+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 64 123456789101151 ... LastLast

Thread: Workout (Bravo)

Workout (Bravo)

I did a search and couldn't find a thread for this show. It caught my eye because I saw a split-second of a commercial for it and instantly recognized Rebecca from The Amazing Race as one of the trainers. I have confirmed that on Bravo's website:

REBECCA, 30 -- Rebecca was born in Virginia Beach and raised by two parents who love fitness. Her mom practices yoga and runs marathons and her father is a competitive weight lifter. Her father started taking her to the gym with him when she was five years old and little Rebecca would do pull ups while he said: "One more and I'll get you a candy bar." Today, she can still do 20 pull-ups and both father and daughter hold world records in bench pressing.

Rebecca was a broadcasting major at George Mason University in Washington, DC. After making the move to Los Angeles, she initially took acting classes, but eventually moved toward fitness and has been training clients for three years. She also had her 15 minutes of fame as a competitor on "The Amazing Race."

Rebecca's fit and healthy philosophy: Diet is everything!! Choose small food portions in addition to weight training and cardio.
    I couldn't tell from Bravo's site what this show is actually about (other than generally being about working out and fitness) and after a bit of searching on the internet (more than I would have thought it would have required), I finally found the following from Mediaweek's summary of Bravo's upfronts in May:
    Workout ... chronicles the various intrigues that take place inside celebrity trainer Jackie Warner’s Hollywood gym.
    This is from Rebecca's own site (www.rebeccacardon.net):
    See Rebecca on Bravo's Workout as the host and face for The Bean, the next generation of Stability Ball.
    What is The Bean? What is Stability Ball? Am I that out of it? (I'll answer my own question: Probably.)

So, for me at least, the premise of this show is still about as clear as mud (is it a contest?). But, I always thought Rebecca and Adam were pretty funny on TAR, so I'll probably check out the first episode, at the very least.

I posted about this in Rebecca's thread last week. The show isn't a contest.. it just all revolves around the filming of a gym, the trainers, and the customers that work out there.

A stability ball is just a huge ball that you use to work out on; anything from crunches, to weight training, to squats... basically anything but cardio. The Bean is along the same concept but it's shaped like a jelly bean (and would therefore ruin my diet if I attempted to work out on it...heh)

You must not watch tv infomercials.

Work Out... Blow Out... same recipe, different ingredients.
    "I've got soul, but I'm not a soldier." The Killers.

Just a reminder Workout premieres tonite after Project Runway.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Rebecca

It is nice to see my cousin's return to reality TV. :-) The show, from what I understand, is a bit like Blowout in that it involves the opening of a new facility and the people that work there. I personally am not a big Jonathan Antin fan but like what I've seen thus far of Jackie (the owner of the gym).

For those of you who are TAR fans, apparently Victoria, also from TAR6, will be making an appearance on the show: http://www.jonathanbakerandvictoriafuller.com/

Quote Originally Posted by MMLEsq View Post
    I couldn't tell from Bravo's site what this show is actually about (other than generally being about working out and fitness) and after a bit of searching on the internet (more than I would have thought it would have required), I finally found the following from Mediaweek's summary of Bravo's upfronts in May:
    I was going to post something about this show as well MMLEsq, but I found that same sad little amount on the Bravo site....bios and not much else.

I'm guessing the show is going to be a lot like The Gym that was on FITtv, but quite possibly the only two people that ever saw that one are Suncat and myself (since she is the one that told me about it). It more or less was just a following of the lives of the trainers in the gym, a handfull of their clients while they were working out, and the owner/his family.
    Last edited by libra1022; 07-19-2006 at 08:52 PM.

Also, here's the link for the Bravo bios:
    http://www.bravotv.com/Work_Out/bios//index.shtml

Jackie Warner

Jackie Warner is owner and managing director of Sky Sport and Spa, an exclusive sports medicine and fitness facility centrally located in Beverly Hills, California. Since it was established in January 2004, Sky Sport and Spa has gained a strong reputation among clients and industry experts for its distinctive design and superior personalized services. The only facility of its kind -- providing a 360° view of Los Angeles -- Sky Sport and Spa offers multiple services including private personal training, nutritional counseling, chiropractic care, group exercise classes, yoga, kick-boxing, massage therapy, physical therapy, and skin rejuvenation therapies.

