Closed Thread
Page 12 of 355 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212262112 ... LastLast

Thread: Canada's Next Top Model

no. it's on the west coast. in the victoria area, i believe.

I just saw [what hopefully was] the photoshoot they did. My god, these girls are terrible. The only ones I liked were Brandi and someone else [I think it was dawn]

Does anyone else think Sisi looks like Hye Park in this candid?

Totally can understand why they picked her now
    Last edited by Coconut Oil; 06-01-2006 at 11:34 AM.

sisi looks wonderful there. she's one of my favourites at this point. most the photos were admittedly pretty bad, but i still have a feeling that a lot of them are going to be making unbelievable progress. we'll see.

This show was seriously SO bad that I can't help but love it.

Why Heather is getting so pimped by the judges, etc. confuses me because I personally think she's one of the least attractive girls there. Her skin was so bad when they went close to her face. However in the caps posted of her makeover, she did look the most like a model to me. On the show I thought she was just fug.

My favorite is Natalie. She's quite tall which I hope works to her advantage and her face is beautiful. Reminds me of a more modelesque version of Ashley from ANTM5. Anyone else see it?

I think Tenika, Brandi, Ylenia, and Allana are really pretty. Dawn is too but even in person she always just looks so vacant.

Why the %@!# would Andrea cry over her hair next episode when her hair is so horrible looking right now?! Her bangs make me sad.

Sisi is funny but really weird looking. She has the alien thing going for her I think. Hope to see some improvement from her in the coming episodes because I think she's got a lot of potential.

Tricia is a horrible host. She has no energy and I'm just bored whenever she's speaking. As much as I don't like Tyra, I wish Tricia had some of Tyra's spark. She definitely needs it.

Jeanne is the only judge that I thought had energy and seemed passionate about the whole thing.

Jay needs to be on EVERY episode because this show is going to be even worse without him. He definitely saved it.

I loved the show. The production values are a bit lacking. It's like season one of ANTM. The sound was terrible when they played the firstTricia mail in the suv. Tricia Showed a bit of personality as the host despite her monotone voice. I liked that the judges didn't hold back on the criticisms.

My three early picks,Ylenia, Andrea and Heather, survived the first cut. Andrea needs to build her confidence but she has a load of potential. Heather reminded me of Yvonne from Germany's Next Top Model while Tenika reminded me of Edwina from Britain's Next Top Model.

Sylvie blew her chance from the start. She refused to dress up for dinner and then the outfit she wore into judging looked drab without at least some high heels to set it off. Sneakers buried under some tattered looking flared jeans? Would she dress like that for a job interview? Probably not because she's 'not going to change the way she dresses.'

Next show is the make-overs. Cue the tears and the drama.

FORT Fan
    i'm so stoked for next weeks show, from the looks of the previews it looks like it'll be better than the first ep.

My first impression was that it seemed low rent and Trisha did seem kind of uncomfortable as a host but I think it will get better as they get the feel for it. Most reality shows start out that way (I'm thinking back to The Amazing Race Season 1). Jay made the show! I wish he could be on it all the time.

FORT Fan
    for some reason everytime i look at heather all i think of is rachel mcadams, does anyone elese see it?

Well. Drat, darn it, shucks, phooey and poop! I missed the first show

I was doing bedding plants all day and fell asleep. And forgot to tape it. Crapola!

Thanks though for all your comments. I guess I didn't miss THAT much
    Yes, I'm sure it's got like 1/100 of the budget of ANTM. So we can't compare. It's the first season as well so it's not pulled together yet.

So Sylvie was kicked out already? She was one from my province I believe. It sounded like she was a bit dumb with what you said she wore to dinner. Duh. I'm going to check out the official site.

Are there any recaps or photos from the first show? Can we post them here?
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Hi, I've been a long time lurker on the ANTM thread, and I thought I'd finally start posting on this thread since I'm from Canada. While I was watching it with my friend last night she was complaining that it wasn't as polished as the American version and I have to agree, but I'm still willing to give it a chance. In some ways the American version is getting a bit too polished for my taste anyway. I don't have a favorite yet, but I might root for Dawn since she's from Calgary, which is where I am. I thought Sylvie had one of the more interesting photos from last night's shoot, but I'm not sure that anything could have been done about her attitude. My friend and I also thought it was hilarious when they showed the tape of SiSi making all sorts of strange faces during the photo shoot.

Closed Thread