+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bunch of crazy "people" watching crazy "people"

JudgeK70

Bunch of crazy "people" watching crazy "people"

Shows like Bachelor, Bachelorette, Fear Fctor, Survivor etc., show how low Americans have sunk in terms of morals, values and tastes in entertainment.

"People" on these shows eat worms, bugs, insects, animal penises and any crap that is thrown at their faces or shoved in their mouths. For doing that, they get the best ratings on TV. Millions start watching them. Who are all these "people"? Why are they so sick and twisted and gross? Why are they raised like that? Were they raised in a jungle? Is this what this supposedly great country is all about? "People" sleeping around and "people" eating crap?

On second thoughts, these can't be poeple. Common. Who are you kidding? They are some creatures living among humans. probably some living forms. Definitely not humans. They don't deserve to live among other humans. I don't want to live amongst these creatures.

I switch on the TV at night and I get to see a "guy" eating a cricket or a "girl" shoving buffalo's penis in her mouth. Forget about the ones doing it. I don't even know what to say about all those millions watching this crap. Please, don't procreate anymore and don't live among other humans. Form a separate country or something. Just go. Please. Tank you.

I wonder why a person who holds reality-tv-fans in such low regard even bothers to register on a site named "Fans of Reality TV". It's like hating Nascar, so you go to the race to denounce those who went to the race. I just don't get it.

Go away, read your comic books, and leave us to our television.

I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    at John!
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

FORT Fanatic
    Actually, I am dying to know what JudgeK70 thinks is quality entertainment. Please, enlighten us....

So JudgeK70, would that make you a crazy person watching a bunch of crazy people watch crazy people?
    Civilization is the progress toward a society of privacy. The savage's whole existence is public, ruled by the laws of his tribe. Civilization is the process of setting man free from men.

Click here

Princess
    Howard!!

Although I do find the initial post somewhat offensive, I think it should be OK to discuss "why do we watch this?" even at this site , and I think it's interesting to hear everyone's opinion on this matter - whether they are pro or con. I, for example, never thought I would ever watch a dating show... and now that I've watched both Joe Mill and the Bachelorette, I have to say that I did find them both really terrible. Still - I did watch, but more out of some weird curiosity than anything else. I don't think I'll watch any dating show again, as I do find them quite pathetic, degrading, and (in my mind) supporting old-fashioned views of women and men. Not as much the contestants' fault as the producers. My mind is totally boggled as to why anyone would want to participate in such a show.
    TAR and Survivor though are a completely different thing in my mind (and Fear Factor too, I suppose, as at least they win some money, although I could never stand watching it ).
    In TAR and Survivor I think it's the group dynamics that are the most interesting and really quite educational, and I certainly wouldn't say that anyone watching those shows are "crazy". Especially I find the board discussions here very interesting .
    Last edited by Modesty; 02-22-2003 at 07:56 PM.

bah! just seems ridiculous to take the time out of your life to search out reality tv sites in order to disparage reality tv fans.

and you think we are the crazy ones? whatever...

There is plenty of great non-reality tv to watch.
    It's entirely possible to avoid all reality tv if you so desire.
    "That's Numberwang!"

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    Ditto Fluff.
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast