+ Reply to Thread
Page 61 of 64 FirstFirst ... 115152535455565758596061626364 LastLast

Thread: Workout (Bravo)

Re: Workout (Bravo)

Ranessa and Gregg Plitt list no certifications on the Skysport website. What qualifies them to charge $110/hr without any credentials? Don't get me started on Jackie Warner who lists an on-line certification from a website that doesn't even require that you take the written test in person. You can actually have someone take the test for you! And she has the nerve to charge $400/hr!! Jackie also lists nutrition as her "expertise". I wonder what the basis of her expertise is. I know that I have posted my frustration over their lack of credentials but it just pi**es me off that they are so fake and get away with it simply because they were blessed with good genetics along with some physical training. I wonder why they don't go out and get at least AFAA certified. AFAA is one of the easier certifications and believe me, it's not easy at all! It is a grueling 3 day certification process and then a huge test at the end with a practical exam which includes a huge unit on nutrition. What Gregg and Jackie have done brilliantly is market their genetically blessed bodies. But, as trainers and I say this having been in the Health and Fitness field for 20 plus years, I know that they are not qualified to train based on their certifications or lack thereof listed on the website. Just because Gregg was an Army Ranger among many other respected and honorable accomplishments, does not qualify him to train others. It's sad how people get roped into believing in others simply because of how they look. I compare it to those shampoo commercials and the models with the beautiful hair, buy this shampoo and your hair will look like this. There lack of certifications could be that they are unable to pass the test, judging by Jackie's video, I doubt if she could.

What I hate about their advice giving is that they promote themselves as experts and in my world you ethically can't give expert advice if you aren't qualified to do so. The psychological counseling/therapy they do drives me up the wall. Not a one of them has gone through the proper schooling to do that.

Last time I checked none of them are nutritionists or dietitians. Certainly not doctors etc. When they are dealing with people giving this advice some of these people might have serious psychological or medical problems and the advice they are giving could put them in danger. I have a huge problem with people who misrepresent themselves like that because the people who go see them don't know they're not experts. That they're not really trained in physiology etc.

Anyone can go online read a few webpages and think they know what they're doing. Or sit through a one hour conference on spinning or basic nutrition but that doesn't mean they're qualified to be handing out advice based on that.

FORT Regular

Man, do I agree with the last 2 posts. Jackie is just a complete and total scam -- she's nothing but a con artist. What qualifies her to charge $400 an hour? Absolutely nothing. But there must be poor suckers -- or just LA loons -- willing to pay her fat fees. As demonstrated on the show, she's clearly and disturbingly unqualified to offer any sound advice on training. Her methods (as seen on the show -- like constant puking) are clearly dangerous and unhealthy. I think what's most disturbing about her gym is that there's no medical affiliation whatsoever. What they showed of the content in her DVD looked so amatuerish. It looked like a Jane Fonda video from 25 years ago. I don't get it. How much longer will this woman's scam continue?

