Closed Thread
Page 13 of 355 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222363113 ... LastLast

Thread: Canada's Next Top Model

I was slightly dispappointed with the show but i don't want to go into top model withdrawal, so i'm going to keep watchin CNTM. Sylvie admittedly had a bad attitude, but i felt she should have stayed around. Andrea should have gone home. She didn't want to be there and I feel she has 0% potential. Did you she the clothes she chose to do her runway walk???? Ew. If you have to call [mod edit] mommy, and she's the one who's making you do this, you shouldn't be in this competion. Heather's runway walk, (and clothes she chose) was the only one that was decent. The rest was [mod edit] i tell you. Although i liked Sisi walk, but her face gave away that she was trying to hard. Sisi photoshoot was actually cool n her picture was good, but why was she making all those wierd faces? Can't wait for makeovers. I have a feeling that these girls are going to transform like nobody's buisness. Ylenia, Dawn, Heather, Natalie and Sisi are my favs for now. And Alanna and Brandi are cool I guess. Tenika needs to go home, sorry. Andrea too. The photoshoot idea was pretty cool, I was glad they chose a good concept. The show's low budget, but that's ok. So was ANTM 1. It's the show's first cycle. Hopefully there will be many more, because I know people who plan to go out for it. Can't wait until next week!!
    Last edited by hepcat; 06-01-2006 at 06:31 PM. Reason: language and lingo
    I wish you had a favourite beauty spot that you loved secretly/'Cos it was on a hidden bit that nobody else could see/Basically, I wish that you loved me/I wish that you needed me/I wish that you knew when I said two sugars, actually I meant three. - Kate Nash, "Nicest Thing"

CCL
    Quote Originally Posted by misskitty View Post
    Well. Drat, darn it, shucks, phooey and poop! I missed the first show

I was doing bedding plants all day and fell asleep. And forgot to tape it. Crapola!
    misskitty - they're repeating on Tuesday (not sure of the time) just like they did with ANTM.

GirlinGlasses

Here are the pics from the show.

Ylenia

Tenika

Sylvie - I liked her photo

Sisi. They complained that the only usable photos were of her with the sunglasses on but I think the sunglasses look rock star cool so...

Natalie
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

FORT Fan
    People have got to stop comparing CNTM with ANTM. Obviously the budget would be completely different. Not only is it the first cycle of CNTM but ANTM has something Canada lacks, a big population who watch and the broadcasting it has. Canadians can watch the American version while CNTM is restricted to Canada alone, so it's not gonna generate as much money or ratings.

Also, look at Canada's population compared to The U.S., so potential shouldn't be compared either.

I don't really have a favorite yet either, but I was happy Sylvie went, she just did not seem modelly to me, especially standing right beside Natalie in the bottom two.
    I think CNTM seemed a little boring but that's because we're used to ANTM with all it's extra things

www.PonandZi.com phantasmogoria's Avatar
    Bye Sylvie.
    It was obvious from the start that Sylvie is the first to go home. Honestly, she knew she was going into a modelling competition where looks matter. She looks one of the cleaning ladies in the company I work for. I mean, the hair, the outfits... Saying, "So what?" to the judges sealed her fate.
    Her photo was good though. Too bad she couldn't be more polished in person.

CCL
    Heather - I liked her photo.

Dawn - not a great photo. Hopefully she'll do better next time.

Brandi

Andrea

Alanna. Jay said she could do editorial (if she gets better) but Jeanne thought she had no spark. I'm going to agree with Jay.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

i got the episode. wow my opinions have changed drastically. dawn is BEAUTIFUL. natalie is unique. alanna was dissapointing, but im still rooting for her. tenika is promising. sisi isnt very unique. andrea is ANNOYING.

Im rooting for Dawn and Andrea. I think there both sweethearts and I think that they can make it to the top two.I like Heather, yes, but Im thinking she would at the most she would make it to the top 4. Natalie..She reminds me of cross between Ashley Black and Lisa D'Amato. She really looks like Lisa in this picture:

I do not like Sylvie or Brandi...I don't think im gonna like Tenika either. They really do bug me. Sylvie is a good model, but I hated it how she just brushed Mr.Jay off. Brandi it too full of herself " Im the best model, blah blah blah.." and Tenika is that type of 'Get angry and blow up in your face if you sneeze at me the wrong way' type of person. I think I could give her a bit of time tho to sort things out.

Andrea needs to go NOW!!! What a ridiculous outfit...and the fact that she thought she looked "modelly" scares me!! She looked like she was trying to model in the 2 - 6 year old little girls section of the Sears catalogue. All she was missing was the pail and shovel for the sand box!!!

I liked Sylvie...I thought she represented a large portion of Canada's younger women. Laid back, not willing to compromise who she is to, upfront about who she is and enjoying life. She took a great picture and would have been very versatile. I'm pretty sure Tyra would have kept her around a little longer just to keep the viewers interested. She was portrayed as "stoner chick" but I don't think that is really who she is.

Sorry for not putting this in the other reply, but I think that Sylvie's pick makes her look like shes going to get sick, and I agree with Lurker, But I think that in time it will get more money to do better things, Look how ANTM started? I saw Adrenne's pic of the ice cave and it looked soo fake. I think that around Cycle 4, there going to get a bit better rateings and soon make more money. Everyone, its the first Episode of the first Cycle!! they cant automaticlly get millions of dollars like that! Just give it time. I know who Yoko Ono is, and I seriously think that Sisi lookes like her. Practicley alike.

i love the fact that dawn is the first aboriginal girl to be on the antm franchise other than shannon from ausntm. i think she is breath taking.

Closed Thread