+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 42 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: The Janice Dickinson Modeling Agency

Just being observent but are more than half of the guys gay?
    "Ann and Eva... That was just gay!" ~ Toccara

Quote Originally Posted by Stars View Post
    I just remembered a funny as hell thing! On her Diva 101, Janice said that she wanted American girls, no Brazilian girls, no African girls, just american(not restricted to just white girls, however, jus girls from the states). But, she picked Nyabel as one of her initial five mainly because she was from Africa.
    Do you mean this one?
    To put American models back on the covers of the magazines where they belong. I'm tired of seeing the Brazilians and the Russians and the Scandos, just you know, cutting in and taking over just because it's flavor of the month. It's about time that African-American, Asians, and women of all colors and nationalities represent. We all live in America.
    I think she means that she want any race that live in America. Maybe I'm wrong.

OH! NOW I KNOW WHO NYABEL LOOKS LIKE!

Nyabel= The poor mans Alek Wek.

downloads available???

I don't get Oxygen but this show looks fascinating. Is Oxygen providing downloads?? Does anyone know??? Thks.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

From Model Chrisanne

Hey everyone,
    I've really enjoyed reading all of your posts online (good & bad criticism). I want you all to know that there is a great deal more to each of these models than this show is allowing the audience to see. Unfortunately, the show has become the Janice Dickinson Show and I believe this was a very bad move by Oxygen as it is critical that there be more to it than just one personality. I hope you all get a chance to look us up on myspace. My website is under the name dmplzdance and several of the other models are my friends. There are truly legit models on the show and don't believe what the show says just because the show says it...for example, many of us have actually been modeling for quite some time. Please jump online and let me know what you think-I'm always open to hear anything. Please keep an open mind about all of us-I truly hope that they show more of the intelligent and talented models that I have had the pleasure to work with. Blessings- Chrisanne (a.k.a the model in the pink sweater in Episode 2)

FORT Fogey
    chrisanne

We are only 3 episodes in and I wrongly assumed that once the agency was formed we would see more of the models and how an agency works. I see, now, that this show is clearly about Janice and I guess it is going to stay that way. I was expecting more emphasis on the models and their personalities.

I didn't save episode 2 on my Tivo. What are you wearing in episode 4?

I think Theresa Cutie's explanation for the no-show was lame. It was clearly because she lazed out of showing up that day. We've all been there... gotten in over our heads, etc. Remember she did not actually audition for Janice but Janice pulled her off the street. I'll place bets she was on the street in the first place because she hates being told what to do or where to be.

So maybe she was flattered by the attention but really did not want to be ambitious or make any changes in her life. She may have a good body type for modeling but hey, a lot of people do (well, they're not THAT rare). I think Janice gave her way too much credit when she first spotted her. Janice went to New York and was 'homeless' because she was burning to make a dream come true. She had passion. There is no indication of that in Theresa... just someone who wanted Janice to take care of her a while.

Not showing up to keep her end of the deal, with Janice, shows a lack of integrity. Then she had the gall to be bitchy about it too; and not only that but imply Janice is a bitch. All Janice did was try to help her. But apparently it was not on enough of a cushy silver platter for Theresa's taste.

They should have edited the clips together, where Theresa said "I might want to do that (get a nose job), I don't like my nose anyway" with her flouncing into Janice's agency later saying "I didn't know if you were going to force me to have the operation on the spot, or what" etc. The first clip, even Janice said she's not sure; and this is only a consultation. The second clip, Theresa acts like Janice was going to force her to have her nose cut off, and it would've happened the minute Theresa showed up.

It was all a bunch of BS, Theresa bailed because she just wants things handed to her. I think she may have mood swings, as well. She nearly seemed paranoid in Janice's agency that second time. Total difference from earlier on. She was hostile and demanding things. She's a total beginner, she should be happy just to get a chance. Not expecting an apartment, and jobs thrown at her. All for standing on a street corner with green hair?

Maybe Janice wishes someone would've done all that for HER in her own early days. But Theresa is no Janice.

chrisanne - Sorry I don't remember you... If you wish us to see your myspace blog, why not post a link?
    Last edited by Brandy; 06-18-2006 at 08:38 PM.

Here she is, Chrisanne, the walker.

She looks really pretty! Based on her myspace photos, she looks nice in film.

WOOH. Was it Chris? I think is his name, representing VIRGINIA! Falls Church, VA is where he lives and that's like 20 minutes away from here.

Hey Chrisanne, welcome. I hope you post more!
    Last edited by Jill-iyan; 06-19-2006 at 02:04 AM.
    avatar by: Pinstruck, thank you! <3

No offense Chrissanne, but the only reason most people would tune into this modeling show on Oxygen is to see what Janice Dickinson is up to. I know that's the only reason I'm watching it. It doesn't matter how good looking or talented the models are, they're all nobodies. Kind of along the same lines, I wouldn't watch ANTM on UPN if Tyra weren't the host.

That said, I love the show! I'm not going to try to compare it to any other modeling show because it follows a different premise. Janice is hilarious and the entire process is entertaining to watch. I'll certainly watch all season.

+ Reply to Thread