Closed Thread
Page 4 of 355 FirstFirst 123456789101112131454104 ... LastLast

Thread: Canada's Next Top Model

i read elsewhere (forgot the url.) that it was indeed filmed in the vancouver area, so if anyone has an article to back this claim ( or the victoria location) it'd be great to be posted.

Quote Originally Posted by ilyadelaide View Post
    i read elsewhere (forgot the url.) that it was indeed filmed in the vancouver area, so if anyone has an article to back this claim ( or the victoria location) it'd be great to be posted.
    TV Week Magazine-"BC's Entertainment and Lifestyle Magazine". May 27-June 2 issue. Page 74. Last paragraph on that page.
    Quote:"Filmed entirely on location in Victoria, Canada's Next Top Model will emulate its American big sister by maintaining the same format. ....".

I had heard months ago (forget where) that it was going to be filmed in Victoria. When I read this, it only confirmed it. At least in my mind.

Whoever said that it was filmed in the Vancouver "area" is perhaps considering Victoria a part of that "area". But really it's not.

Vancouver Island, perhaps. Regardless, i'm still rather confused as to why they chose victoria. it is considerably cheaper than to. and mo.

did my research, stacey mckenzie has a great story behind her, and she's actually a really great model. or was? she has modeled for a lot of great designers (alexander mcqueen <3) and seems pretty down to earth, but realistic at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by ilyadelaide View Post
    ..... i'm still rather confused as to why they chose victoria. ....
    I have to be careful not to adopt a bias just because I live there.
    Having said that...it's is kinda strange.
    I mean...where are they going to go for their Go-Sees?
    Who's line are they going to model at the final Runway?
    Is anyone of any significance going even be at the final Runway?
    Maybe Victoria is more fashionable than people realize.
    I guess we'll find out!

well, it's a great city and all, just not the most fashion forward city in canada IMO. i think they may do something similiar to ausntm and the final 3 will go to another city but still in the country for the runway.

I was thinking that maybe they would fly over to Vancouver for the Go-Sees, but then remembered that the TV Week article said "Filmed entirely on location in Victoria....". Unless the article is wrong, the final Runway will be in Victoria. Regardless, it'll be interesting to see how it all plays out.

Mn I really wish I could watch this. The only Canadian Channels I get are CTV and CBC
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

Av. by CrossingGuard fujiyoshi_knife's Avatar
    I wonder how they'll do the opening sequence like ANTM? (Cycle 1-3 or Cycle 4-6) or completely different.

My favourites after seeing the makeover pics are Allana and Heather.
    "In spite of all the temptation you have endured, all the suffering, you remain pure of heart, just as pure as you were at the age of eleven, when you stared into a mirror that reflected your heart's desire, and it showed you only the way to thwart Lord Voldemort, and not immortality or riches."

Closed Thread