+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Project Catwalk

CCL

Project Catwalk

Anyone going to watch Project Catwalk aka the British version of Project Runway? It starts tonight in the same timeslot that PR was in (Mondays at 10 pm). Here's the show description:

Hosted by international style icon Elizabeth Hurley, Project Catwalk is the first UK-based TV competition to focus on the world of fashion design. The show gives aspiring designers a rare and prized opportunity to break into the notoriously tough fashion world, whilst being mentored and judged by some of the biggest names in the industry. Project Catwalk features Julien Macdonald and Elle magazine's editor Lorraine Candy as permanent judges. Ben de Lisi is the contestants' mentor, charged with selecting and moulding the budding talents. A panel of top industry figures including, Erin O'Connor, Frost French, Giles Deacon, Isabella Blow and Patrick Cox set the challenges and then judge the contestants' performances. Meanwhile, in a parallel competition, 12 catwalk models from top agencies Premier and Select battle it out to become the designers' muses and stay in the game.
    Each week the budding designers face elimination based on how they meet the challenges set for them by the panel until only three remain. The three finalists will each showcase full lines on the catwalk during London Fashion Week and the winning designer's garments and model will be photographed for Elle magazine. The winning designer will also receive the seed money to help them launch their own line.
    Link
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

never heard of it till now

So will this be premiering in america...?

I don't know if it's going to air in America but I know that it will start airing (or has already?) in Canada. I've actually already seen the entire series and I really enjoyed it. If you're a fan of Project Runway, you'll most likely be a fan of this one. Watch it if you get a chance!

CCL
    Quote Originally Posted by antmANNfan View Post
    I don't know if it's going to air in America but I know that it will start airing (or has already?) in Canada. I've actually already seen the entire series and I really enjoyed it. If you're a fan of Project Runway, you'll most likely be a fan of this one. Watch it if you get a chance!
    Right. I should have said that it was airing in the same timeslot on the Life Network in Canada that PR formerly occupied. First episode was last night. I don't know whether it will air in the US - sorry.
    Caught the first episode last night. It was pretty good. They designers seem to do more avant-garde fashion than PR (which is neither bad, nor good, just an observation).
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

I've seen the first two episodes and rather enjoyed it.

I'm rooting for Kirsty as she's a Scouse git like myself.
    Debbie I'd really like to see the back of pronto.
    Her signature outfit created with the brief of "frisky" was heinous.
    I wouldn't want "plumber's crack" to be my signature.
    Also, she seems fairly intent on getting drunk whenever possible and I've always found being aroubnd drunk people, or watching drunk people really tiresome.

I thought Matthew did a good job with his dress, particularly considering the (imo) awful fabric he chose.
    It was pleasing to me that his quiet understated manner was more appreciated by the newspaper columnist than Debbie's in yer face style.

giz
    Quote Originally Posted by fluff View Post
    I've seen the first two episodes and rather enjoyed it.

I'm rooting for Kirsty as she's a Scouse git like myself.
    Debbie I'd really like to see the back of pronto.
    Her signature outfit created with the brief of "frisky" was heinous.
    I wouldn't want "plumber's crack" to be my signature.
    Also, she seems fairly intent on getting drunk whenever possible and I've always found being aroubnd drunk people, or watching drunk people really tiresome.

I thought Matthew did a good job with his dress, particularly considering the (imo) awful fabric he chose.
    It was pleasing to me that his quiet understated manner was more appreciated by the newspaper columnist than Debbie's in yer face style.
    Glad someone else is watching!! I like Kirsty too, I love the rhthym of the Liverpudlian accent, and hers is pretty strong. I don't like Debbie because she's a little too agressive for my tolerance level. Ditto on the drinking! I am just not too good with the whole drunk thing, don't get it. Getting slightly more tolerant as I age, but not a lot.

I actually liked Matthew's fabric. I thought it was kitschy, and fun. Very flirty and 50's. I could see where he was going to go with it and was suprised Ben de Lisi didn't like it. M seems like a sweet guy too. I was sorry to see Zoe go as she reminds me of me in a few years! I don't think I'd cope in that house either as I like my early nights. There's a good bit of info on the Life Network site.

I didn't mind the dots on Matthews fabric and I think he was wise to get a reversible fabric, but I really didn't like what looked to be an almost flannel texture.
    Considering what he was working with I think he did a very good job.
    If Kirstie can't pull off a win then I'll cheer for Matthew.
    Luckily Kirstie also seems to have some skills, so I can like her legitimately and not just because I'm following the Scouse code

I had no idea Sadie Frost had gotten into designing.
    Last time I heard anything of her she weas getting divorced from Jude Law.

giz
    I thought it was wierd about Sadie Frost too. Also she looks very mumsy and Jennifer Saundersish, whereas I remember her being very sultry and glam. It just goes to show that in England it's not what you know, it's who you are and what club your dad or husband belongs to. People like Phillip Treacey make it, but then people with no previous experience, who just fancy a bit of a go can do well if they've got the name. I find it kind of infuriating.

I was impressed by how they managed to whip up something in 10 minutes, using just the red bit of fabric.
    I too, will be glad to see the last of Debbie. Actually, I would be glad to do without all the party scenes. I guess they are intended to help us get to know the designers, but I really don't care that much about that. Even though I know absolutely nothing about fashion, I like to watch the creative process and hopefully see people eliminated based on merit, not personalities. (Although again, I admit I know nothing about fashion. I don't remember the name of the guest judge on the first episode, but when I saw her wearing that ridiculous hat I wondered how on earth she could be qualified to judge fashion.)
    "The sun rose promptly at dawn."
    Tom Clancy in his novel The Teeth of the Tiger

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast