+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bunch of crazy "people" watching crazy "people"

Maybe it's the "gossip" in all of us that makes us do it? Face it, watching reality tv and then posting your opinion on a site like this is better than watching out your front window to see who is doing what (whom) and then getting together with a group of your neighbors and dishing the dirt. Human nature makes us interested in other people and their reactions to various events and obstacles. As a species, we've been doing it for centuries, this is just the latest way of expanding our "gossip-fest".
    Why doesn't it make sense? Because we're on the wrong side of the tapestry...

kaj

I don't get it-

So we're all crazy? That's it right- we're all crazy for watching reality shows. WOW, that makes me feel good inside.

I will agree with USMCmum - might be the gossip. Or exercising our observation skills. Having an opinion is not wrong and I get your point Judge, except I won't accept it. I am in no way crazy and neither the people who made this board and the posters in it.

The site is called FANS OF REALITY TV- if you are not a fan, this is not the board for you. You obviously are not a fan and you have an opinion, that others might share, so I suggest you put up a site advertising your belief. And I have a feeling you are bored, not much excitement in your life? Well, if that's the case, go watch something on TV to entertain you- I suggest Survivor, and maybe Fear Factor.

Oh, and Amazing Race 4- it's coming up soon. If you didn't know- Amazing Race is a bunch of "crazy people" who will have to travel around the world looking for "crazy" clues.

I feel so dirty & ashamed for watching. I guess it's back to Andy Griffith & Donna Reed for me.

I feel so dirty & ashamed for watching. I guess it's back to Andy Griffith & Donna Reed for me.
    I'm sure there's some sort of 12 step program that you can join, jodaar. Have you filled out one of those surveys that says "You're a Reality TVholic if...."??

Actually, that's kinda fun - You're a RTVholic if:

1. You know the favorite actresses of the current Survivors.
    2. You know last season's survivors occupations.
    3. If you always tape the episodes so you can rewatch them for subtle clues as to budding alliances
    4. You get up to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night and you stop to check the FORT site in case something new has been posted.
    5. You made a point of watching Hollywood Squares because Brian Heidik was on, AND you knew the answer to the true/false statement "Brian used part of the $$ from Survivor to buy his mother a liquor store".

Sorry, I got carried away......
    Why doesn't it make sense? Because we're on the wrong side of the tapestry...

I find it hilarious that you (judgek70) put the word "people" in quotes, then go on to say how awful the watchers and participants are.

My god man "people" have committed atrocities that make "people" ill, yet your concern is reality TV.... Yep, I'd say we're the crazy one's alright.
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

I think it's just silly someone joins this site, makes a post and proceeds to slam us.

You've no right to judge anyone (good screen name for ya there)
    Well, I don't think your getting a welcome "judge"

So, where's the Cannes Film Festival being held this year?
    ~ Christina Aguilera

It ain't easy being green Wayner's Avatar
    Folks, take the Judge's post for what it is, and heed the warnings. This is what happens when you stop listening to your therapist and go off the prescription meds.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12