+ Reply to Thread
Page 59 of 64 FirstFirst ... 949505152535455565758596061626364 LastLast

Thread: Workout (Bravo)

FORT Regular

Re: Workout (Bravo)

Although I just started watching the show this season, I'm appauled at the actions of some cast members that passes as "professional" in a work environment, especially one that demands $400/session!

IMHO the Jamie Eason episode was scripted. Given the purpose of recruiting Brian as a combative personality to clash with Jackie, BravoTV had to create a dramatic exit (since he's rumored to be working on his spinoff show). Jamie Eason is a body builder/model who has made a living from competitions & in front of cameras. I find it difficult to believe a comment from an office manager or even a gym owner about any facet of her body, which has been critiqued for profit, would result in lawsuits threatened. Of course, it was in bad taste & unprofessional for Lisa &/or Jackie to comment about a client (especially knowing cameras were rolling - who could miss that?). Her having successfully battled against breast cancer was irrelevant to the issue of office gossip/lack of professionalism endorsed by Jackie. I wish the show would have used Jamie Eason's presence to positively promote breast cancer awareness & inspire others, rather than using that fact to paint her as a weak victim needing protecting/a man to loose his job defending.

Personally, I dislike PDA, especially when scripted. I would rather see more about the gym, routines, fitness!
    Last edited by Mantenna; 06-05-2008 at 09:23 PM.

Welcome to the board *angela! The reason you do not see more footage about the gym, routine and fitness is because Skysport is not a "regular" gym like 24hr or Bally Total Fitness. It is basically a personal training gym where trainers pay a fee to train their clients and the clients may pay a fee as well. Most likely, Jackie's "employees" are independent contractors. As you probably have noticed Skysport is really not that big, there are only a few cardio machines and the only class offered is Boot Camp. They don't even offer spin classes, I've never even noticed any spin bikes at Sky Sport. I noticed on the web site that the only one certified in group ex is Agostina. Jackie is obviously in the fitness field to make money not to inspire and change people's lives. I admit after watching this season, Jackie is not my favorite person but I at least thought she she was much more knowledgeable than she really is. A lot of BS comes out of her mouth and after watching her video anyone who participates in group ex will realize just how full of s*** she is! I love her comment on how the hip flexors create that "cut" look. Also, did you notice how she said she would have her "4 pack" in one week? How unhealthy is that? She goes totally against everything the Fitness Industry has been trying to educate the public about. Getting fit and healthy takes time. It's not about killing yourself in a boot camp class until you vomit or drinking nasty green shakes. It's about adapting a healthy lifestyle that fits into your life. Making life changes that will work for the rest of your life, not for the next two weeks or up until you achieve your ideal weight. Jackie takes a few months off and then tries to make up for it in one week. What kind of a role model is she trying to be? This show has become such a trainwreck and I am enjoying watching the crash. Sorry for venting but it is so hard for me to just sit back and be quiet on this subject!

Quote Originally Posted by luvsginger;3041022;
    Welcome to the board *angela! The reason you do not see more footage about the gym, routine and fitness is because Skysport is not a "regular" gym like 24hr or Bally Total Fitness. It is basically a personal training gym where trainers pay a fee to train their clients and the clients may pay a fee as well. Most likely, Jackie's "employees" are independent contractors. As you probably have noticed Skysport is really not that big, there are only a few cardio machines and the only class offered is Boot Camp. They don't even offer spin classes, I've never even noticed any spin bikes at Sky Sport. I noticed on the web site that the only one certified in group ex is Agostina. Jackie is obviously in the fitness field to make money not to inspire and change people's lives. I admit after watching this season, Jackie is not my favorite person but I at least thought she she was much more knowledgeable than she really is. A lot of BS comes out of her mouth and after watching her video anyone who participates in group ex will realize just how full of s*** she is! I love her comment on how the hip flexors create that "cut" look. Also, did you notice how she said she would have her "4 pack" in one week? How unhealthy is that? She goes totally against everything the Fitness Industry has been trying to educate the public about. Getting fit and healthy takes time. It's not about killing yourself in a boot camp class until you vomit or drinking nasty green shakes. It's about adapting a healthy lifestyle that fits into your life. Making life changes that will work for the rest of your life, not for the next two weeks or up until you achieve your ideal weight. Jackie takes a few months off and then tries to make up for it in one week. What kind of a role model is she trying to be? This show has become such a trainwreck and I am enjoying watching the crash. Sorry for venting but it is so hard for me to just sit back and be quiet on this subject!
    This is the best part of the show.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;3041047;
    This is the best part of the show.
    You've got that right, Bear! Isn't it fun and oh so satisfying?

Quote Originally Posted by luvsginger;3041057;
    You've got that right, Bear! Isn't it fun and oh so satisfying?
    Yes it is and it couldn't have happened to a more deserving person then Jackie.

I just caught a minute of the "cell phone" episode. My goodness did she look controlling there. Her girlfriend can't talk to her ex but she can go on a cruise with her and flirt with hers etc?

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Erika put all of this blonde crap in her hair. Really detracts from her beauty. Bad move!

I decided tonight that I don't think Greg Plitt is, at all, good looking. The body is, but that's all.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Wow, DeeDee lost 33 lbs, Shannon lost over 50 lbs. That is incredible. How long was this program??

Jackie, asking for relationship advice from her employees, one of whom is Rebecca who she used to date and she thinks Brianna has problems? Should Jackie even be talking to Rebecca at all outside of work considering that they dated?? Bit hypocritical there don't you think??

It hasn't aired on the west coast, yet but I'm glad that Shannon lost all that weight. I'm happy for her, she seemed serious about it. I've noticed that Jackie has not written on her bravotv blog for quite some time. I wonder if she is on damage control or she just doesn't give a sh**. In Lisa's blog she mentions that Jackie has a personal assistant but I'm sure she won't be needing one for too much longer. I am sure that Andrea is not happy with the way the video turned out. And, you know Kelli Roberts was not so pleased at her insults on last week's episode. More bridges she has burned.

Quote Originally Posted by luvsginger;3049919;
    It hasn't aired on the west coast, yet but I'm glad that Shannon lost all that weight. I'm happy for her, she seemed serious about it. I've noticed that Jackie has not written on her bravotv blog for quite some time. I wonder if she is on damage control or she just doesn't give a sh**. In Lisa's blog she mentions that Jackie has a personal assistant but I'm sure she won't be needing one for too much longer. I am sure that Andrea is not happy with the way the video turned out. And, you know Kelli Roberts was not so pleased at her insults on last week's episode. More bridges she has burned.
    You are gonna luv this luvsginger. I have next week's TV Guide and they are giving Jackie's DVD rave reviews. How well paced it is, how hard some of the segments are, what a great workout it is. The only thing negative said about the DVD was the "musak" like sound track.

+ Reply to Thread