+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 64 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202161 ... LastLast

Thread: Workout (Bravo)

Work Out's second season premieres on March 20th with episodes on Tuesdays at 10:00 p.m.(per Bravo's and SkySportSpa's websites). That having been said, on the Bravo tv schedule for March 20th it shows up at 11:00 p.m. (not 10:00 p.m.).

Bravo seems to be re-running the first season this week and over this weekend.

Welcome to SKYSPORTSPA.COM - Home to Jackie Warner, star of Bravo's WORKOUT

Let the sunshine in! IMAPrincess's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2043209;
    Is it just me, or did everybody in the gym (trainers and clients) wear the necklace while they were there, but they didn't wear them when they were not working?
    Quote Originally Posted by VanJagSol;2116897;
    I thought it was a necklace like a special stone or energy something or another, like maybe she gave it to her staff and clients as a gift. I was wondering where I could get one.

I definitely look forward to another season.
    I bet those necklaces are where the mics are for the trainers. The necklaces reminded me of the ones that the cast wore on Paradise Hotel. And those necklaces were mics for the cast members.
    I'm only as strong as the cocktails I drink, the hair spray I use, and the friends I have.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    We'll be seeing the trainer who died this year, Doug, up to the point where he was hospitalized and, subsequently, died. Sad.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

For anyone else who wasn't aware that Doug had passed:
    Bravo 'Work Out' trainer Doug Blasdell unexpectedly dies at age 44

By Christopher Rocchio and Steve Rogers, 01/24/2007

Doug Blasdell, a 44-year-old gay trainer on Bravo's reality series Work Out, unexpectedly died on Monday after being hospitalized over the weekend for unknown reasons.

Bravo confirmed Blasdell's death in a statement released Tuesday afternoon:

"All of us at Bravo are deeply saddened by the terrible news of Doug Blasdell's untimely passing. He was an inspiring trainer, an exuberant colleague who made the gym a very fun place each and every day and was extraordinarily warm in all aspects of his life. Our heartfelt sympathy goes out to his many friends and colleagues at this very difficult time."

According to his Bravo website biography, Blasdell was born in Los Angeles, CA to a middle class family. After becoming the first member of his family to attend college and putting himself through school at University of Southern California, he decided during his senior year that he wanted to be a trainer. That same year, he also came out and told his parents that he was gay.

Work Out, a reality series that followed the daily activities of fitness expert Jackie Warner's Sky Sport and Spa in Beverly Hills, CA, premiered on Bravo in July 2006. The indoor/outdoor gym's clients include numerous celebrities and members of the entertainment industry.

Three of the eight trainers featured on Work Out's first season, including both Warner and Blasdell, are gay. Former The Amazing Race 6 contestant Rebecca Cardon is also one of the gym's trainers. In July 2006, Blasdell gave an interview to AfterElton.com, a website for and about gay and bisexual men in entertainment and media industries.

"The three [gay trainers on Work Out] give different examples of what it is to be gay. And none of it is negative," Blasdell told AfterElton.com. "There's nobody voted off. It's about taking care of yourself and eating right. It really is about being a trainer. Yeah, we drink alcohol, but the show represents healthy living. Physically and emotionally."

Blasdell said he had "an idea" of what Work Out would be like before filming for the series started.

"When I took the job here's what was most important to me: to portray a gay man as a healthy guy who is somewhat good looking and normal. Not over the top gay," Blasdell told AfterElton.com. "That's important because Hollywood doesn't show that a lot... I want to portray a real gay man for those people in Nebraska that are afraid to come out."

Blasdell said by appearing on Work Out, he also hoped to "show that you can be in your 40's and still have a good body and have a healthy lifestyle."

"I know a lot of 40-year-olds let their body's go. You can have great abs and be forty-three. You just have to work out two or three days a week," he told AfterElton.com. "And I saw it as an opportunity to be a role model."

Last October, Bravo announced it was about was going to begin production on a new six-episode second season of Work Out in November. While the network's announcement stated Warner's "fierce team of trainers, some old and some new" would return for the series' second season, it's unknown if Blasdell was participating in the new season's production.

1/25 UPDATE: According to a Bravo spokesperson contacted by Reality TV World, Blasdell had been participating in Work Out's second season production, which was in its final stages when he was hospitalized. Blasdell will remain part of Work Out's second season cast, however no additional details regarding how Blasdell's death will impact the remaining production or be addressed in the show are currently available. Work Out remains on track to debut its new season on Monday, March 19.
    Bravo 'Work Out' trainer Doug Blasdell unexpectedly dies at age 44 - Reality TV World - News, information, episode summaries, message boards, chat and games for unscripted television programs
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

FORT Regular
    Glad to hear they'll be paying homage to Doug -- he seemed like a nice guy. His calming and intelligent influence will be missed. There are so many idiots on this show -- the smug/smirky young gay guy, the Survivor/Big Brother/or some reality show I don't remember/annoying chick and especially that moron/plug Pealer. Doug's "older guy" presence was much needed. It looks like they're replacing him with another young moron.

I can't believe they're bringing back Mimi. I guess they need the drama. She may be hot but she was so annoying, anyone else would have kicked her to the curb long ago.

I think Jackie's body is totally unhot -- no curves at all. But I'm not a lesbian. Maybe they think she's hot?

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Mimi is only hot if you like chimps. Not only does she look like one, but she bites like one.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I watched the show last night and it seems that Jackie will be moving on with her life with one of the trainers. I can not understand why she is with Mimi. She is not attractive and that realtionship is unhealthy on so many levels. Love makes you do some crazy things.
    Holla back!

I happened to catch the last part of the episode where she and Mimi were in therapy. I cannot for the life of me figure out her addiction to Mimi. It looks like by the previews she might be moving on with that female trainer or at least having a fling--is her name Rebecca or something like that? I hope Mimi isn't on anymore. That girl is annoying and someone needs to slap the heck out of her.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoobie Doobie;2286191;
    Glad to hear they'll be paying homage to Doug -- he seemed like a nice guy. His calming and intelligent influence will be missed. There are so many idiots on this show -- the smug/smirky young gay guy, the Survivor/Big Brother/or some reality show I don't remember/annoying chick and especially that moron/plug Pealer. Doug's "older guy" presence was much needed. It looks like they're replacing him with another young moron.

I can't believe they're bringing back Mimi. I guess they need the drama. She may be hot but she was so annoying, anyone else would have kicked her to the curb long ago.

I think Jackie's body is totally unhot -- no curves at all. But I'm not a lesbian. Maybe they think she's hot?
    I also thought Doug seemed like a nice guy. I don't think Mimi is hot. To the person who says she looks like a chimp, I agree. I don't like Jackie's body either. The show does say 3% body fat 97% drama, so if Jackie truely has that little body fat that would explain her lack of curves. She could definitely afford to get some more body fat on her.

FORT Regular
    jackie has a great body. she's very toned. not everyone has huge breast and rear. lol i don't and, yet i feel that i have a great bod. if i may say so myself. lol

+ Reply to Thread