+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Project Catwalk

Quote Originally Posted by kimanis View Post
    I just have to add that I was very impressed with the one hr format. If only Project Runway could take pointers. The English version stayed on course and was very generous with the contestants( no last minutes additions). Finally, is it just me or did the designs seem more glamourous than the American stuff.....they really blew me away. Yaay Kirsty. PS Debbie's problem is that she always comes across as a pattern cutter who dreams of being a designer but falls short, the others had better taste overall.
    I agree that it was nice not to have a bloated finale spread over 2 weeks. I was also happy that there was no reunion/recap show.
    One thing that they could do (but won't) to tighten it up - stop showing mini-recaps and mini-previews before and after every commercial break.
    "The sun rose promptly at dawn."
    Tom Clancy in his novel The Teeth of the Tiger

CCL
    Quote Originally Posted by William13 View Post
    One thing that they could do (but won't) to tighten it up - stop showing mini-recaps and mini-previews before and after every commercial break.
    Totally annoying. My attention span isn't that short.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

The second season of Project Catwalk is staring on Life Network on Monday night in the PR timeslot.
    Kelly Osbourne's the new presenter.

CCL
    You beat me to posting, fluff! Oddly enough, they don't have the show listed on the Life Network website, although the tv guide does have it, so I guess the website is being slow in updating. I wonder how Kelly O will be as a host.

CCL
    Anyone catch the show last night? I thought it was pretty good but it is early days so I haven't sorted out who's who yet. The guy who won the challenge (Wayne?) seems pretty talented but he's a bit out there personality wise. Not sure if I can warm up to him. I like the Essex guy as well and the girl from Italy.
    Kelly Osborne did okay as the host. She was a bit nervous and overeager at times. Not as polished as some other hosts.
    I can't stand Tara Palmer Tomkinson so I'm glad she was just a guest judge.

I can't stand TPT either.
    Britain's answer to Paris Hilton, obviously not nearly as trashy, but just as useless.
    The partying must be getting to her because she looked rough!
    Did you clock the boots Wayne was wearing?
    I think I might have trouble walking in them and I wear heels a lot
    I liked the winning design, shame he didn't have more fabric so you couldn't see her cheeks.
    The see-through flimsy top Tyla designed was hideous.
    As if anyone in their right mind would wear it.
    It was mumsy and slutty at the same time
    I liked the dress Monika the Aussie made and Luke the guy with the fro-hawk.
    A lot of them went with halter necks though.
    Tymoor's long pink outfit was just hideous.
    I think I liked that less than the losing outfit.

CCL
    Yes, Wayne's boots were crazy!
    A lot of the outfits seemed super-short, though Wayne's was surely the shortest. Tara didn't comment on the butt cheeks showing. She'd probably wear it like that.
    Monika reminded me of Kelly Osborne a bit. I quite liked her hair though it would seem to take a lot of upkeep.
    I felt bad for the girl who got out (Christine?). She's just a new student so it doesn't seem like she knew that much. She was out of her depth. She'll get some experience under her belt and go on to good things, I'm sure.
    The prizes this year have gone down a lot. Grazia Magazine? After British Elle? And designing for Debenhams? Hmm.

I can't remember anyone's name; most of the outfits seemed rather indistinguishable to me. This was a pretty tough challenge - the designers did not get to choose their materials and most of the women seemed to really hate the outfits given to them. I don't think that getting the designers to use their talents to make an outfit for a socialite is making the world a better place. I don't know who Tara Palmer Tomkinson is, but if I never see her again, that's ok with me.
    I don't remember the name of the woman that lost, but they picked the right outfit. The moment I saw that outfit I thought that it did not fit the task they were assigned. I don't know anything about clothes, but even I could tell that wasn't an outfit that anyone, especially a socialite, would wear at night.
    I was rather surprised that Wayne won. I thought that they would not let him get away with making a dress that short.
    I don't know if I like Kelly Osborne as host. She seemed pleasant enough, but she didn't really seem to contribute anything either. I do prefer her staying out of the way instead of Elizabeth Hurley's obvious crush on Matthew.
    "The sun rose promptly at dawn."
    Tom Clancy in his novel The Teeth of the Tiger

What channel is this on? On US stations??
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by CCL;2267689;
    Yes, Wayne's boots were crazy!
    A lot of the outfits seemed super-short, though Wayne's was surely the shortest. Tara didn't comment on the butt cheeks showing. She'd probably wear it like that.
    Monika reminded me of Kelly Osborne a bit. I quite liked her hair though it would seem to take a lot of upkeep.
    I felt bad for the girl who got out (Christine?). She's just a new student so it doesn't seem like she knew that much. She was out of her depth. She'll get some experience under her belt and go on to good things, I'm sure.
    The prizes this year have gone down a lot. Grazia Magazine? After British Elle? And designing for Debenhams? Hmm.
    Debenhams did make me laugh, although they do (or at least did when I last went here) sell Jasper Conran's ready to wear line there, so I guess they'd be in good company.
    I liked that Christine was able to honestly evaluate her performance and note that she was out of her league.
    I liked that she wasn't cocky and didn't slam the judges or claim that they'd made a wrong choice.

I don't know that this show is on in the US, Bearcata.

+ Reply to Thread