+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: SuperGroup

I haven't seen all the episodes, but last night I watched something called "Supergroup reunion/ or after the show" , whatever.. you get the drift. Anyway, they were all there except Nugent. What's up with that?

The guys there all actually showed a genuine affection towards Sebastian, surprisingly. I think it might be because the guy is insanely annoying, or maybe just insane, but he is like an untrained puppy who is so desperate for attention and affection that no matter what you tell him he won't quit jumping all over you and trying to lick your face! Wonder why he is so insecure? Oh well, he's getting older and a lot of the shine has worn off, but he still looks and sings WAY better than that poor has been David Lee Roth.(Sorry to the Van Halen fans, but did y'all see him on "The View" ? If I had been drinking and it had been dark outside, I would have SWORN on my life that it was a Saturday Night Live skit that he was guest starring in.)
    Go Tigers!

They said in last week's Aftershow that Ted is hunting in Alaska and that's why he's not there for the chats.
    Always looking for cat treats!

Breathe out, so I can breathe you in...

Hope he hunts fast Sunny cause he's due here for a concert in just over a week. Honestly, I'm not the biggest fan of his music but I'm dying to go just cause I've enjoyed watching him on so many shows this past year.

Quote Originally Posted by ScoobyDooGal View Post
    As for last nights episode,I wasn't quite sure why the cook was mad at uncle Ted,does anybody know?
    She thinks he is a chauvinist pig because of some comments he made early on in the show. I can't remember exactly what he said but i think it was all "a woman's place is in the kitchen and pleasing her man" kind of stuff. It would have annoyed me too, but she does seem to have taken her dislike for him to the extreme.

Quote Originally Posted by snoopy View Post
    The guys there all actually showed a genuine affection towards Sebastian, surprisingly. I think it might be because the guy is insanely annoying, or maybe just insane, but he is like an untrained puppy who is so desperate for attention and affection that no matter what you tell him he won't quit jumping all over you and trying to lick your face! Wonder why he is so insecure? Oh well, he's getting older and a lot of the shine has worn off, but he still looks and sings WAY better than that poor has been David Lee Roth.(Sorry to the Van Halen fans, but did y'all see him on "The View" ? If I had been drinking and it had been dark outside, I would have SWORN on my life that it was a Saturday Night Live skit that he was guest starring in.)
    I can't tune into the Supergroup "after-show", but I am not surprised by your assessment of how the guys seem to feel about Sebastian. I've picked up that vibe from the last couple of eps, as well as the preview for next week. And, even though Sebastian and Evan had that dust-up during this week's ep, and Evan surely is P/O'd by Sebastian, I sense that there is real kinship between those two.

Snoopy, the way you described Sebastian (see bolded excerpt above) is dead-on ... I've had puppies before - while they're real cute, energetic, lovable and all, they can get on one's nerves, from time to time. WRT Sebastian's insecurities/"issues", I think that some background was revealed in the one-on-one that Sebastian & Evan had the morning after the dust-up, when Sebastian talked about his late father. I got the idea that there are some unresolved issues there, and part of Sebastian's problem is that he self-medicates (with alcohol) to deal with/avoid the pain.

WRT David Lee Roth, I didn't see him on "The View." But, recently, I saw a clip of him, singing "Jump" - bluegrass style - on some late night TV show It was pitiful, y'all... The clip turned up on E's "The Soup", and the appropriate snark was applied......

Cat

Let the sunshine in! IMAPrincess's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by suncat7 View Post
    Oh, I forgot to mention, that scene with Sebastian having the gathering to watch him on the "Gilmore Girls", and shushing anyone who talked. THAT was hilarious. When it said "guest starring Sebastian Bach" and he had to say about three times "it's in my contract that I come first!"

When Sebastian's wife (Maria?) was getting ready to do that photo shoot, she made mention of the fact that she's a Mom. I don't know if her child is Sebastian's or not (has he ever made mention of a child?) but I think he's got to be a horrible role model for any child. (unless his "act" is just that, a huge act, and he's a different person in real life.)

I also want to add, Sebastian's hair looks horrible. Maybe he figures no one will recognize him if he changes it.
    Sebastian and Maria have two boys, named Paris and London.
    I'm only as strong as the cocktails I drink, the hair spray I use, and the friends I have.

Manu has arrived Hawaiian_Rippa's Avatar
    Bas cracks me up. He had the funniest quote ever "I was directing while I was erecting".
    Pi'i Mai Te Naru

If Bas truely is an alcoholic, isn't it going to be a lot harder for him to quit drinking than it appeared on yesterdays show? They made it look like he was just going to be able to up and quit without any difficulty at all. If it really is that easy for him, then more power to him. However, I wonder if that may be what causes Evan to leave (from the previews)...

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher View Post
    ... However, I wonder if that may be what causes Evan to leave (from the previews)...
    I just watched the season (series?) finale, and, no, that is not the cause of Evan leaving the house, at that point.

The real deal was
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Evan apparently decided to leave the house, with Tera, before the rest of the group, gangstering the limo that they were all supposed to use to get to the venue, so that the two of them could go over to a Hard Rock Cafe Hotel, check in, and get some pre-show R&R, or whatever. Evan did eventually rejoin the group, 45 minutes late for sound check.

I don't know about the rest of y'all, but I am pretty annoyed that the previews that were shown on "Supergroup", for several weeks, of Evan allegedly leaving the house (and quitting the group?), right before sound check and showtime, due to Sebastian's alleged continual alcohol consumption, after their dust-up and Uncle Ted's intervention, were misleading. Hell, let's just call it what it is - a lie, when it's all said and done ... However, I shouldn't be surprised that VH-1 may have chosen to pile on/manufacture some more "drama", to the point of making viewers believe that the scenario that some of us thought existed, in that instance, was real.

OK, Whew! I had to get that of my chest, folks. Otherwise, and in my opinion, the rest of the finale was interesting and pretty entertaining. As always, I was drawn to Uncle Ted's VO's, as well as Sebastian's (for a different reason). But, I could have done without all those VO's from them, and the rest of the group, edited in, as Damnocracy performed, at the end of the ep. As far as the performance, itself, I thought it was pretty good. The main thing was that, as far as I could tell, the audience at that venue ate it up.

That said, I will miss this show, now that it has come to an end. One thing that I can say was that, in my opinion, "Supergroup" was never boring And, I wish Bas well, hoping that he will stay on the road to sobriety.

Cat

FORT Fan
    After seeing this show, (especially the finale) it makes me really curious to know the story of the band Skid Row. I think it would be interesting if VH1 would do a Behind the Music about them. Otherwise I might have to do some research on it myself. I know the band is still going on without Sebastian so I'm sure their's an interesting story to be told. Thanks

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast