+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: World Series of Pop Culture (VH1)

The Team was Chupacabra - they were the 3 friends (2 girls and a guy) from Georgia. I saw every episode and I did very well if I do say so myself! It was very cool to hear all these questions from "Pop Culture" and be able to answer so many of them!

ETA: here is a pic of the tournament rankings and finale.

Last edited by PGM35; 08-08-2006 at 11:58 AM.

All I know is if someone here hears about them auditioning for the next one, let me know because I am very interested. I did pretty good through the entire show and was actually a little shocked I knew that stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by biggbaddgirl View Post
    All I know is if someone here hears about them auditioning for the next one, let me know because I am very interested. I did pretty good through the entire show and was actually a little shocked I knew that stuff.
    Want To Be On The Show?
    If you are interested in auditioning for future episodes of The World Series of Pop Culture, please e-mail wsopc@embassyrow.com with: 1. Your Name 2. Your Phone Number 3. Your E-mail Address 4. State You Reside In

I am interested! We could have a FORT team!

Thanks for the info.

LG.

Re: World Series of Pop Culture (VH1)

This show is airing again and I love it. I'm such an addict to the pop culture trivia. I loved the tie-breaker challenge where they had to name characters in the pilot episode of Lost.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

Quote Originally Posted by LG.;2469543;
    This show is airing again and I love it. I'm such an addict to the pop culture trivia. I loved the tie-breaker challenge where they had to name characters in the pilot episode of Lost.
    I love it also.

El Chupacabra lost! In the first round, too! But Fragilay was a tough team. And it was a good competition also. It went down with one player letf one each team, and they went all the way to tie breaker #2. It really was one of the most exciting competitions on the history of this show.

I like Fragilay. I also like the new internet team (Almost Perfect Stranger 2.0) and Remo Leen Teen Teen (I hope they win). Well, I pretty much like all the teams that are left, except Twisted Misters. I really don't like them. Oh, and I'm not a fan of Westburg High either. I don't hate them though; I'm pretty much indifferent on them.

lei
    FORT Fogey

I loved this show last season, and I love it this time around too.

I actually do like Twisted Mister but also APS 2.0 and Fragilay, and just the show in general. The host is great.

I do really well in some categories and really badly in others. But it's all fun.

Quote Originally Posted by lei;2473950;
    I loved this show last season, and I love it this time around too.

I actually do like Twisted Mister but also APS 2.0 and Fragilay, and just the show in general. The host is great.

I do really well in some categories and really badly in others. But it's all fun.
    Really? Like that team that went against them said, I find them overly-cocky. Confidence isn't a bad thing. But with them, it annoys me.

I also really like Team Motherboy. I could barely understand the woman losing her voice, but hey, she got the answers right!

Oh, and I'm right there with you lei. There are those categories where I can answer every single question! Then there are those where I'm just clueless, and I'm amazed at how these people can answer them correctly.

lei
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by CrossingGuard;2473963;
    Really? Like that team that went against them said, I find them overly-cocky. Confidence isn't a bad thing. But with them, it annoys me.
    Yeah they do have that going on. But I like the geek/rocker blend.

I also really like Team Motherboy. I could barely understand the woman losing her voice, but hey, she got the answers right!
    And very sultrily, too. (Wow, I didn't get spell-checked on that so I guess it's actually a word! )

Oh, and I'm right there with you lei. There are those categories where I can answer every single question! Then there are those where I'm just clueless, and I'm amazed at how these people can answer them correctly.
    Oh I'm glad others are enjoying this show too!

I also like that the interviewers are from one of last year's teams, rather than some plastic spokesmodels. If I recall, last year they had a kinda plus-size lady, which was refreshing, too.

Quote Originally Posted by lei;2474140;
    And very sultrily, too. (Wow, I didn't get spell-checked on that so I guess it's actually a word! )
    Who knew "sultrily" was a word?

Quote Originally Posted by lei;2474140;
    Oh I'm glad others are enjoying this show too!

I also like that the interviewers are from one of last year's teams, rather than some plastic spokesmodels. If I recall, last year they had a kinda plus-size lady, which was refreshing, too.
    It's awesome, I can't take my eyes away from it.

I also like that Cheetara is questioning the teams instead of that lady. I had no problem with that lady (as you can tell, I don't remember her name ), but I really liked Cheetara last season. They had me cracking up! But I would suspect that since they are stand-up comics, if I'm remembering correctly.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast