+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Celebrity Fit Club 4 - August 6, 2006

Just an fyi.... they have an article on everyone in this week's People Magazine. It'll help you get a visual on where these people all stand right now.

I couldn't find it online on their website or I'd post it here.

The TV guide for Aug 7th has an article about Carnie Wilson, no spoilers but it reveals how much she weighs and why she went on the show. Anyway before GB (gastric bypass) she weighed 300lbs. After GB she went down to 150lbs. I also know she had a tummy tuck and breast reduction to get rid of all the loose skin after the weigh lost. She did go up 20lbs after her lowest at 150lb. So she stabalized at 170lb and then she got pregent and gained 70 lbs. All due to going off the eating patterns she established to keep her weigh down. So she weighed 240lb, I am assuming with the baby. After the birth of her daughter she lost 40lb very easily, got down to 200lb and another 10 lbs took 8 months to get off. So currently she is 190lbs. CFC contacted her and she figured that she was going to get paid to lose weight, so why not do it. Also the show helped her be acountable as to what she ate and her exercise habits. Having to get on the scale in front of everyone was also a real motivator.

Also, I have noticed that VH1 is advertising this season a lot, I hope this means the show is very sucessfull. The only bad note is I saw I commercial either yesterday or today and they were promoting CFC4 and they said that they will have a special guest star alumni visit. Yes, folks it is Gary Busey and it looks as if he has maintained his weight loss. The one thing I did not like was that the promo was saying that Gary was the most sucess of all the CFC alumni as far as his weigh loss. I beg to differ. I think Ralphie May and Gunnar Nelson are much more successful models of applying CFC lifestyle changes than Gary Busey.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Premiere this Sunday at 9pm

CFC4 will premiere at 9pm, Sunday August 6th, followed by a 90 min Flavor of Love premiere and then CFC repeats at 11:30pm for those who missed it earlier.

8/06/06 - show discussion - spoilers

CFC4 premiere was on a 11 am here on the east coast. I did not expect to see it on this early so I only caught the last 10 minutes. I saw Ted Lange, who played Isaac the bartender from the Love Boat. I must admit he looked great as an older man, very fit and trim, still he weighed in at 189 and for his height that is a lot. His goal is to get a six pack stomach like Usher. In his stat photo you can see his pillow belly. Dr. Ian wants him to lose about 24 lbs. Then Elaine Eleniak was up. She had been in Playboy then Baywatch. Since then she married and moved to Calgary, Alberta, Canada. She had a bad pregnancy and lost the baby, and immediately got pregnant again and had a baby daughter. She admits she used her pregnancy to indulge herself but wants to get back in shape to be a good role model for her duaghter. She weighs in at 152 and would like to get back down to 125, 128. Then they had the grand weighin, and then showed some bits from upcoming episodes. I can tell you already that the guy from Sopranos is going to be a major a$$. All those guys from the Sopranos are major overweight and out of shape and they have 20 or 30 yrs of bad habits to over come but I don't think they come to the show with the right mindset. You have to want to change. Angie Stone is also going to be a problem and so is Nick T. There is also an additional prize for the person who loses the most bodyfat.

While I think there are more likeable people on the show this year, I'm SO glad I'm not recapping this season. So far, no one really stands out as a loon like Gary or Willie or Daniel B. I'll enjoy watching it, but "nice" isn't as fun to recap.

This season will be a lot more enjoyable if we don't keep getting gratuitous shots of Bone Crusher's belly
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

seen the show here are my comments

Comments on the fist ep of CFC4

This competition will be 100 days long.

Vinnie P from the Sopranos is the first to comment and we find out that he was originally scheduled to be on CFC3 but when the doctors were doing his physical his heart sounded so bad he was sent to the hospital and had a triple bypass. My initial impression was you just recovered from a triple bypass and you look like you have done nothing to change your lifestyle or eating habits.

Fit Camp (I am just noting the highlights of each competition)

Pushups
    knee pushups
    Angie 49
    Carnie 47
    regular pushups
    Ted

Jump rope
    Elaine 140
    Vinnie 1

Long Jump
    Ted 13' 3"
    Vinnie the worst

Nick is getting upset that Ted is doing so well, so he decides to beat Ted in the quarter mile.
    Angie comes in last at 4:03.

Intros to the participants

1. Carnie Wilson - had gastric bypass surgery and went from 300lbs to 145lbs and was in Playboy. She hates to exercise. She gave birth to a daughter and needs to lose the last of her pregnancy weight. She is a snacker and alot of her pre GB eating habits have come back. She is also the Red Team Captain. Harvey wants her to lose 5 lbs for the next weighin with a goal of 32 lbs for the show.

2. Bone Crusher - although fat is also very athletic. He has 5 kids and his wife is very concerned that he won't be around to enjoy old age with her because of his weight. He jokes about being big boned and Dr. Ian says he will have him X Rayed to prove to BC that being big boned is a myth. Harvey wants him to lose 6lbs and a total of 44 lbs. He is also nominated by the judges panel to be the Blue Team Captain.

