+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Project Catwalk

CCL

Re: Project Catwalk

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;2352710;
    Am I just overly nostalgic or is the standard a lot lower this season than last?
    You're not being overly nostalgic.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

I just recently started watching and I find it so interesting to see how different the judging is compared to Project Runway. They make up their decision much before seeing the dresses beside their designer and questioning the designers. I do kind of like how the judges are a bit more brutally honest.

CCL

This seems like it would be one of the competitions:

Always with Silk

Julien McDonald has designed a dress in a campaign for the new Always with Silk (that would be Always maxipads). Rather random. My favourite part is that they've used a picture of him (click on the Julien McDonald link on the right) that is clearly 20 years old and in which he has a shaved head (a marked contrast to his current 'do).

CCL

The more I saw Giles's dress last night the more I liked it. It looked very soft and touchable. I liked Monica's dress as well and I liked the tops of Wayne's and Luke's dresses but not the skirts.
    I would have liked to have Giles in the finals but I guess overall I understand why they picked Luke (based on past performances). I wonder if Luke is so far behind when he does his school work. Thinking back to the beginning of the program I never would have thought that Monica would have made it this far but I'm glad she has.
    They kept throwing things at them last night. You're going to be working at Debenhams right before the shoppers. Stop working and go find something old. Stop working and go borrow something. Argh! It would have driven me crazy.

Once again I think that someone won by default rather than designing something brilliant. I liked Wayne's dress, but it wasn't a wedding dress; not even a non-traditional wedding dress as Holly Willoughby requested. I liked the top part of Luke's dress, but I didn't like the bottom. I really disliked Giles' dress. When I saw that for some reason I thought of Miss Havisham from Great Expectations. Which leaves Monica, who designed a nice dress, even if the judges didn't like the hat. I am glad that Monica did make it to the final. Julian gave her a rough time earlier on, and I thought that she might either be eliminated or quit.
    Wayne's outfits for the finals should be interesting. He seemed to have been a favourite early on and then seemed to have over-reached and tried to put too much into each outfit. I wonder if he will dial it back or go completely overboard, now that he has more time.
    I guess it is fitting that Giles would be the one to leave, since of the four he was the only one not to have won a challenge. On a personal level I would have preferred to see Giles stay instead of Luke. On a designing level I think that Luke has had some good ideas, it's been his execution that has been questionable. Myleene Klass did look good in Luke's dress.
    "The sun rose promptly at dawn."
    Tom Clancy in his novel The Teeth of the Tiger

CCL

Well, it's over.
    Wayne rightfully won. His collection was really nice, if a bit breast-centred (hello double-sided tape!). Very wearable. I even liked his aluminum dress!
    Monika's dress was very over-the-top '80s-style. And it was overkill to have the same top repeated three times, especially when it was matched each time by a cheap-looking plain black skirt. Luke's collection just left me baffled. I loved how they kept cutting to Ben de Lisi looking bewildered.

CCL

A fun fact that I found out about Luke today. Luke was (is?) an actor. He was in the Harry Potter movies playing Lee Jordan (he was the announcer at the quidditch matches).

OMG, I knew I recognized that face.
    I've said to my husband a couple of times, "I've seen that guy before."
    He has a very distinctive mouth and a way of talking.
    I'd never have put two and two together though.

I thought Wayne was the only one that produced anything I'd even consider wearing, with a few modifications.
    Monika's puffy-sleeved blouses did nothing for me and although I'm not fooling myself that I'm Luke's target demographic I wouldn't wear anything he sent down and can't imagine many others would either.

Watching a show like that really drives home the point that there's nothing new under the sun.
    I don't think I saw anything really original among the three shows, or in the glimpses of Julien's show either.

I wanted Monika to win, but I have to admit that Wayne deserved to win. His collection just had more variety than Monika's, although I hated the aluminum dress. I'm glad that it wasn't Luke. I found him annoying and his collection was just too over the top.
    Wayne did have me faked out when he went to his favourite fetish shop for inspiration. I thought that he might design a collection that was designed to shock. Most of his outfits did look wearable.
    "The sun rose promptly at dawn."
    Tom Clancy in his novel The Teeth of the Tiger

Quote Originally Posted by CCL;2376620;
    A fun fact that I found out about Luke today. Luke was (is?) an actor. He was in the Harry Potter movies playing Lee Jordan (he was the announcer at the quidditch matches).
    Thanks for the tidbit! I can't believe that he was in the movie. I wonder which is his true passion--acting or designing.

+ Reply to Thread