I wonder how many people actually know that she's not qualified. I mean in the grand scheme of things how many people actually know what qualifications to look for in a trainer etc.? I know around here a lot of people don't even question what makes someone qualified to act as an expert People have no concept of the training and education involved in various disciplines to make an expert and assume if one opens up shop they must know what they are talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by luvsginger;3053936;
    Ranessa and Gregg Plitt list no certifications on the Skysport website. What qualifies them to charge $110/hr without any credentials? Don't get me started on Jackie Warner who lists an on-line certification from a website that doesn't even require that you take the written test in person. You can actually have someone take the test for you! And she has the nerve to charge $400/hr!! Jackie also lists nutrition as her "expertise". I wonder what the basis of her expertise is. I know that I have posted my frustration over their lack of credentials but it just pi**es me off that they are so fake and get away with it simply because they were blessed with good genetics along with some physical training. I wonder why they don't go out and get at least AFAA certified. AFAA is one of the easier certifications and believe me, it's not easy at all! It is a grueling 3 day certification process and then a huge test at the end with a practical exam which includes a huge unit on nutrition. What Gregg and Jackie have done brilliantly is market their genetically blessed bodies. But, as trainers and I say this having been in the Health and Fitness field for 20 plus years, I know that they are not qualified to train based on their certifications or lack thereof listed on the website. Just because Gregg was an Army Ranger among many other respected and honorable accomplishments, does not qualify him to train others. It's sad how people get roped into believing in others simply because of how they look. I compare it to those shampoo commercials and the models with the beautiful hair, buy this shampoo and your hair will look like this. There lack of certifications could be that they are unable to pass the test, judging by Jackie's video, I doubt if she could.
    Come on Bravo, uncertified or falsily certified trainers can do a hell of a lot of damage to their clients which could result in law suits against said trainers, the supposed gym and Bravo for promoting the "trainers" as qualified. JD went from a "massage therapist" (lol) to a fitness therapist over night. No training. Yeah right JD, lots of definitions of a massage therapist out there.

Bravo doesn't care if the show is doing damage or if people are outraged? Why should they? They care only that people, regardless of what they complain about, keep right on watching the show.

I wrote to them and their sponsors, told them I would no longer watch, told Bravo I would not watch their awards show because Jackie was an MC, and I stopped watching.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

I did the same Florimel. As well as writing to some of their sponsors. Why people are still watching after being outraged by her actions & poor fitness techniques I don't understand. I guess I don't like watching car accidents so I have no desire to watch train wrecks either.

Quote Originally Posted by causingchaos;3056948;
    I wonder how many people actually know that she's not qualified. I mean in the grand scheme of things how many people actually know what qualifications to look for in a trainer etc.? I know around here a lot of people don't even question what makes someone qualified to act as an expert People have no concept of the training and education involved in various disciplines to make an expert and assume if one opens up shop they must know what they are talking about.
    Any respectable gym, fitness center or personal training center requires a current national recognized certification from their staff. The rates that the trainer charges vary and depend on the experience he/she has.
    After checking out the Skysport website, I noticed that only about half of the trainers are certified. Many of the trainers list zero certifications listed including Gregg Plitt, Renessa, JD and Rebecca. Many have on-line certifications including Jackie. What I find interesting is that the trainers that have respectable certifications actually charge less an hour than those who list nothing. I also noticed that the trainers list CPR as one of their certifications. CPR is a requirement at any gym even if you work at the front desk. I wonder if Jackie and the others who list nothing are even CPR certified.
    It's really unfortunate when you think about the people who are suckered into paying exorbitant amounts of money to these so called trainers who are really just con-artists.

Quote Originally Posted by hutchlover;3057521;
    I did the same Florimel. As well as writing to some of their sponsors. Why people are still watching after being outraged by her actions & poor fitness techniques I don't understand. I guess I don't like watching car accidents so I have no desire to watch train wrecks either.
    Hutch, I don't know why I continued to watch, maybe I can't believe that this is charade of a real "Workout" is still on. Am I still waiting for it to change, an apology or maybe Ashton Kutcher to jump out and tell us we've all been punked. Who knows, but the best part of all the episodes is when Jackie fell on her ASS and continues to do so right before our eyes!
    sorry for the double post

FORT Regular

If there's another season of this show, I know I won't watch. I'm still not over Jackie's despicable behavior regarding the woman with cancer. I think Jackie's always gonna be sitting behind the glass walls of her office laughing at people working out in her gym. OK, maybe she'll have her super-duper nasty lady-manager crack the jokes, but you know she'll be LHAO. She's truly a horrible woman and she certainly doesn't represent lesbians or the many hard-working legitmately professional women who own small businesses. Con artists can't keep conning forever. They eventually get discovered. I only want to see Bravo show Jackie's eventual downfall, when she's ultimately uncovered as the fraud she is.

+ Reply to Thread