3. Vincent Pastorri - Red Team - was to be on CFC3 but had triple bypass surgery. The panel asks him what has he done since then. Vinnie said that right after surgery he quit smoking but started gaining weight (he was 254) He was concerned about the weight gain but decided that at the time quitting smoking was more important. Still he gained 25 lbs after quitting smoking which is not that bad. I know folks who have gained a lot more when they quit smoking. He has a goal weight of 5lbs for the next weighin and a total of 35lbs.

4. Angie Stone - Blue Team - was diagnosed with a disease that I can neither pronouce or spell 12 yrs ago and she was put on prednizone (again I hope I spelled it right) It is a steriod and it caused her to gain 40 lbs in one month. She has been on it for 12 yrs and iher disease ie finally under control but she used to weight 120lbs and is now 226. harvey wants her to lose 5lbs and a total of 30lbs. The panel and Angie did have a discussion how when she gained the weight her music career suffered and funny how music involves listening, but the fact that visually she was overweight affected her career and that the weight did not affect her singing voice. She wants to get fit for her kids.

5. Tina Yothers - Red Team - got married and had a baby and wants to lose her pregnancy weight. Also her father passed away in December and he used to run 10 miles a day and she realizes that exercise alone will not make you healthy. Also bad heart and bad blood run in her family. She is also concerned about her mother who had GB 11 yrs agon and lost all her weight yet has gained it all back plus some. Harvey wants her to lose 6lbs and a total of 35lbs. She tells him she wants to lose 50 lbs and if she does she will weight in in a bikini. Harvery takes that bet. I wish her luck the record is held by Phil M. 41lbs. Men do lose it faster than woman and 50lbs in 3 months is a lot of weight. That's 17lbs a month, 4.25 lbs a wk.

6. Nick Tutturo - Blue Team - gained 40lbs since leaving NYPD in 2000 and is not being cast in leading man roles anymore. His wife tells us he is a midnight snacker. He shows up for the weight in in a orange jacket from a 1970's leisure suit. UGH!
    I think his competitiveness will become a problem. He needs to lose 4 lbs and a total of 25lbs. He also lost his mom in October so he can relate to Tina losing her dad. He says that his mom was always asking him to lose some weight.

7. Ted Lange - Red Team - I think we have our Gunnar Nelson of the season, he is in very good physical shape and won all the competitions except the 1/4 mile on the men's side during Fit Camp. He wants to lose weight so he can remain healthy and active now that he is older. Goal: 4 lbs, total 25lbs.

8. Elaine Eleniak - Blue Team - another one who wants to lose her pregnancy weight, I mentioned in a previous post that she lost a baby at 6 wks and got pregnant again and had a baby girl. She was in Playboy and Baywatch and used to weight in at 120 -125. Her goal is 4lbs and a total of 24lbs.

I think Vinnie, Nick and Carnie will be the diva's and problem children. I have a feeling that Angie may be the Countess of this season, not due to divorce but due to the long term health issues she has had. But Bruce V from season 3 lost weight and he had some serious health issues I truly hope she can do it.

Red Team

Carnie Wilson
    Vinnie P
    Tina Yothers
    Ted Lange

Blue Team

Bone Crusher
    Angie Stone
    Nick T
    Elaine Eleniak

NOTE: I think it is important to note that Carnie, Tina's mother, Ralphie May (season 2??) all had gastric bypass and as Dr. Ian noted it is not the quick fix everyone thinks it is.

NOTE: I think it is important to note that Carnie, Tina's mother, Ralphie May (season 2??) all had gastric bypass and as Dr. Ian noted it is not the quick fix everyone thinks it is.
    True that! Speaking from firsthand experience, it's a tool -- not magic. The portion-size, nutrition-balance, "no grazing" lessons, etc. that we learn during the first couple of post-op years need to be practiced lifelong.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

I'm rooting for Carnie, Tina, and Elaine. All of them really, but these girls all seem to have good hearts and hopefully none of them will wind up being whiners. As usual there are some people on the show I've never heard of or have limited knowledge of.

I thought it was mean of Ant (who still has a bad toupee) to look right at Elaine when he was telling who the team leader would be and said things like "California beaches" and "cover of playboy" and she seemed excited and then he turns his head to Carnie and announces she's the team leader. I just thought it was bitchy of him to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by ArchieComic Fan View Post
    I'm rooting for Carnie, Tina, and Elaine. All of them really, but these girls all seem to have good hearts and hopefully none of them will wind up being whiners. As usual there are some people on the show I've never heard of or have limited knowledge of.

I thought it was mean of Ant (who still has a bad toupee) to look right at Elaine when he was telling who the team leader would be and said things like "California beaches" and "cover of playboy" and she seemed excited and then he turns his head to Carnie and announces she's the team leader. I just thought it was bitchy of him to do that.
    Editing, editing.

When did Erika Eleniak change her name to Elaine?

+ Reply to Thread