+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Project Catwalk

I actually liked Debbie. Her designs weren't always my favorite (although in my opinion, designed a few great pieces over the course of her stay, however long that may be) but I thought she seemed really determined & for the most part I thought she seemed sweet. Even though she's agressive, I just see it as she knows what she likes and doesn't want to compromise. I have no favorites on these shows though because the designers who are good are all good even if they have different styles, and it's all based on your taste. I guess I was rooting for Matthew just because he was cute.

I think if you're a good designer, you're a good designer. And your designs will get appreciated by the people who you design them for. I don't think it will ever be appreciated by everyone because someone can always find something wrong with it.

giz
    William, the first judge was Isabella Blow. She used to be an assistant to Anna Wintour. She's one of those people who is constantly in magazines and her claim to be stylish is just accepted (although her style is way far out!) and has become a sort of self-fulfilling prophecy (or something). She's to Phillip Treacey, and is considered to have discovered Alexander McQueen and Sophie Dahl. She always looks a bit (!) mad, but I think that is supposed to prove to us what a fashion maven she is!

CCL
    Let me join the Scouser cheering squad. I really like Kristy. She seems young and lively and is talented to boot. I also like Gemma & Matthew. I can't remember all their names yet.

I have found that they focus a bit too much on the house goings-on versus the design room (as William also points out). But I guess that's the route they've chosen to take...

I doubt Sadie Frost does any real designing for the FrostFrench label. She probably just swans in and picks out colours or something. Actually, I was surprised that FrostFrench actually designed clothes - I've only heard of the label in terms of underwear and such.
    Last edited by CCL; 04-24-2006 at 02:23 PM.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

giz
    I think at this point that Matthew and Kirsty are the frontrunners. I always like their stuff, especially Matthew. Debbie is so abrasive, I was sorry to see her win! (Totally unfair of me, as it has nothing to do with whether or not the "garment" was good). Sorry to see Sashino and his little Lagerfeld fan go. My daughter said, "why does he have that fan?" So then I have to explain Lagerfeld. Then she says "boyfriend?", though she knows about gay people every time she hears someone say anything about it she goes "?". Still has not taken on board information, or something. Maybe she is still waiting for me to throw a fit at existence of gays and lesbians or something. Apparently some of her class are homophobic. Sorry, tangent alert!

I'm quite enjoying the show. I thought the brief was good, sensible, and I liked having the head of Barbour there. I hate that Welsh designer, he is so nasty and negative. I wonder if he's really like this or if he's trying to be Cowellesque or something.

Giz: I knew that Isabella Blow had to be someone famous in fashion, but I have a terrible memory for names, and as I said, I know nothing about fashion.
    I thought that Gemma (? maybe next week I should take notes) should be the one sent home. I like her and her outfit was creative, but I think it completely missed the point of this task.
    The country scenes were a bit more amusing than the bar scenes, but I prefer to watch to the scenes with Ben De Lisi. He does seem to really want to mentor them and I like watching the designer's work in process.
    After last week I was sorry to see Debbie win, but I did like her outfit.
    I would have thought that the customer is always right and that the guy from Barbour would pick the winner, not "majority rules".
    "The sun rose promptly at dawn."
    Tom Clancy in his novel The Teeth of the Tiger

CCL
    I liked Debbie's outfit and I think it deserved to win. Still not a big fan of hers though.
    Ben de Lisi seems to be around a lot more than Tim Gunn was on Project Runway. Does he not have a clothing line he should be designing?
    giz - I don't know if Julien McDonald (the male judge - is he Welsh?) is trying to channel Simon Cowell but he does tend to be pretty negative...maybe he's trying to channel Nina Garcia.
    It seems that the British show has gotten more big fashion names to appear than Project Runway (or maybe it's just me). It was very cool to see Erin O'Connor - she seemed really nice and friendly.
    I like Gemma a lot but I thought she would have done better last night what with her country background. Maybe the fact that she thought she would have it in the bag led to her having problems - she did seem to have a lot of trouble. I quite liked the jacket with tweed cuffs she had made that she was wearing in her at-home video - she should have made something like that.
    The designer with the uneven hairstyle (the mother one?) - the hairstyle is really bugging me! I feel like taking scissors to it.

I LOVE Debi.
    I just think she adds something to the show.

cow
    aw, i liked matthew, but i think he shouldve gone today... but today's episode was kinda cool
    moooooo
    orangepie

CCL
    Quote Originally Posted by cow View Post
    aw, i liked matthew, but i think he shouldve gone today... but today's episode was kinda cool
    Yes, he is lacking a bit on the skills side. Well, he's learning.
    I quite liked the episode last night - I think the winning dress deserved to win though I liked the other 2 dresses as well.

giz
    I was amazed that all the designers refused to rat each other out. I wonder if they'd agreed to that beforehand or if they followed Lesley's example. Good on them either way. I think that's the first time in a reality show I've seen people refuse to name names. What's the opposite of a moral nadir? Kind of ironic that in a show about one of the most superficial of all career choices we see people making solid ethics based decisions.

I'm quite enjoying Project Catwalk. I feel I'm actually learning a bit about the industry: I don't feel frustrated about wasted potential (of the show) like I do with ANTM. And I really liked Lesley's dress. Guess that makes me vulgar (Miss Hurley). I thought it was quite a cool idea to outline the body in crystals. And I love velvet. I would, however, like Matthew and Chris to introduce themselves to a hairbrush. Chris looks like a beat-up old tabby cat with a torn ear. He needs to be turned into a cartoon character ala Thomas O'Malley, asap.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast