+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 64 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Workout (Bravo)

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar

Re: Workout (Bravo)

Quote Originally Posted by corprip;2324791;
    I agree. It was almost eerie how much foreshadowing there was. I wonder if he psyched himself out, or if he knew more about his health than he was letting others know. It's awfully rare for a 44 year-old in top shape to get taken out by the flu.
    They sure are being very careful to not disclose exactly what was wrong with him and his family. For the most part, I was thinking AIDS..........but.......his mom and dad too?
    It was a very difficult episode to watch.

Also, after watching Jackie, I can't help but think part of Mimi's craziness came from Jackie herself. Jackie can be so cold and plays so many little mind games, I wouldn't be surprised if Mimi was acting out partly to get back at Jackie and partly to get a reaction from her. Jackie was driving ME crazy, and I'm not even dating her.
    THANK YOU!

That's what we've been saying. Mimi kept saying to Jackie how Jackie has changed, how she didn't even know what Jackie was doing anymore, Jackie's priorities changed..etc..etc.. Jackie just kept getting PO'd at Mimi and would pretty much only say things about the business growing, so much to do..and how Mimi doesn't know stress, yadda yadda.
    It's not like we were a PART of the relationship, but IOO, it looked like Jackie was getting a huge head (she sure doesn't lack self-importance) over her sudden success and seemed to shove Mimi to the side. Also, it just seemed that she wanted to show the cameras just how often she could flirt, pickup on someone, date, one-night-stand and basically do "as she wanted" all the time.
    Now that Rebecca is hooking up with her, when you watch the old episodes...I absolutely side with Mimi. Rebecca has ALWAYS been a thorn in Mimi's side, always flirting with Jackie, Jackie always playing along, jokes being hurled about Mimi by Rebecca... The end was inevitable I think, and I'm glad Mimi got out when she did.

What makes people think that lesbians are any different than anyone else who dates? Jesse and his lesbian-opinions, lashing out at Rebecca and his constant attention-whore behaviors about the issue are just driving me crazy. I would NOT miss Jesse, the show can do without him.

My opinions of these people somewhat change with every episode.. Peeler's reaction to Rebecca/Jackie was dead-on. He really didn't care, but just thought that it's wrong because of the work issue. But, it IS Jackie's business...sooooo....

Jackie and her idiotic explanation as to why the other chick showed up at the restaraunt was beyond lame. Then she goes on to explain just how difficult it is to "juggle" two women. Yea, well... Jackie, it's only difficult for those who want cameras to catch every single angle of their sexual conquests.

Being single..I think people should be able to do whatever they want..without hurting anyone in the process, of course. So, I'm not faulting Jackie for her dual-dating habits..I am faulting her for making such a big damn scene in front of all of her employees and then just as quickly...casting Rebecca aside for the sake of "free" puntang for the evening. How mature is THAT? It was all so strangely uncomfortable. Feeding her, arm around her, sniping at Rebecca. Wtf!?
    Did she JUST hit puberty?! Where's her couth?

It's hard enough to defend even being a lesbian, I'm wondering why she'd want herself to be scrutinized even MORE by being so blatant, and somewhat careless, with her sexual wiles. Also, I hope viewers who don't know a thing about gay people..don't make rash judgements about lesbians simply because of how Jackie is portraying herself.

Strange thing though...I'm liking Rebecca. I've never been a fan of hers, EVER.. but, to see her work her way into Jackie's life is pretty cute. Seems she just started out being curious, and is finding herself getting engulfed. I just think she's going to Heche it up. I'm hoping I'm wrong.

They are very cute together, and if the relationship is genuine..I'll support'm 100%. At this point though, Jackie is irritating the hell outta me.

What is she hoping to show us with this reality show though? It's confusing.

R.I.P Doug.
    Last edited by Maveno; 04-11-2007 at 02:44 PM.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Quote Originally Posted by Maveno
    What makes people think that lesbians are any different than anyone else who dates? Jesse and his lesbian-opinions, lashing out at Rebecca and his constant attention-whore behaviors about the issue are just driving me crazy. I would NOT miss Jesse, the show can do without him.
    I thought Rebecca was hilarious when she was talking about Jesse being cool except for being schizophrenic and forgetting to take his bipolar medicine. I was cheering her on when she said that.

Maveno, at first I thought AIDS too, but like you said his parents died young also, and unless Doug was getting Sculptra, he just didn't look like he had the severe lipodystrophy advanced AIDS patients tend to get. Although he was obviously in decent shape because of his working out, he did often look haggard. Maybe his working out was an attempt to fight off what he knew was an inevitable early death? Sad...
    "I've got soul, but I'm not a soldier." The Killers.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I thought he probably looked haggard because of too much sun exposure.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Newbie

I just read that he was undergoing chemo for a fast growing brain tumor, but had been in remission. How sad!!!

Why didn't the office try to do more to track Doug down? I assume there was some contact info on Theo, who could have let you know what was going on w/Doug sooner. It just seems a little too long to go (one week) without seemingly doing more to try to find him. When someone is MIA, doesnt it go through your mind that possibly there is a health issue involved? I had a client noshow, and left a message stating my worry, hoping everything was fine, and it turned out it wasnt, he almost died from a drug reaction. My question is how much was edited out that we the viewers will never be aware of? Because at this point, I am left feeling that there wasnt much of an effort to find Doug.
    To change subjects, having just watched this episode, Jackie, can you now put yourself in your workers shoes and see how you came across to them, making out w/an employee (ethical problem in most situations) and then turning around and having your person of interest show up?

Are you not afraid of a sexual harrassment issue?
    Never Grow a Wishbone where a Backbone oughta Be

Jackie dating an employee? Incredibly poor judgement on her part- if this were a case of a male boss dating a female subordinate, the negative reaction would be a lot stronger.

That no one bothered to look for Doug, to find out what was going on, doesn't surprise me. These folks seem too self-involved so that worry and concern for another person probably doesn't even register in their minds.
    " I have a simple outlook-leave every person I meet with a smile on their face."-Donny

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I can only figure that Doug was the kind of person who would disappear for short bits of time without telling anyone, although he didn't seem like the kind of person who would do that (from the show).
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by redsox girl;2331078;
    ..if this were a case of a male boss dating a female subordinate, the negative reaction would be a lot stronger.
    Not true at all.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2331103;
    I can only figure that Doug was the kind of person who would disappear for short bits of time without telling anyone, although he didn't seem like the kind of person who would do that (from the show).
    Not only that, I'm guessing that the trainers probably only have appointments. They might have other jobs and go to the gym a few hours a week to train and workout. Not having Doug show up may not have been too unusual.

Quote Originally Posted by Maveno;2331169;
    Not true at all.
    It may not be true based on your experience, but it's true based on my experience and that's why I worote what I did.
    " I have a simple outlook-leave every person I meet with a smile on their face."-Donny

+ Reply to Thread