+ Reply to Thread
Page 56 of 64 FirstFirst ... 646474849505152535455565758596061626364 LastLast

Thread: Workout (Bravo)

Re: Workout (Bravo)

Quote Originally Posted by Panonaharley;3023937;
    I am glad you all read the other idiotic things she said..It is apparent Jackie has hit the "self-destruct" button for sure...
    There was a time I had compassion for Jackie (not this season tho)..Now, my compassion for her has melted into indifference. I could care less how hard she hits her face when she falls.

Whether she falls tomorrow, next year or a decade from now, she is in for a rude awakening....

I am in total agreement that the outrage toward Jackie isn't about the fact Jamie was a breast cancer survivor. (A golden opportunity was lost tho to have educated others on breast cancer) but I would like to remind Jackie ...Cancer is not prejudice...

Neither fame nor fortune can keep her immune from cancer or any of the other issues she disrespects.
    Remember she doesn't like us "crack jobs" on the internet either. She just insulted all the people who visit FORT. Gosh that hole is getting deeper still.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Kao

Ugh, so now she's claiming that Peeler set her up? WTF?

Ok, she just lost any grunion of credibility she might have had.

Quote Originally Posted by Kao;3024429;
    Ugh, so now she's claiming that Peeler set her up? WTF?

Ok, she just lost any grunion of credibility she might have had.
    Would it have killed Jackie to either say to Peeler, Hey I was in the room when those comments were made and the persons involved apologized or tell Peeler, I can't talk now lets schedule a meeting and we will discuss it then instead of firing him? I mean that would be the right thing to do, instead of firing him and now insinuating that Peeler was trying to set her up. Is Jackie so focused on Jackie and her world that she doesn't understand how it effects others. She claims that she is a leader and not a follower. I beg to differ there are other options. Why is it people describe themselves as one or the other? I do think Jackie is a self starter, and entrepeneur but she is a crappy leader. More of a dictator if you ask me. One thing Jackie is is a bridge burner. She irritates the heck out of people. At some point it will hurt her. But of course in Jackie World it is the other person's fault not hers.

Granted we see an edited version of the confrontation but Peeler asking to discuss complaints made by his client about comments made in her gym with her didn't warrant a firing. I didn't see him go storming in there. I saw him angry but under control until the end of that discussion. And I would honestly be angry too if my boss made comments about one of my clients like that and try to discuss it with them. And if I was confronted by her stonewalling technique to discussions I would most likely raise my voice too that something was said that was so beyond out of line....

FORT Regular

FYI -- Deenie has been on more than one reality show.

Hey, fellow bravo.comers, can I have a cookie?

Finished watching the 5/27/08 episode - mom visits.

Very toned down, no drama, very normal episode. At first listening to Jackie I thought her mom would be a very intolerant tough nut to crack but if you watch the entire show you can see that their personalities are so different that if they were not mother and daughter I don't know if they would ever interact. Yes Jackie's mom is a fundamentalist and does not believe the gay lifestyle is right. But I see Jackie throwing that she is gay into everyone's face and that is why they don't like her. Well, I have news for her. I don't care that she is gay. She can be a very petty mean person who blames evereyone but herself for situations cause she is perfect and the rest have mental problems. It was very interesting to watch Jackie's mom interact with Brianna and her family. Karen (Jackie's mom) is very quiet and observant, she may also be very shy and uncomfortable in social situations. You could tell once she saw that Brianna was nice and wasn't there to hurt Jackie or mess her up in another bad relationship she opened up and interacted more. I do not think Karen will ever be the life of the party, an attention seeker like Jackie is but she does love her daughter and wants her to be happy. I did like that Karen poked at Jackie a couple of times as far as saying she gets herself into bad relationships, implying she has crappy jusgement. You go mom.

Later when Jackie is at her therapists, it was interesting how very subltly she was trying to blame her mom for crappy stuff in her life. Jackie is complaining that she is burnt out and that she has too many projects and can't do them all. When the therapist suggests delagating, Jackies claims there is no one who can do it. Huh, she claims she is such a great business woman, has 21 employees, had to hire an office manager at the gym and she can't delagate.Well, that is just another sign that she is not a great leader or business person. Poor Jackie is suffering, Ahhhhhhhh!!!

The other story arc involved Greg Butler and Deenie. Gregg Butler is now training Victoria and so relieved he has a motivated client who doesn't give him any BS. He also claims he is so compassionate. Well isn't he just full of himself. He is about as compassionate as a rock. The jacka$$. Then they show Greg playing a gig at a bar and he goes on and on about how nice it is to have support from the other trainers, Peeler shows up but thankfully Jackie does not. I start to think, why in the heck do you need support from your co-workers for this event. Where are your friends? The more and more you look at the background it looks as if Greg, his band and the other trianers are the only people in the club. Staged you ask? Yeah, I think it might have been staged. If you look there are no other people there it's all camera angles and lights making it seem as if there is a huge crowd.

There is rather strange disconnect showing Jackie doing Boot Camp in the evening with the Skylabbers and Jackie was all over how Victoria (Greg B's client) had issues and needed to find the fire within and push herself. I am going this is weird cause according to Gregg B, Victoria is a great motivated client. Again feels very scripted.

Gregg Plitt is training Deenie. She reacts much better to Greg P then Greg B. I question that what she did was drama. I was dissappointed tho that she used her ankle as an excuse not to do some exercises.

JD and his sister worked out together and later they show JD taking his Skylabber to get a "goal" dress. Natalie has lost 25 lbs in a month and half (6 wks). That is amazing. I did like how he and his friends at the store were trying to help her overcome some of her self confidence, self esteem issues. It was quite nice.

Jackie was just in Chicago for a PR trip to promote her show and products and there was not ONE mention of the controversy in the gay press. I guess the local lesbians circled the wagons and protected their little showpiece.

So.......what's in Jackie's girlfriend's cell phone????? Perhaps test msg from Mimi? or better yet, Peeler?

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;3029481;
    There is rather strange disconnect showing Jackie doing Boot Camp in the evening with the Skylabbers and Jackie was all over how Victoria (Greg B's client) had issues and needed to find the fire within and push herself. I am going this is weird cause according to Gregg B, Victoria is a great motivated client. Again feels very scripted.
    Didn't Victoria also say she felt ill and threw up in the garbage can? Again, this idea that you end up throwing up after doing her bootcamps.

I agree that mom is more the quiet type. But in some scenes, I had to wonder if she was not clinically depressed.

Add me to the list who can't wait to find out what is on the cell phone!

Quote Originally Posted by luvsginger;3029737;
    So.......what's in Jackie's girlfriend's cell phone????? Perhaps test msg from Mimi? or better yet, Peeler?
    My guess would be the 'other' woman. Maybe Briana is a two-timer? That would make for a good episode.

It was funny how they edited the last show. They tried their best to make Jackie's mom look uncomfortable with meeting Briana and her family, but they didn't do a good job. First she complained of feeling ill, and she looked like she wasn't feeling well. And, yes, she is a quiet person. When Jackie and Karen were talking in the car, it seemed like that was pieced together, too. Jackie would ask, 'Do you have any questions for me about Briana' and then they inserted an edited 'no' from Karen as a response.

I think it is sad that Karen is unwilling to accept that Jackie is gay, but the show is totally trying to inject drama into that situation, and I don't think there's anything truly going on that is at all 'dramatic'. I thought the last episode was a bit dull.

+ Reply to Thread