+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 42 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: The Janice Dickinson Modeling Agency

He's emo? *scratches her head* He doesnt look like the type to slash his wrists and write crappy poetry about how nobody likes him... But oh well... *shrugs* And that chick that they happened to find just walking around the mall. Just... wow. Her pictures that they took looked amazing. Like real model work. How much you wanna bet if she were on ANTM she'd be kicked off in the first 3 episodes?
    Pink Elephants on Parade!

That girl was BEAUTIFUL!

I hope she has the talent to go with the looks.

FORT Fogey
    http://entertainment.iwon.com/celebg...26_2006_3.html

Janice Dickinson's Model Behavior
    by Margy Rochlin

Janice Dickinson knows a thing or two about modeling just ask the self-proclaimed first supermodel so it is no surprise that she's putting her skills to use on The Janice Dickinson Modeling Agency (Tuesdays at 10 pm/ET on Oxygen). TV Guide talked to the loose-lipped ex-supermodel about her new show, getting dissed by Tyra Banks and her strong gay following.

TV Guide: Tell us why you should have your own modeling agency and your own show about it. Janice Dickinson: Im ready for anything because Ive been there, done that. I can help these kids. I have credibility in the industry for over 32 years over 3,000 covers in every magazine in every country in every language. I became a model because I love what I do. I love everything to do with the lighting, the fashion, the film, the photography, the clothes. Its the only thing I can give back to an industry that fed me like a Vampirella.

TV Guide: Whats the best advice that you give them? Dickinson: To have something to fall back on after they become models. Lets face it, theres a short shelf life in this industry. Cindy Crawford was smart and became The Mole Inc., but most models are just vapid nothingness.Theyve been endorsed by their parents, teachers, boyfriends, peers. They became empty shells. You have to have it upstairs.

TV Guide: Everyone doesnt agree with your claim that you are the worlds first supermodel. Defend your title. Dickinson: Im the first one to coin the term. Back in 1979, when dinosaurs roamed the earth, there were categories. Lauren Hutton didnt do catalog; she did Revlon or runway. I became a cover girl and an editorial model, and then I became a runway model. It just didnt work that way. Then I started working for Revlon as a spokesperson. Then I did catalog. I was at the top of the food chain. I solely raised the rates. I just wish I was working now. Gisele Bundchen hops down the runway for one passage and makes $85,000.

TV Guide: Whats the real story behind you leaving Americas Next Top Model? Dickinson: I got the boot from the teeny tiny [executive producer] Ken Mok. He called me the day before [the item] ran in the papers that I was replaced. I went on every TV show and said, It was a great experience; it taught me a lot. I wish Tyra well. But you know what? At her last wrap party, she thanked everyone but me. She has me on her talk show talking about incest, sex, drugs, rock and roll. So I go, Why is it that you cant look at me and say, Lets go out for coffee? She was like, I dont know what youre talking about. I said, Why didnt you thank me? That really hurt.Oh, I forgot. What is it? Jealousy? I dont know.

TV Guide: So what did you learn from being a judge on ANTM? Dickinson: Nothing. They learned from me! Im still on the show! They cant let me go. I am the show. When they replaced me with Stumpy I mean Twiggy the ratings went down. [Editors note: According to the Nielsen ratings, this is not true.]

TV Guide: Any lessons from being on TV Guide: Lets talk about how great you look on the cover of your new book about dating, called Check, Please!Dickinson: Everything about the cover photo is retouched and digitally enhanced to make me look good. Hey, I fool the camera. Im a liar, a magician. Im 51 years old. Without the fake t---, the plastic surgery and the face-lift, thered be a middle-aged gray-haired lady staring at you.

TV Guide: What made you stand out as a young model? Dickinson: Back in my day, everyone was this apple-pie, girl-next-door type blue eyes, blonde hair. I had sloppy ethnic features, skinny minis, no breasts. I wasnt in vogue. If it werent for the late great [makeup artist] Way Bandy, and the late great [photographers] Richard Avedon and Francesco Scavullo, I wouldnt be here. They saw something in me that the populace didnt. Gay men made me who I am.

How can you say he looks emo just from his haircut?

Did Anybody have Ian's Myspace??

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.
    The more I watch this show the more I understand the importance of wearing clean underwear when you leave the house. A model scout may ask you to drop trou in front of a camera.

I luv Sorin. I am loving this episode. I luv a man in briefs.

That was a great half an hour! I am loving this show. The models are much better than ANTM's..perhaps because of the men.

Anyhoo, the models are getting work and that is a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Quemoni View Post
    That was a great half an hour! I am loving this show. The models are much better than ANTM's..perhaps because of the men.

Anyhoo, the models are getting work and that is a good thing.
    Maybe it's because they're real models and not just reality tv contestants?

Quote Originally Posted by Coconut Oil View Post
    Maybe it's because they're real models and not just reality tv contestants?
    Shuuuuuuuuuuuuush.... THEY may hear you! *makes an offering to appeas the FORT gods*
    Pink Elephants on Parade!

+ Reply to Thread