+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112

Thread: Project Catwalk

Re: Project Catwalk

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;3053184;
    I didn't really like any of the final collections.
    I found Chelsea so annoying, banging on about Viv not deserving to be there, all the time.
    I happen to agree with her, Viv probably didn't deserve it, but I'm not sure Chelsea did either.
    I don't think her work was stellar throughout the season.

I'm rather glad the season is over and won't bother catching any reruns.
    I don't remember liking any of the final collections either. I thought the general quality level was way below an average PR/US Fashion Week collection.

Can't wait for the next season. I hope they dump that little weasel mentor Ben. He is insufferable.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

Bummer:
    Project Catwalk dropped from Sky1

Sky1 has axed the Kelly Osbourne-fronted fashion series Project Catwalk and said it wants new "female-friendly" shows to replace it.

Project Catwalk, which aims to discover new fashion designers, was based on the US format Project Runway, fronted by supermodel Heidi Klum.

The show, made by Elisabeth Murdoch's Shine independent production company, follows a group of fashion designers as they compete against each other to win the competition.

Project Catwalk launched in the UK in January 2006, with Elizabeth Hurley as host and designer Ben de Lisi as fashion mentor.

However, Hurley was replaced by Osbourne for the second run last year, with the third series airing in January this year.

A Sky1 spokesman confirmed the show would not return.

"Project Catwalk was a great addition to Sky1's schedule," he said. "Kelly Osbourne, Ben de Lisi and the team have provided a fantastic platform for genuine talent, introducing the rising stars of fashion to the UK.

"We felt the series had come to a natural end and we're now looking for some new female-skewed formats for the 8pm slot to complement our success in the 9pm and 10pm hours."

The Sky1 controller, Richard Woolf, added: "We have done three seasons of Project Catwalk. I want to find other shows that will go in that slot. 8pm is a real opportunity. What we really need are some more female-friendly formatted shows."

The show pulled in just over 110,000 viewers for its last series in January. Last year's second run averaged around 300,000 viewers.
    More female-friendly? Is the implication that the show was more gay-friendly than woman-friendly? Do I need to get huffy with them?
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;3179612;
    Bummer:

More female-friendly? Is the implication that the show was more gay-friendly than woman-friendly? Do I need to get huffy with them?
    Oh good lord, please don't have them think they need another "Real housewives of ...." or some dating game or super nanny thing.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112