+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Solitary - Fox Reality

Solitary - Fox Reality

Solitary, a new series coming to Fox Reality, is an intense and entertaining psychological experiment without votes or finish lines. In this show the only way to lose is to quit and the only way to triumph is to endure. Subjects will be pushed to their mental and physical limits while dealing with the primal and universal fear of being isolated.

The show puts a twist on the traditional methods of reality show elimination. In contrast to the way in which players vote each other off reality shows, or get eliminated by an authority figure, it is up to each individual in “Solitary” to decide if they will endure or quit. Getting out is as simple as hitting the Panic Button, but the winner will be the individual who can conquer his or her fear the longest.

Contestants never meet one another. The only company available to players in confinement is the voice of their omniscient “friend” Val. Val is an ally, confidant, taskmaster . . . and possibly their worst nightmare.

The octagonal shaped pods, which the contestants call home, aren’t much larger than half the size of a pitcher’s mound. Everything in their pod is controlled for them – light, sound, temperature, food and more. Because the bed in each room slides in and out from a slot in the wall, the floor becomes fair game for sleep-deprived players during their lull time.

Anyone watching this?

I happened to catch the first show. It's very interesting in a train wreck sort of way. You just can't look away. But the whole time I"m wondering if they can actually do those things to people. I can't imagine the permission slips those people had to sign.

I haven't heard of it or seen any promos for it. I'll try to catch the next episode to see what it's all about.

I just watched the first episode and it's terrible although I must say, it's a competition I would probably personally excel in.

FORT Newbie
    I have watched all the shows so far and i think it will definately be the oriental guy who wins , he is the one who has seemed to make it through more than anyone else, only one episode left i think so it will be interesting

Re: Solitary - Fox Reality

I found Solitary on repeats once our cable company finally picked up Fox Reality and was instantly hooked.....this past week Solitary 2.0 started and my addiction has begun again. Same game with 9 players and Val, but it seems like the tests are going to be much more intense this time around. This season also has a reality tie in with Survivor's JP as #9...he's determined to outlast since nobody on here can vote him out but himself.

Just saw this. I have to admit, its pretty extreme and freaky. And not necessarily in a bad way.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

"On your feet, humans!"

You have to love that.

I've missed a few episodes, but am watching episodes 7 and 8 now.

Anyway, its funny that we refer to Big Brother contestants as "hamsters". Now THESE people are hamsters.

Wow. This stuff is EXTREME. Remember that long ago FOX show where they put people into a torture chamber? Yeah, it's like that level of pain--maybe worse. The final task of the final episode is just indescribably brutal.

Click to see Spoiler:

I loved #3. She had a very irreverent fun gung-ho attitude. It's a shame she miscalculated in that block stacking round in Episode 7.

Not sure I like either player #7 or #8 enough to care if they win.

Its interesting how certain players have automatic advantages/disadvantages in certain tests/treatments. Some are inherent, like the fact that #7 sucked at puzzles, and some subtle but important, like the fact that #8 had long hair that helped cushion his head from the chains in the parts 1 and 2 of the final "bed of chains" treatment.

Basically, the bed of chains was three chains they had to suspend themselves from, face up, with no cushion for LONG periods of time. Until the final, where they removed the middle chain and took away the time limit too. The first two rounds, with 3 chains was about balance and the pain of the middle chain cutting into their backs (without shirts after the first round). The final round, with two chains, was literally a contest in exhaustion, since they weren't allowed to close their hands, and it was all about balancing their weight on their forearms and knees, while the chain dug and dug and their muscles started to collapse. A lot of the earlier contests had HUGE mental components, but this one was literally endurance of the most literal kind.

When #8 slipped and came SO close to falling off the chains, I just KNEW he was going to win it.

What's SO brutal, even beyond the task itself, is that in that final torturous endeavor they made #8 continue until he broke even though #7 already HAD.

But eventually #8, nipple ring lad, won. With all that extra punishment, of course.

And the final twist?

Oh. My. God.

I know the winner signed a contract saying they had to do whatever the show wanted, but... I was speechless. For me, this takes the record for twists, mostly because of what the winner had just gone through.

What happened?

Click to see Spoiler:

Our winner, #8, after weeks of isolation and brutal challenges, bruised and close to broken, was told that he won Solitary 2.0 and the $50,000. Then he was told that as a "reward" he wasn't leaving--he was staying indefinitely. For Solitary 3.0. Seemingly with no down time.

Evil Val even shut the light out on him and left him sitting there screaming in the dark.

Freaking BRUTAL. And yet incredibly satisfying to watch in a really sick way.
    Last edited by Krom; 10-02-2007 at 07:08 AM.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

FORT Regular

i just watched some of the episodes and wished I saw all of them. didnt expect him to win, but glad he did. this is an awesome show, i wanna be a contestant for 3.0. wonder when theyre doing the casting.

MrC and I were disappointed by the outcome as we really wanted 3 or 7 to win. But it was an enjoyable in a freaky way to watch. The 'Union' Show last night was really good too. Todd Newton is such a good host, quick witted for sure and seeing all the contestants meet for the first time was fun to watch.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast