+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 64 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192060 ... LastLast

Thread: Workout (Bravo)

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Is it just me, or did everybody in the gym (trainers and clients) wear the necklace while they were there, but they didn't wear them when they were not working?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I've always assumed it was a microphone since I saw the same thing on other shows like starting over I believe. Also it didn't appear that any of them were wired with standard mics. And they didn't appear to be carrying around those mic packs either.

I did notice a mic pack occasionally on Jackie, during the scenes in her home.

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

Workout Season 2

Bravo has picked up a second season of Workout. You can read about it here. I know I'll look forward to this show. Of the last 3 six-ep docudramas (Housewives of OC, Workout & Million Dollar Listing), I've like this one the best because it seemed the least contrived.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2043209;
    Is it just me, or did everybody in the gym (trainers and clients) wear the necklace while they were there, but they didn't wear them when they were not working?
    I thought it was a necklace like a special stone or energy something or another, like maybe she gave it to her staff and clients as a gift. I was wondering where I could get one.

I definitely look forward to another season.

Don't suppose there has been any mention of when the show will air? Sounds like a bunch of us are anxiously awaiting its return!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

That is great news that this show is coming back, hopefully won't have to wait until next summer to watch again...

I saw this story over the weekend. It's too bad. He seemed like a really nice guy. (I think it said in the latest issue of Entertainment Weekly that the cause of death was kidney(?) failure.)

http://news.yahoo.com/s/po/20070125/...ugblasdelldies

TV's "WorkOut" trainer Doug Blasdell dies Wed Jan 24, 7:10 PM ET

SUMMARY: The out trainer in the Bravo reality TV series is rushed to the hospital over the weekend; the cause of death remains undisclosed.

Doug Blasdell, an out gay trainer who appeared on Bravo's reality TV series "Work Out" has died unexpectedly after being rushed to the hospital over the weekend.

Bravo released the following statement Wednesday: "All of us at Bravo are deeply saddened by the terrible news of Doug Blasdell's untimely passing.

"He was an inspiring trainer, an exuberant colleague who made the gym a very fun place each and every day and was extraordinarily warm in all aspects of his life. Our heartfelt sympathy goes out to his many friends and colleagues at this very difficult time."

Blasdell appeared on the July 18, 2006, cover of The Advocate alongside the show's lesbian star, Jackie Warner. Speaking to AfterElton.com around the same time, he talked about how much he enjoyed working on the Bravo show.

"It's a beautiful thing because it really focuses on being gay and the gay community in general," he said. "The people they picked represent our community very well. I mean, there's drama, of course. There is in any community. But the three of us give different examples of what it is to be gay. And none of it is negative."

The Los Angeles native earned a business degree in 1988 at the University of Southern California, according to Bravo. He put himself through college and was the first in his family to graduate, the network said.

No official report has been released on the cause of death. In July, AfterElton reported that Blasdell was 44 years old and single.

He's the one who worked with Jodie, right? That's so sad.

He's the oldest trainer (by 11 years) whom Jackie employed.

+ Reply to Thread