+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 42 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: The Janice Dickinson Modeling Agency

FORT Fogey
    Thanks, hepcat.

Brandy, I did have that thought. Since she got a little cocky about the magazine covers some doubt crept in. She probably heard about the show and wanted to get some exposure so approached the producers.

Quote Originally Posted by snooky View Post
    [nudity --] I thought it was kind of skanky of her, and completely unnecessary. I call foul—it was a ratings stunt, or Janice has unrealistic expectations of her models doing international work right out of the gate.

And her signing that one girl, then telling her she'll have to have her nose fixed--um, maybe the girl doesn't want a nose job? And who's paying for it?

Finally, the models do seem old--she should be recruiting at high schools and malls.
    Those all seem like ways for her to distinguish her show from ANTM. Maybe she had strong opinions about the ANTM girls who refused to do certain shoots etc. and wanted to make sure her models wouldn't give her that kind of grief. And the mall idea is too like ANTM. Maybe she didn't agree with how that show always ousts the "older" contestants.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandy View Post
    It's fairly fun... about what you'd expect from Janice on Tv.

I didn't even notice that there was a 3 month lapse between Ep 1 and 2. Maybe it had to do with finding her backer? I do recall a time when she was talking about the show, but it never seemed to appear anywhere. There didn't seem to be an air date set, for the longest time. Maybe she had shot the pilot and was shopping it around for a long time.

Somebody funded that studio though and did a good job. A huge office/studio at Hollywood and Highland?? NOT cheap.
    Yup. It makes you wonder if she is serious about "becoming a businesswoman" or if this is all funded and scripted by the reality TV producers.

... did anyone hate the triplets as much as I did? All that smirking and eyerolling. I was totally on Janice's side in that exchange, which is probably why they put it in the show.

Didn't Janice's daughter look young-ish for 12?

I LOVE THIS SHOW!!!!

Janice rocks!!!

I do not know what to think yet cause I've only seen the first episode, but that Chris Jones guy is cuuuute!

I like the Sudanese girl too, she's so fresh-looking and unique

FORT Fogey
    Wow, I only saw the first episode....what happened in the second? Was Teresa fired? I saw a little clip of it (she looked like Pat Benatar, lol)....

I think she was supposed to go to some doctor's appointment but she decided to not go (which is fine) BUT she didnt inform Janice beforehand so she just kinda stood her up (which is NOT fine)

that's too bad though because that girl is beautiful

Yeh, I think Teresa would make a good heroin-chic type of model, like for Calvin Klein. With her nose just as it is. There's a market for more realistic looking models, I think. And she does have the right body type.

I didn't think Janice's daughter seemed too young for 12. But then that's what 12 yr olds used to look like, when I was 12 Still kids. Maybe today they look more like adults, I don't know. We didn't used to wear makeup until high school. Well, most didn't.

I thought Chris Jones was the most marketable as-is of them all - and what happened to the rockstar looking guy with the huge silver cross around his neck? He would fit right in a couture ad... Versace, maybe. Where did he go?

Oh the triplets! I forgot to talk about those... YES they were sooo annoying. I am surprised they lasted as long as they did. I also thought Janice's son should not have gone to talk to them. Janice was acting like their boss; they were terrible and THEY said THEY didn't want to go do the computer stuff or whatever. So Janice just said Fine GO. There is nothing wrong with that.

Then their slouching, gum chomping, jeans, sloppy appearance, and so forth. I would not have hired them in the first place. If a person can't meet your eyes, can't sit up straight, can't NOT show up with gum, or jeans, can't speak well, can't listen when you speak... forget it. They will be an uphill battle. I get the feeilng the producers said "Hey a gimmick Janice... you can say you hired one per mood swing!" And Janice went "hey yeh OK that's funny" and tried it. Glad to see the back of those three though. What a way to treat an opportunity. But then I have seen others who think they should be paid for talking and giggling and playing online. Just for showing up in other words. *shudder*
    Last edited by Brandy; 06-12-2006 at 05:57 PM.

Yeh, I think Teresa would make a good heroin-chic type of model, like for Calvin Klein. With her nose just as it is. There's a market for more realistic looking models, I think. And she does have the right body type.

I didn't think Janice's daughter seemed too young for 12. But then that's what 12 yr olds used to look like, when I was 12 Still kids. Maybe today they look more like adults, I don't know. We didn't used to wear makeup until high school. Well, most didn't.
    You mean today they look more like hos. Also they "develop" faster because of all the growth hormones in food. Maybe Janice feeds her daughter healthy organic stuff instead. Food additives like trans fats and high fructose corn syrup also make kids fat, which might make them look "older," idk.

I did not think the nose comment was out of line. I think Janice has real expertise, and she is trying to share it with these people with an eye toward their success. They should be grateful for her valuable advice. As for whoever had posted the question of how the "homeless" girl could afford a nose job, just look at her teeth. She appears to have "run away" from a family that could afford to buy her expensive dental work, bleaching, whatever.

Btw, you know I agree with you about the triplets. Janice's response made her look like a saint compared to the choice words I would have for "employees" like that. Which was probably part of the show, to indicate Janice's good judgement. Then I think the producers sent her son out for that stupid talk to that fake-crying, snotty fat triplet to pander to the part of the audience who might identify with them, thus hedging their bets.
    Last edited by Harvest; 06-12-2006 at 06:26 PM.

FORT Fogey
    Were the triplets the same who auditioned for AI season before this last one?

and what happened to the rockstar looking guy with the huge silver cross around his neck? He would fit right in a couture ad... Versace, maybe. Where did he go?
    I was rooting for him too!
    if Chris Jones is cute then that guy is H-O-T!
    too bad he didnt make it

Disney boy with the rug over his shoulder was very Abercrombie, but he looks too common I guess... the Pastor was kinda nice too, wish he'd dropped his pants, hee hee

oh well, there will be more guys next week

the models are listed here:
    http://www.oxygen.com/janice/meetModels.aspx

remember that brunette 19 year old girl who got chosen? I thought she was charming and she has that Nicole Linkletter factor... BUT THEN if you go to the website above, she got a nasty haircut!!! and she's now blond!!! not a good look anymore

+ Reply to Thread