BRIAN, 27

Brian uses his southern charm inside and outside of the gym. Born and raised in a small town named Salisbury, North Carolina, he was labeled a jock in his youth. Whether it was football, baseball or any other physical sport, Brian never shied away from the challenge. Brian is passionate about serving as a mentor and teacher to people who can benefit from an extra push in physical fitness. He also managed to find love inside the gym walls with Kate, a former client.

Brian's fitness philosophy: Don't over-train yourself and adapt your fitness regimen to your lifestyle. There’s no reason to give up drinking or doing things you enjoy as long as you are willing to do the work inside the gym.

ANDRE, 35

Andre considers Atlanta, Georgia his hometown. Coming from a military background, he is a disciplined and serious individual with big plans for the future. Andre's fitness career began when his personal regime started to gain notice in his hometown gym. After giving out fitness advice to gym-buddies for a while, he figured he might be able to make a little money from his favorite hobby. After starting his training career, he moved to Los Angeles and has not looked back.

Andre's philosophy to staying fit: The key to staying in shape is threefold – be consistent, disciplined, and committed.

ERIKA, 27

A career in the entertainment industry as a junior publicist might not be the typical way to break into the fitness field, but that's how Erika got her start. When the corporate executives she worked with found out she was also a trainer at the local YMCA, they flocked to her for help with their fitness regimen. Erika soon realized that a career training was her true calling and threw in the towel on public relations. Erika holds a degree from the University of Southern California and loves boxing as a way to stay in shape and challenge herself.

Erika's fitness beliefs: Always adhere to a health and fitness lifestyle rather than a trend. Good fitness is a combination of both mental and physical health.

ZEN, 34

Zen was athletic from a young age growing up in Lagrange, Illinois, with spots on the dance teams at the high school and college level. She started teaching step aerobics to the other girls in her dance groups and from there she became a certified personal trainer and group fitness instructor through the American Council on Exercise. Zen’s Los Angeles lifestyle includes stand-up comedy, gardening and painting.

Zen's key to staying fit: Incorporate motivation and laughter into your fitness routine.

JESSE, 25

Jesse is originally from Seattle, Washington and comes from very humble beginnings. After his parents' divorce, his mother started working two jobs, and it became Jesse's duty to cook a healthy meal for the whole family. That's where his love of wholesome cuisine began. Then at 19, Jesse came to Los Angeles and quickly hired an agent and a manager to start building his career as an actor. In the meantime, he waited tables and started working as a receptionist for a boot camp-style training business. Eventually, the owner of the boot camp gave him the opportunity to train his own classes and the rest is history. On top of his training success, Jesse recently enrolled in culinary school and hopes to eventually cook professionally.

Jesse's fitness philosophy: "Just show up." Each client and each day is different and workouts are modified to reflect the needs of that client on that day.

REBECCA, 30

Rebecca was born in Virginia Beach and raised by two parents who love fitness. Her mom practices yoga and runs marathons and her father is a competitive weight lifter. Her father started taking her to the gym with him when she was five years old and little Rebecca would do pull ups while he said: "One more and I'll get you a candy bar." Today, she can still do 20 pull-ups and both father and daughter hold world records in bench pressing.

Rebecca was a broadcasting major at George Mason University in Washington, DC. After making the move to Los Angeles, she initially took acting classes, but eventually moved toward fitness and has been training clients for three years. She also had her 15 minutes of fame as a competitor on "The Amazing Race."

Rebecca's fit and healthy philosophy: Diet is everything!! Choose small food portions in addition to weight training and cardio.

DOUG, 43

Doug was born in Los Angeles to a middle class family. He was the first to go to college in his family and put himself through school at the University of Southern California, deciding during his senior year that he wanted to be a trainer. The same year, he also came out to his parents.

Doug is energetic and experienced. He is a seasoned pro and when he's in the gym, he's in his element. Doug is a total manly man and uses his great physique and charm to befriend anyone he comes in contact with.

Doug's fitness philosophy: Clients want to be loved, so touch is important from the beginning of the session until the end.

AAAACKKKKKK. Victoria from TAR is one of the clients of the gym.

Quote Originally Posted by Swingsongbird View Post
    AAAACKKKKKK. Victoria from TAR is one of the clients of the gym.
    Editing is a wonderful thing, she acted like a normal human being for a change.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Once she's away from Jonathan, she probably is.

The website still says that this show wasn't supposed to debut until next Wednesday, the 25th. I wonder why they moved it up? Was it any good??

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 64 123456789101151 ... LastLast