+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Project Catwalk

CCL

Re: Project Catwalk

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel;2380120;
    Thanks for the tidbit! I can't believe that he was in the movie. I wonder which is his true passion--acting or designing.
    Nowadays a lot of people do both so...But according to imdb he hasn't acted in a movie or tv show since 2002 and they did say he was in college studying design. So maybe he's made his choice.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

CCL

The third season of Project Catwalk starts tonight at 10 PM (Eastern) on Slice.
    Anyone going to watch?

I am! I watched the last few and loved them. I don't always catch every episode, but I happen to think it's a great little addition to the Project family!

I've got it on the PVR ready to watch.
    "That's Numberwang!"

CCL

It's still too early to tell who is who. But I do have opinions on some of them:

Deb - I felt badly for her in that every other designer seemed to want her out. But her outfit turned out pretty well - it was one of the better ones. Wonder how she will do next week without her patterns, however. She is very loud so I can see how she would be grating to be around 24/7.

The redhead - Angie? Deb's nemesis. She's very annoying. And she's channeling Isabella Blow quite strongly in her personal style, right down to the hat. That kind of annoys me.

Tom - I think he should have gone first. The purple shorts - ugh. Badly made and way too short (unless the model plans on being one of the houseguests on Big Brother). And it was boring to boot.

The Canadians - well, I have to root for them!

The judging - so many judges! I know it is just one more than on Project Runway, but it just seemed like a lot. I guess Julien McDonald didn't want to come back this year? I think Ben di Lisi will do okay but it is maybe a bit unfair that he sees the designs in progress and then goes and judges the outfits. Plus he seems to like to help (ie tell the designers what to do) a lot, and I worry that the contestants will follow his "advice" more now that he is one of the judges. Still he has to be better than the Grazia judge who kept going on about outfits being "inexcusable" last night. Rather much.

I've already watched the whole thing. The internet is my friend. I hated some of the eliminations though.

1st elim-
    Click to see Spoiler:
    The only attractive straight guy. He deserved it though. He couldn't even put a zipper in straight.

Click to see Spoiler:

Jules :'( That green and black dress was beautiful, the only issue was the length. Had it reached the floor it would have clearly been the winner. IMO that is totally forgivable.
    Debbie Debonaire :'( The jacket company said they really liked it, Still she was eliminated
    Fionula :'( the journalist from Vogue.com LOVED her work but she was eliminated WTF?
    Last edited by Dara; 04-13-2008 at 03:43 PM.
    Top Model LARPing! OMG!
    KatarXena Warrior Princess.

Vancouver, by way of The Island of Misfit Toys

Quote Originally Posted by Dara;2915620;
    I've already watched the whole thing. The internet is my friend. I hated some of the eliminations though.

1st elim-
    Click to see Spoiler:
    The only attractive straight guy. He deserved it though. He couldn't even put a zipper in straight.

Click to see Spoiler:

Jules :'( That green and black dress was beautiful, the only issue was the length. Had it reached the floor it would have clearly been the winner. IMO that is totally forgivable.
    Debbie Debonaire :'( The jacket company said they really liked it, Still she was eliminated
    Fionula :'( the journalist from Vogue.com LOVED her work but she was eliminated WTF?
    The 3rd season is by far the best season and the First and second place finishers are soooo awesome!!!
    MAY THE FIERCE BE WITH YOU!
    Morayo Ninalowo called me a "fast bloody snitch" and all I got was this lousy t-shirt?!
    ***I'm gayer than Ikea on Superbowl weekend***

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by funkyfierce;2916748;
    The 3rd season is by far the best season and the First and second place finishers are soooo awesome!!!

Got to agree with you there, best series so far!!! The two finalist were very good but Viv wasn't that great and I think Katy should have been Final 3, even though Viv was workin' the competition at the start!!!

Vancouver, by way of The Island of Misfit Toys

Quote Originally Posted by phily693;2917464;
    Got to agree with you there, best series so far!!! The two finalist were very good but Viv wasn't that great and I think Katy should have been Final 3, even though Viv was workin' the competition at the start!!!
    I totally hated Viv and thik she was waaaay over rated. Aside from the turquois gown she designed for that drag queenish lady, all of her stuff was rather sub par.
    MAY THE FIERCE BE WITH YOU!
    Morayo Ninalowo called me a "fast bloody snitch" and all I got was this lousy t-shirt?!
    ***I'm gayer than Ikea on Superbowl weekend***

I didn't really like any of the final collections.
    I found Chelsea so annoying, banging on about Viv not deserving to be there, all the time.
    I happen to agree with her, Viv probably didn't deserve it, but I'm not sure Chelsea did either.
    I don't think her work was stellar throughout the season.

I'm rather glad the season is over and won't bother catching any reruns.
    "That's Numberwang!"

+ Reply to Thread