+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 42 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: The Janice Dickinson Modeling Agency

aga
    FORTified

The Janice Dickinson Modeling Agency

The Janice Dickinson Modeling Agency premieres on Tuesday, June 6 at 10:00 PM ET on the Oxygen Network.

Oxygens new show follows Janice as she opens up her own modeling agency, putting her 30 years of fashion business experience to the test. She is determined to hand-pick the best new talent, photograph them herself and make the industry sit up and take notice. And on top of this, she has to balance the challenges of being a single mom and staying fabulous at 50. Unlike many "reality" shows, there are no fake contests or contrived situations. Its a real business with real financial, personal and professional stakes for Janice. And she is one woman who is completely unafraid of letting her real personality show when the cameras are rolling. A personality that is fearless, wickedly funny, honest and real.

Source: http://www.oxygen.com/janice/about.aspx
    "We all know that we're going to get beat tonight." - Melrose (ANTM Cycle 7) when Monique gets eliminated from the CoverGirl / Queen Latifah challenge.

"Hi pretty lady...and Tyra." - Heather (ANTM Cycle 9)

I don't get the oxygen network. But I'm sure it will be interesting as Janice is not one to be upstaged by Tyra. I'm sure about that! She'll have some interesting picks and I'm sure the Her Truth will not be spared to any of the contestants. You've got to be gutsy to go head-to-head with Janice. For sure.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

This show sounds interesting, if only just to see how Janice "works it." Also, I'm curious to see how "over the top" she might be, although a little bit of "Janice" can go a long way.

I'll probably check it out during its rebroadcast slot(s). The show's episode premiere time slot poses a conflict with "Rescue Me" on Tuesday nights. And, for me, "Rescue Me" comes first

Debra

I seen a preveiw for tha show
    On my comcast cable on demand
    it I can't wait till it comes on
    she was telling this one girl she needs a nose job if she wants to be a model
    (SO FUNNY)

What's up with TiVo? I still cannot find this title in my TiVo searches.

Looking forward to this show. I like Janice. Go Janice!

Meanwhile, Omarrrrosa - is getting breast implants!

on the Oxygen web page, ck out Diva 101. Janice is asked if any favorite models are overrated. she replies yes, Tyra Banks and Heidi Klum. Interesting. Should be tell the self-proclaimed 1st Super Model that she wouldn't have had her show with Oxygen if she hadn't first been on ANTM?
    DevilTwin
    Trekker and Geocacher

God Janice could you BE any ruder to Tyra? And Heidi, for that matter.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilTwin View Post
    on the Oxygen web page, ck out Diva 101. Janice is asked if any favorite models are overrated. she replies yes, Tyra Banks and Heidi Klum. Interesting. Should be tell the self-proclaimed 1st Super Model that she wouldn't have had her show with Oxygen if she hadn't first been on ANTM?
    Mmmm... It sounds to me like Janice (or whoever is speaking for her, publicity-wise) is talkin' smack here, AKA "trash-talking", "sellin' 'woof' tickets", what have you, in the spirit of competition, and, hopefully, an "edge" WRT positioning for the genre that has been determined for her show, i.e., those about modelling.

To me, it seems as if Janice's new show is/was conceived/"pitched", at least, in part, as an "I can pick out better, more "Top Model"/runway talent than they can on my own"-type of concept. I picked up on it, from some of the other promo stuff I saw in the section for Janice's show on the Oxygen website, as well as some of the stuff that Janice, herself, has said/implied in interviews given, after her stint as a regular on ANTM.

So, I would expect Janice (or this representation of her, with this show) to "call out" Tyra and/or Heidi, in this instance, as "overrated", since not only does she, this "Bride of Frankenstein"-type of a woman at the age of ~50, call herself as "The World's First Supermodel" (which is debatable, and delusional, on her part...), but, also, Tyra and Heidi just happen to be the principals behind ANTM and Project Runway, respectively. And, guess what? Tyra and Heidi's shows just happen to be, seemingly, the competition to beat, with Janice's new show. What a coincidence, eh?...

If all were fair and truly real in terms of these "reality" shows on TV, then I would be outraged, and say that, yes, Janice should, at least, thank Tyra for her stint on ANTM, without which I, too, think she (Janice) wouldn't have had the leverage to gain her own show on Oxygen. Hey, I didn't know who the hell Janice was, until her self-proclaimed "First Supermodel" status was played up on ANTM.

But, as I've seen/learned, all is not fair and the "gloves come off", so to speak, when it comes to this on-air competition surrounding "reality" TV shows in a certain genre. And, Janice and the development/promotion of her own, new show provide a prime example. Recognition/ratings/exposure/money - that's what it's all about here, in this game.

Yeah, I'll check out Janice's show, mainly out of curiosity, and, most often, just to see if I can tell what is fake and what is real about her own persona. The latter comment refers to my main fascination with Janice, at this point, and strictly on an objective basis.

That's it for now. I'll wait and see what the freshman season has to offer. I leave you all with one great gem of an old(er) saying: Money talks, but BS walks As I think it applies, in this instance, Janice had better "bring it" - put up or shut up - with her new show. Otherwise, many folks might see the BS a mile away, close their eyes/ears, and "walk away", i.e., turning their channels.

Later...

Cat
    Last edited by catwoman1955; 06-03-2006 at 02:24 AM.

aga
    FORTified
    Janice is very talented as a photographer and a model scout and mentor. She can also be self-destructive and mean-spirited. I hope that this show focuses more on the former rather than the latter.
    "We all know that we're going to get beat tonight." - Melrose (ANTM Cycle 7) when Monique gets eliminated from the CoverGirl / Queen Latifah challenge.

"Hi pretty lady...and Tyra." - Heather (ANTM Cycle 9)

FORT Fogey
    Couldn't agree with you more, Catwoman. And same, Aga.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 42 1234567891011 ... LastLast