+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 42 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: The Janice Dickinson Modeling Agency

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessa View Post
    remember that brunette 19 year old girl who got chosen? I thought she was charming and she has that Nicole Linkletter factor... BUT THEN if you go to the website above, she got a nasty haircut!!! and she's now blond!!! not a good look anymore
    I know! Yuck!

aga
    FORTified
    Filtered lens aside, Janice has been looking good these days. Perhaps she requested that her latest plastic surgery make her look like an older version of young Janice, versus retooling her to make her look more anglo.

She also is more tanned. I am not a fan of the current tanning craze, but it works for Janice.

Quote Originally Posted by provenceguy View Post
    Didn't Janice's daughter look young-ish for 12?
    Maybe the coffee she was drinking stunted her growth (just kidding).
    Last edited by aga; 06-13-2006 at 10:33 AM.
    "We all know that we're going to get beat tonight." - Melrose (ANTM Cycle 7) when Monique gets eliminated from the CoverGirl / Queen Latifah challenge.

"Hi pretty lady...and Tyra." - Heather (ANTM Cycle 9)

The show is okay, not great. I prefer 8th and Ocean over this.
    Nyabel or whatever her name is actually DOES look good. But she's fat, really fat. I like Janice as a mother, not as an actual person.

Quote Originally Posted by Coconut Oil View Post
    The show is okay, not great. I prefer 8th and Ocean over this.
    Nyabel or whatever her name is actually DOES look good. But she's fat, really fat. I like Janice as a mother, not as an actual person.
    i dont know if you can really compare "8th and Ocean" to this show because JD is more of her begining her own compant rather than Ocean where they follow models on shoots and their daily activity. But i like Ocean better than JD, but find JD more entertaining.

☆ Janie Queen of BB cottoncandy's Avatar
    Some of the camera filtering was really strange. Not only was it soft-focus on her, but then it almost looked like it was then sharpened on top of that a bit. As if to blur the imperfections, and the sharpen it back to normal. Only it didn't look normal, because the depth was all screwed up. I'll have to watch it again to see if I'm crazy or if it still looks like that.

aga
    FORTified
    Random Thoughts:

I think all of the parties - Janice, Peter and the models knew what they were getting into being part of a reality show, so weighing, measuring and critiquing them in front of the cameras come with reality TV territory.

Peter pretty much had to come in and clean up Janice's mess. Janice messed up in her initial selection process. It does not make good business sense for a start up agency to select models who could not have been sent out for jobs right away (or was at least they should have been 90% ready, and the work needed was in the areas of personal polish, e.g., charm school type stuff); not models who needed to undergo significant physical transformation. At this stage of the game, Janice cannot afford to make "investments" that will take months before any type of benefit will be realized, if at all. I agree with Janice's hairdresser, she is just a sucker for a good story; which is by the way a criticism that is often made against Tyra, and many assumed that Janice would be the anti-Tyra.

You can't tell me that in LA-LA Land you couldn't find some tall, skinny types in need of representation. The more I think of it, perhaps she should have selected that older chick, because she looks like she may have come in the door with her own network and reputation, and thus could have generated money right away.

Also, I assumed that Teresa's homelessness was more crashing on friends' couches than sleeping outdoors or in shelters. Did the show specify one way or another? While not showing up for the appointment was inexcusable, I too had the impression that Janice was going to assist Teresa in getting on her feet in some way.

To me, the model that was really mistreated was Sorin, who had to gratuitously get buck naked, and that was all Janice's doing.
    Last edited by aga; 06-14-2006 at 02:19 PM.
    "We all know that we're going to get beat tonight." - Melrose (ANTM Cycle 7) when Monique gets eliminated from the CoverGirl / Queen Latifah challenge.

"Hi pretty lady...and Tyra." - Heather (ANTM Cycle 9)

I just remembered a funny as hell thing! On her Diva 101, Janice said that she wanted American girls, no Brazilian girls, no African girls, just american(not restricted to just white girls, however, jus girls from the states). But, she picked Nyabel as one of her initial five mainly because she was from Africa.

You can tell from this picture from Tony's MySpace that he lost all of the weight they told him to. Nyabel and the blonde girl on the far right, though, look the same.

Thanks for the links, Coco!
    Go Tigers!

+ Reply to Thread