+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 64 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212262 ... LastLast

Thread: Workout (Bravo)

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    What I think I've found interesting is the back story that we all know, about Doug dying and the "feud" between Doug and Jackie's young trainer (can't think of his name). Interesting that Doug has tried to apologize, but the other guy says he's not ready to let it go yet. Made me stop and think that we never know what is going to happen in this life, so maybe we'd better mend a few fences...just in case we have to face the unthinkable.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Regular
    I didn't see Jesse's Bravo post about Doug but I assume it was quite nasty. And it seemed like Doug didn't mean to be insulting at all. Jesse is really a bitter little queen for someone so young. He seems very insecure about his masculinity. I think Doug referred to him as a "Jack" type (from Will & Grace) 'cause he's a young flighty party boy -- and he is. Doug referred to himself as probably a better role model, not because of being more masculine but because he was older and more grounded (which is how it should be by 40-something).

Last season Jesse was the cute hot young thing -- and he knew it and reveled in it. Now he's fat and I love it. He's still young but he's much less cute and definitely NOT hot. Without the hot factor he's just left with an extremely obnoxious personality and that's probably why he's so bitter. Also, he's probably not getting laid. In gay LA, to be young and cute won't cut it -- you gotta have a great body or you might as well stay home.

I want to know how he can be a trainer with such a flabby, out-of-shape body. Jackie is gonna make FAT Jesse wear moo-moo tent dresses to camouflage.

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Starbucks880;2290286;
    I cannot for the life of me figure out her addiction to Mimi.
    Neither can I! Jackie doesn't seem to lack self-awareness or confidence, so why she's with someone so overtly nasty is beyond me. I hope Mimi is out of the story soon, because it's not drama, it's annoyance.

FORT Regular
    what doug said was very insulting, though. he proclaimed himself a 'normal' gay may and a 'real gay man' as opposed to jesse who was 'too over the top' and 'too gay', the jack from 'will and grace' type, blah, blah, blah. i don't blame jesse for being insulted by that. i would've been too. doug was basically trying to put himself in a higher class of gay man status than 'someone like jesse'. jesse's point was that we're all gay period. let's not classify each other.

fact is, doug started this by saying something that insulted jesse but possibly other gay men. jesse got offended and fired back. doug only apologized when he found out that jesse was offended. jesse didn't want to accept the apology at that time. unfortunately doug passed away, now it's too late.

doug should've left jesse's name out of it.

Hopefully, they resolved the dispute before Doug died...I guess we'll just have to wait and see but, you're right... Doug should have left Jesse's name out of it.

Oh well....do-do happens.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by endia;2291925;
    what doug said was very insulting, though. he proclaimed himself a 'normal' gay man and a 'real gay man' as opposed to jesse who was 'too over the top' and 'too gay', the jack from 'will and grace' type, blah, blah, blah. i don't blame jesse for being insulted by that. i would've been too. doug was basically trying to put himself in a higher class of gay man status than 'someone like jesse'. jesse's point was that we're all gay period. let's not classify each other.

fact is, doug started this by saying something that insulted not just jesse but possibly other gay men. jesse got offended and fired back. doug only apologized when he found out that jesse was offended. jesse didn't want to accept the apology at that time. unfortunately doug passed away, now it's too late.

doug should've left jesse's name out of it.

it's hard to get over something when it is put out there for public consumption til eternity like a printed interview. no matter if doug apologized, those words are still out there for everyone to read forever. maybe that made it harder for jesse to get over.

FORT Regular
    I didn't know what Doug said specifically in his post. That "normal" gay man stuff is BS and I don't blame Jesse for being upset either. This point of view might be typical for someone 40+ -- but maybe not -- and it doesn't excuse Doug for putting it out there. Dying doesn't make soemone a saint, but hopefully can give some perspective.

Sorry, but I still can't stand Jesse and I can't help loving that he's fat and not so cute anymore.

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoobie Doobie;2292351;
    I didn't know what Doug said specifically in his post. That "normal" gay man stuff is BS and I don't blame Jesse for being upset either. This point of view might be typical for someone 40+ -- but maybe not -- and it doesn't excuse Doug for putting it out there. Dying doesn't make soemone a saint, but hopefully can give some perspective.

Sorry, but I still can't stand Jesse and I can't help loving that he's fat and not so cute anymore.

oh, i know that jesse's a suck up and can be irritating. lol he's funny, though, so i don't really hate him.

Dying doesn't make someone a saint, but it has a way of making you wish you had done some things differently while you had the chance...especially if the other party was trying to make peace while he was still around.

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by endia;2292548;
    oh, i know that jesse's a suck up and can be irritating. lol he's funny, though, so i don't really hate him.
    I don't agree -- I think Jesse's sense of humor is extremely nasty and snippy. I like to snark on dopey dopes on a silly reality show but I wouldn't laugh at people or make jokes at other people's expense. Jesse would.

By the way, don't go to the Television Without Pity board on this show because they're crucifying your boy Jesse.

This show has really jumped the shark. I don't get what happened to Jackie. Last season she was a smart, strong, self-assured woman and she anchored the show. The best thing she did was to finally dump Mimi. It was about time. The idiot threw a glass at her head. Now we see that she's still with Mimi. Stupid! And from the previews, we see she's making out with one of her employees? Stupid! Jackie's pushing 40 and she's acting like the 20 something morons that work for her.

The biggest problem with this show is that everyone is either unlikeable or uninteresting. Now Jackie is too. Peeler is so ugly and annoying, it actually hurts my eyes to look at him. And his blather makes my ears bleed. The new trainer is dull and so is Zen. The one that Jackie's making out with -- the one that's been on 700 reality shows is just trying oh so hard to be flirty, flirty, sexy, sexy -- I don't want to look at that one or think about her or my brain will explode.

Likely I'll be dialing on from this show.

+ Reply to Thread