+ Reply to Thread
Page 41 of 42 FirstFirst ... 313233343536373839404142 LastLast

Thread: The Janice Dickinson Modeling Agency

Re: The Janice Dickinson Modeling Agency

This show started well, I liked it when they were competing for a place in the house. Alas, it wound up being all about Janice and her mood swings. Now she gets to do it all over again in NYC (NYC?... get a rope!)

Quote Originally Posted by scoot13;3222178;
    This show started well, I liked it when they were competing for a place in the house. Alas, it wound up being all about Janice and her mood swings. Now she gets to do it all over again in NYC (NYC?... get a rope!)
    Ugh. We lose Project Runway, and we gain Janice? This doesn't exactly level the seesaw...
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

I don't think moving her modeling agency to NYC is going to get her the high class clientele she wants unless she changes her attitude and quits acting like a pyscho.

Quote Originally Posted by straycat80;3222723;
    I don't think moving her modeling agency to NYC is going to get her the high class clientele she wants unless she changes her attitude and quits acting like a pyscho.
    It will gain her the anorexic models she is searching for. It won't make her agency succeed because Janice is unprofessional. When she gets her thin models she will have to deal with their other issues like the drugs,and other things they do to maintain the death look Janice adores so much.

This washed-up, delusional, has-been showing hatred for plus sized models is no different than showing hatred for other generic groups of people, based on race, sexual preference, etc. I do not understand why this person (who looks like someone squirted the Wicked Witch of the West in the face with a water gun, causing her features to melt) can openly disparages plus sized models, not realizing that we are no longer in the 60's and the world has actively embraced those models who are not size zeros.

The whole previous paragraph to say, "I'm done with this whole show."
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

What was up with Janice this past season? I have to admit that I love this show. I've been watching since season one and I loved to see how all the models progressed and changed. But Janice was a bigger PITA this past season than ever before. The nail in the coffin for me was how she treated the Plus-Sized models. She was so hateful towards them that it was truly disgusting. I always knew that Janice was outspoken and a little off-the-wall, but she went too far here. Even how she treated Tracy - Tracy booked every job she went for. Literally every single one. No, maybe she wasn't high-fashion but she was obviously what people were looking for. I'm getting sick of Janice... that's not to say I won't be watching next season

Did she actually move to NY and will the next season revolve around that agency, or still follow the LA models?

I agree that Janice was harsher with the plus-sized models, and in the big picture I'm not excusing it, but taking it in context, she's expressing an attitude that is still quietly sanctioned by her peers. They believe plus-sized models are great for plus-sized catalogs, runway shows, etc., but don't ask the premier high-fashion designers to start adding plus-sized garments to their Fashion Week shows, because it's just not on their radar. It's unfortunate, but true.

And frankly, the loudmouthed leader of the models that came into the house turned me off her "cause". Janice is running a business, not a political lobby. And whatshername wasn't doing herself any favors with her constant soapboxing and pushy attitude.

Janice took the step of letting Nathan try his experiment, but agreeing to have the models live together was strictly to spice up the TV show. If they hadn't taken that extra (bad) step, perhaps Janice wouldn't have been so quick to shut it down. In reality, it's a side industry, and if anyone in the biz wants to attempt to blend the two types of models together, they have to do it with more grace and tact, and definitely not with reality TV cameras in their faces.

Again, I'm not agreeing with or defending the bias, but Janice isn't some monster aberration by her behavior. She's just not willing to move ahead of the industry on this issue.

But don't get me wrong, she's still a whackjob for plenty of other reasons.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

They were invited in the house by her son, that alone is reason enough to treat them with dignity and respect. They were making money for her, as was the deal, and she was ungrateful and downright rude to them. Tracey was treated the same way, and Xian was on her heels. One would think that the type of client she seeks would only deal with people of class. (This is referring to character, not finances)

BTW, While I liked Crystal, her smarmy Nellie Olson smirk she wore when she was the only one chosen to accompany them was really unbecoming.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

If Janice took away what she believes to be plus sized models she wouldn't make any money with her agency. Xian & Tracy are the ones getting all the bookings.

FORT Fan

Hasn't Tracy been there since the beginning?

We've seen her do plenty of assignments, while all we've seen Crystal Crackheart do is stand around and look skinny and faminshed and pleased with herself.

+ Reply to Thread