+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 42 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: The Janice Dickinson Modeling Agency

Quote Originally Posted by hepcat View Post
    Just to clarify - we only make forums for shows we're recapping. This show has a limited audience, seeing as it's on Oxygen.

Hee-hee. I liked that one

About the soft lens: Yes, I noticed it. Wow, it's so overdone! And she doesn't need it, as she's often filmed in daylight or strong indoor lighting and looks just fine. BETTER in fact.

Remember SCTV when they'd interview "Dinah Shore" or on SNL when "Baba Wawa" would interview someone, I think it was... and you could barely see the person due to the gel on the lens? haha....

Not actual gel, I know. But in the early days of film they really would smear Vaseline on the camera lens to be kinder to the older actors/actresses they were filming. hee

Methinks the crew is having a snark at her.

aga
    FORTified
    Quote Originally Posted by misssile View Post
    Lastly, anyone else notice how Janice is being filmed through a mist filter so her wrinkles and/or blemishes don't show up as much? It's so obvious that it's cracking me up. This whole show is full of material for SNL.
    I cracked up when I noticed this. In one scene the pictures were sharp, then switch to Janice's confessionals and the pictures became less focused.
    "We all know that we're going to get beat tonight." - Melrose (ANTM Cycle 7) when Monique gets eliminated from the CoverGirl / Queen Latifah challenge.

"Hi pretty lady...and Tyra." - Heather (ANTM Cycle 9)

aga
    FORTified
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowflakeGirl View Post
    I'm going to have to search for the reruns of this, and I'll come back to comment on it after I've seen it.
    FYI...
    June 9 - 7:00 p.m.
    June 10 - 4:00 p.m. & 10:00 p.m.
    June 11 - 1:00 p.m.
    June 13 - 2:00 p.m.
    "We all know that we're going to get beat tonight." - Melrose (ANTM Cycle 7) when Monique gets eliminated from the CoverGirl / Queen Latifah challenge.

"Hi pretty lady...and Tyra." - Heather (ANTM Cycle 9)

This is my punk face ;) NiteElfGen's Avatar
    The blur lens made my eyes water.

Did anyone find it gross when they were giving her botox. It look like she had a bunch of oversized zits.

Yes. I was just grateful it was a quick shot (er, no pun).

No one really knows what all these Botox injections will do to people down the line. Scary stuff. Injecting poison into muscles on purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by aga View Post
    FYI...
    June 9 - 7:00 p.m.
    June 10 - 4:00 p.m. & 10:00 p.m.
    June 11 - 1:00 p.m.
    June 13 - 2:00 p.m.
    Thanks, Aga! That was so nice of you.

I am watching the second half of today's showing right now, but it looks like I have several other opportunities to catch the first half again later.

You guys are right, the soft focus on Janice Dickinson's close-ups are ridonculous! At first I thought I needed to clean my glasses. Then I realized...I'm not wearing glasses!

I have to say, this show looks cheaper than season one of ANTM, back when they did judging ceremonies out of what looked like a refrigerator box! I like the models I've seen so far, though.
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

I'm not sure why she demanded guys get naked at an audition - to me that was odd. She didn't use the pix for a magazine or anything... so what was that?
    I thought it was kind of skanky of her, and completely unnecessary. I call foul—it was a ratings stunt, or Janice has unrealistic expectations of her models doing international work right out of the gate.

Has anyone here watched 8th and Ocean? It’s a reality show on MTV built around an already existing, real modeling agency, with professional models, in the Miami area. None of them had to get naked. One fairly new girl (new to the agency; not to modeling) had to remove her bra for a shoot, but held the slaps of her shirt so that nothing could be seen by the photogs, who were VERY kind and respectful of her. Not like Janice shrieking “Take off your clothes!” And these were also shoots to build the model’s portfolio, so that the girl could show that she could do edgy high fashion. If, by chance, one of JD's models had the opportunity to go international some day down the road, and it seemed necessary, THEN the model could do nude shoots. Getting completely naked isn't required for Janice to assess their bodies--they could wear swimsuits and she could see the flaws in their figures.

I also didn't like how she kept saying that one male model's girlfriend was jealous--there was no video to support that. Sure, she was uncomfortable seeing some strange girl told to press her boobs on his back, but JD was trying to manufacture drama where there was none.

I also am not impressed by the people she’s chosen, for the most part, though it will be interesting so see if they can develop. And what were the first five doing in the three-month interim? Practicing? Nothing? Waiting to see if the show got picked up? Waiting tables, more like.

And her signing that one girl, then telling her she'll have to have her nose fixed--um, maybe the girl doesn't want a nose job? And who's paying for it?

Finally, the models do seem old--she should be recruiting at high schools and malls.

I feel ambivalent towards ol' Janice, but whether I am loving or hating her behavior, I'm seldom bored by it. I'm going to have to search for the reruns of this, and I'll come back to comment on it after I've seen it.
    Me, too. She makes me angry, how she treats people. She's the very definition of the B-word. But at the same time, I’m rooting for her to succeed, bizarrely so. Mostly because I care about the models and want to see how they grow and develop. I love the concept of the show. (JD does have a nice son, though).

I thought the 3-month break in between the first and second episodes was odd—perhaps she had to do a “pilot” and wait for it to get picked up to be able to afford to keep taping? She didn’t live as upscale a life as I would have thought, either. I guess times are tough for aging “first-supermodel-evers.”
    Last edited by snooky; 06-10-2006 at 06:09 PM.

I'm finally watching this right now, and wondered why the heck it was so blurry. I kept blinking! Nice to know it's not my eyes.

That Ian guy she picked in the first five is quite cute.
    Always looking for cat treats!

Breathe out, so I can breathe you in...

I don't get the channel Sounds like a fun show.
    "Walking on poetry...she's a monologue in shakespearean tragedy"

It's fairly fun... about what you'd expect from Janice on Tv.

I didn't even notice that there was a 3 month lapse between Ep 1 and 2. Maybe it had to do with finding her backer? I do recall a time when she was talking about the show, but it never seemed to appear anywhere. There didn't seem to be an air date set, for the longest time. Maybe she had shot the pilot and was shopping it around for a long time.

Somebody funded that studio though and did a good job. A huge office/studio at Hollywood and Highland?? NOT cheap.

I don't think Janice has oodles of money... her condo is a bit small, even for L.A. Nice, but small. But condos are expensive here. That one might've cost half a mil or more. Easily.

I wonder why she didn't put up notices at girls' volleyball practises, and ballet classes, and things like that. High school newspapers. Models in their late 20s? Isn't that when most of them retire?

Anyone else have the feeling that blond, experienced model was paid to be there, arranged by her agent/publicist? She really did not seem serious about signing with Janice. More like "who can the show get that's experienced, has a name, to drop by and pretend interest?" And they went on down the list, til they hit upon this woman, who no one's heard of. Lol.

+ Reply to Thread