+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Solitary - Fox Reality

Re: Solitary - Fox Reality

I, too, wanted 3 or 7 to win. Phu was my last choice. I just love this show! I just discovered it on Fox Reality a few months ago.
    You know how alcohol makes people let down their prohibitions Ms Rap Supreme on VH1

I came across the show a few weeks ago and instantly became hooked. I waited until they showed a block of the episodes to catch up. I had a feeling that #7 or #8 would win from the very first time I saw the show. It was very entertaining.

Time for a bump, because apparently Solitary 3.0 is just WEEKS away from airing. Actually... a week and a half or so.

Fox Flash

SOLITARY v3.0: Fox Reality Channel's twisted original series Solitary v3.0 returns for its most controversial season yet. Nine new subjects - exhausted, drained and determined to stay. How far will they go to be the last one alone? Solitary v3.0 - You only have yourself to blame. Premieres Saturday, January 17at 9p/8c only on Fox Reality Channel.
    I know Fox Reality channel generally sucks, but Solitary is the one gem they have. A viscous, cruel show, but in a much more watchable way than many of the regular FOX's reality shows (like "Moment of Truth", which makes me want to barf). Solitary is about mind games and endurance, willpower over body, so to speak, so its much more fun that crappy shows about taunting people with dirty secrets.

Also, there's info on the cast at that link above.

And here's the latest press release:

Fox Flash

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
    December 03, 2008

FOX REALITY CHANNEL’S TWISTED ORIGINAL SERIES “SOLITARY v3.0” RETURNS FOR ITS MOST CONTROVERSIAL SEASON YET

Third Season of Fox Reality Channel’s Popular Original Series Stuns Contestants By Pairing Them Together In Isolation as They Face Torturous New Treatments, Premiering Saturday, January 17 At 9p/8c

LOS ANGELES, CA – Spending time in solitary…with someone else? It might sound like a contradiction, but that’s just what’s happening on Fox Reality Channel, the only all-reality, all-the-time cable network during the new season of “Solitary v3.0,” premiering Saturday, January 17 at 9p/8c. The controversial hit reality competition pushes the boundaries with new twists and turns guaranteed to test the contestants’ endurance to the brink of psychological and physical collapse.

“Solitary v3.0” brings a huge, new twist, as blindfolded subjects are shocked to find that they will initially be sharing their small pod with another contestant. Will they be friend or foe? Subjects will only be reassigned to their own pods once a grueling challenge has been completed and they have earned the right to be there.

As with the first two seasons, the premise of “Solitary v3.0” is simple: the last person to leave their “pod” –small, barren and completely isolated – wins bragging rights and $50,000. Along with performing grueling activities presented by their omnipresent digital taskmaster, Val, contestants also known as “subjects” have their names replaced by numbers. These nine individuals are subjected to sleep deprivation, extreme temperatures and other forms of environmental stress meant to “break” them, thus causing them to leave their pod and lose the competition.

“We wanted to make sure that our contestants weren’t getting too comfortable with the format after having watched the first two seasons of the show,” said Andrew Golder, producer and co-creator of ‘Solitary v3.0.’ “Throwing complete strangers together in a pod adds a wild card into the equation, and also makes the sense of isolation even stronger once players are truly placed in solitary.”

This season, “Solitary v3.0” will give viewers even more with exciting online content, including over 50 videos on foxreality.com. Videos will give users an opportunity to view special footage, which will not be seen on-air, and experience their own "virtual pod". In addition, users get up close and personal with the subjects, learning about their hidden talents and their true feelings. All of this bonus content will be available on the special “Solitary v3.0” website, starting in mid-December.

“The ‘Solitary’ franchise has been a huge hit for us because it introduces a unique,
    psychologically challenging element into reality competitions,” said Bob Boden, SVP Programming, Production and Development, Fox Reality Channel. “People often think they can withstand mental and physical challenges, but this shows puts that theory to the test. There are no alliances, no politics and no immunity, just a true test of mental and physical toughness. And in today’s economy, perhaps for many, the stakes are even higher.”

“Solitary v3.0” is executive produced and co-created by Emmy Award-winning producer Andrew Golder (Identity, World Series of Blackjack, Win Ben Stein’s Money) and Lincoln Hiatt (Unan1mous).
    And here's the Solitary 3.0 website, which doesn't seem to have the "exciting online content" they promised for mid-December up yet here in January, but you can see the placeholders for it, under the "Podcam Videos" menu choice.

Solitary v3.0 | A Fox Reality Channel Original
    Last edited by Krom; 01-06-2009 at 12:12 AM.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

I'm so glad there's another season. I really enjoyed both of the other seasons. I do hope they have a different computer voice this time though.
    Yup, with donuts!!

MrCoz will be thrilled. He loves this show. I'll have to make sure the dvr is set to record it.

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;3266408;
    I'm so glad there's another season. I really enjoyed both of the other seasons. I do hope they have a different computer voice this time though.
    I'm curious why.

I mean I think the voice they have for "Val" is very effective. JUST the right amount of creepy, malice, puzzlement, amusement, and yet also with odd moments of concern.

UPDATE: It IS the same Val. How do I know? Commercials.

This dude appears to be a cast member: RobRob | MySpace.com
    If you go to his "Videos" section, he's posted all of the commercials for the show. And clearly its the same Val voice in them.
    Last edited by Krom; 01-06-2009 at 05:25 PM.

First third of Season 3, Episode 1 is up now on Hulu.com

I honestly don't recall if we're allowed to link to Hulu (its legal content though), so I won't post a direct link to the preview, but you can go there and find it easily enough.

FORT Regular

The show premiered last week and it was ok. No one really stood out for me.

I'm going to have to watch online. I completely forgot this show was starting!
    Yup, with donuts!!

The magician and the oldest contestant who built himself a pod at home were the stand outs to me.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast