+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Shalom in the Home

Shalom in the Home

Shalom in the Home is a weekly one-hour prime-time program that helps families overcome their thorniest problems. The program is hosted by Rabbi Shmuley Boteach, an Oxford-trained theologian and philosopher who’s written a dozen-plus books on relationships and families and counseled thousands of people through difficulties with marriage, parenting, sex and self-worth.

The hallmark of the series will be Shmuley’s insight into relationships, marriage and parenting. In each episode he’ll take one family on an intensive 10-day journey. Using a battery of exercises and technologies, he’ll help them come to terms with their problems and find the skills and resolve they’ll need to improve things. His philosophy is that there is no such thing as bad children. Rather, adults need help to be better individuals, spouses and parents. When our kids act up, it’s time to look in the mirror.

Premieres on April 10 at 10/9c

http://tlc.discovery.com/fansites/shalom/shalom.html
    Chittlins forever y'all!

I watched this last night, and WOW was I taken aback by the screaming mom, Ro. One thing I know for sure is that I love me some Shmuley. He's funny, kind and well-spoken. And his name is so fun to say. Shmuley-Shmuley-Shmuley.

I can't help but wonder how his wife and 8 kids feel being left at home while he's out spreading the Shalom, though.
    I'll do graffiti if you sing to me in French

lol... schmuley cracks me up. i just love his personality and all of his comments. do you know anything about tonight's episode? i'm planning to check it out...

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    Benjamin Franklin.

FORT Fogey
    Ro was insane. She was ranting and stressing out even when they were just role playing.

yeah, she was pretty out there... but its good for the families to assess themselves and realize what they are doing to each other and themselves... her behavior def explains some of the daughter's problems imo.

Benjamin Franklin.

giz
    I keep forgetting that it's on. So I just got the last 20 minutes last night. I've seen it other weeks though. I like Schmuly, he's just got so much common sense. I seem to recall there was a bit of controversy over how he self-promoted while at Oxford, but I like him. He's got loads of energy, and pretty sensible insights. I wish he'd tie it in a little more with Torah, but I'm still enjoying it. (On that note, a great Talmudic scholar - Lithuanian I think - said when asked to explain the Torah to a student "Be kind, all the rest is commentary".)

Was that RO that was screaming all the time? I would not put up with that for anything. I know a Rabbi just like that one.. hehhehee
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

i agree... i think schmuley is what really sets this show apart. he seems to be very logical about things and gives people a new perspective on their family interactions.

Benjamin Franklin.

I've been watching re-runs of this, and I just have to say I LOVE,LOVE, LOVE Shmuley and his show. There are times when I'm dealing with conflict, and I think to myself, "WWSD?" It's amazing some of the changes he's able to get these families to make. I also really appreciate that he's orthodox but not a homophobe.

Now, if only he could come to my house and help me with my problem cat. He scratches on the furniture, and I don't want to get him declawed, but it's ruining our relationship. Shmuley would be perfect, but somehow I don't think he'd be up for this one.
    "I've got soul, but I'm not a soldier." The Killers.

FORT Newbie
    The first season was such a success that Shmuley was recently invited to share his knowledge on The Oprah Winfrey Show, and now Shalom in the Home is beginning its second season. The show is currently looking for families who are struggling with one of the following issues:

Difficult relationships with in-laws

A child who constantly bullies other children

Interfaith couples approaching their wedding day

A family who has just had a member returned to it from the war in Iraq

Tension between a father and his teenage daughter

Over-involved/over-scheduled children

Protective parents and their children who can't understand it

Mother with an infidelity issue from the past

Group of roommates who keep each other from finding love

Families who home-school their children

Interested readers can contact our casting department at 646.763.8189 x 227 or send an email to rscarff@diverseusa.tv.

+ Reply to Thread