He is also on the Fat Smashers Diet and lost 12lbs and weights in at 262lbs. Next weight in target is 6lbs.

7. Tina Yothers weighted in at 193lbs with a target of 6lbs. She lost 11 lbs and now weighs 182lbs. Next target lost is 5lbs. Tina is also working out twice a day.

8. Bone Crusher weighed in at 424lbs and had a target of 6lbs, he lost 19lbs which is a record for an individual weight loss. He is now 405lbs with a target of 8lbs.

Dr. Ian had Bone Crusher x-rayed and had himself x-rayed to disprove Bone Crusher's big bone theory. Bone Crusher could not tell Dr. Ian's or his x-rays apart they looked the same.

Big Scale results: Red Team wins at 42 lbs and Blue Team has 36lbs. Again another CFC record is set as the total of 78lbs is the largest weightin poundage yet.

Breakdown:

Red Team:
    Carnie - 8
    Ted - 11
    Vinnie - 12
    Tina - 11
    total: 42

Blue Team:
    Nick - 4
    Angie - 9
    Erika - 4
    BC - 19
    total: 36

I must say I am very impressed with the woman for having lost as much as they have. Men tend to be the big loosers and it is nice to see all the woman doing well especially the first week. I do wonder how the others big weight losses with affect Nick's competitive spirit, especially with Angie having lost 9lbs and he only 4lbs yet she did so poorly during the Fit Camp.
    Last edited by Bearcata; 08-13-2006 at 02:12 PM.

Thanks for the recap Bearcata! I taped the early showing but haven't watched it yet. I'm determined to remember to tape the 11am show this season! Sounds like everyone is off to a good start. Maybe I should try The Zone diet!

Thanks for the recap Bearcata! I taped the early showing but haven't watched it yet. I'm determined to remember to tape the 11am show this season! Sounds like everyone is off to a good start. Maybe I should try The Zone diet!
    Sounds like the Fat Smash Diet was a huge success. I've never heard of it before.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway View Post
    Sounds like the Fat Smash Diet was a huge success. I've never heard of it before.
    Fat Smash is Dr. Ian's book and it goes for about $10. Basically it starts with a 9 day detox diet of brown rice and vegetables. It cuts out the sugar and white flour that so many of us have problems with and hopefully stabilizes our cravings.

Brown rice? No wonder Ted says his body was hating Dr. Ian.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Sounds like another gimmick. There are hundreds of ways to lose a lot of weight quickly - for a little while, anyway. Unfortunately, they all tend to screw badly with one's metabolismů which is why most people gain back what they've lost and then some. The entire premise of thise show (and Biggest Loser) is flawed in that sense. Following people for a year as they made lifestyle changes and lost weight gradually wouldn't have the same bang, but it would be a lot more healthy and rewarding for the participants.
    Token Christian.

If truth is relative, how do you know?

+ Reply to Thread