+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New Reality Show "Game Show Marathon" Coming To CBS

TheFutonCritic.com is reporting that CBS has announced that "Game Show Marathon" will premiere on Wednesday, May 31. Here is the article below.

GAMESHOW MARATHON, hosted by Emmy Award-nominee Ricki Lake ("The Ricki Lake Show") and based on the hit U.K. game show "Ant & Dec's Gameshow Marathon," will be broadcast twice weekly for two weeks beginning Wednesday, May 31 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) and Thursday, June 1 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) and the following week Wednesday (6/7) and Thursday (6/8) before settling in to its weekly regularly scheduled Thursday (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) time period on June 15.

GAMESHOW MARATHON features six celebrity contestants competing in a weekly elimination-style tournament in which they play different classic game shows each episode including "The Price Is Right," "Let's Make a Deal," "Beat the Clock," "Press Your Luck," "Card Sharks," "Match Game" and "Family Feud." Celebrities participating include Tim Meadows ("Saturday Night Live"), Leslie Nielsen ("Airplane"), Kathy Najimy ("Sister Act"), Lance Bass (N Sync), Paige Davis ("Trading Spaces") and Brande Roderick ("Baywatch"). A champion will be crowned at the end of the competition. In addition, the program will include a viewer participation element whereby they will have a chance to win the celebrity's grand prize each episode through a wireless (text message) trivia game that enters viewers into a sweepstakes. GAMESHOW MARATHON is produced by FremantleMedia North America and Granada Entertainment USA. Cecile Frot-Cruz, Paul Jackson and Stuart Krasnow are executive producers.
    I am excited about this show. It sounds like it will be really fun to watch. I wonder if this show will catch on in the ratings like the other celebrity reality shows?

Cool! this sounds fun. And my mom watches anything on CBS lol. So i'll be watching.
    Favorite Reality Tv Quote Ever:
    "You have to do it. You have to accomplish your dreams." - Charla, The Amazing Race 5

Really cool to see celebs playing these games we used to watch but I wondered why they only have 6 celebs participating because there were so many more in the audience durning The Price is Right.

Two words for how bad this turned to be:

Ricki. Lake.

She sucked hard, so it did too.

And I wanted to see Betty White play! Why have a slam-dunk star like Betty in the audience and not use her?

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

As much as Ricki Lake makes me want to puke (and not just a normal puke, but one with little chunks and maybe some blood in it), I might suffer and watch tonight, because it will be one of my very most favorite game shows--Card Sharks.

Is Card Sharks worth potentially puking blood and putting up with 45 minutes of stomach churning totally inappropriate whiny peppy nasally uncharismatic Ricki Lake banter?

I'm thinking.

I caught a few minutes of their "Beat The Clock" show and I have to say I was entertained for the moments when Ricki was off camera and silent.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Quote Originally Posted by Krom View Post
    Two words for how bad this turned to be:

Ricki. Lake.

She sucked hard, so it did too.

And I wanted to see Betty White play! Why have a slam-dunk star like Betty in the audience and not use her?

My son was *so* ticked off that Betty White didn't get to play!!! He loves the Golden Girls and wanted to see her!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama View Post
    My son was *so* ticked off that Betty White didn't get to play!!! He loves the Golden Girls and wanted to see her!
    I saw her in the previews for one of the celebrities for Match Game which of course makes sense. That's one of my favorite game shows and I can't wait to see it. I've been watching the reruns on GSN and Betty White is one of my favorites. I'm glad they got her to do this.

Tonight was Match Game, the most fun game show in existence ever, so I watched.

But I SO want to assassinate Ricki Lake whenever she cheers or says "yay" in the middle of the show. A host doesn't do that. Ever. And live. :-(

Betty White being there leads me to the theory (and it is common with game shows) that maybe this whole mishpucha, as my granny would have called it, was shot in one day.

It was good enough that I want Match Game to return WITHOUT Ricki and with some decent host to hold the special extra skinny microphone. Let Bruce Villanch stay, he's a freak but perfect for this show. George Foreman works. And come on.. if they could get Kathy Griffen ongoing it would be great. And Betty White isn't exactly that busy, other than the occasional Boston Legal guest shot. Go ahead do it. Just dump Lake in a lake first. Yay! (clapping hands Ricki style)

god what an awful show. I only lasted 10 minutes of the Match Game segment. Gene Rayburn must be turning over in his grave. I was a faithful Match Game viewer in the 70's

Quote Originally Posted by lasvegasfan View Post
    god what an awful show. I only lasted 10 minutes of the Match Game segment. Gene Rayburn must be turning over in his grave. I was a faithful Match Game viewer in the 70's
    Ah, but you could almost see the potential if SOMEBODY WHO DIDN'T SUCK was hosting it. I actually enjoyed the six celebs (vs. the ones faking being players, who I hated). There ARE people out there who could do the hosting job for this justice. Sure, they won't be Gene, and Gene is worthy of plenty of everlasting respect, but this show needs to come back. Just as FAR from "Yay-Meister" Lake as possible.

I think you need to go non-traditional and use a good stand-up comic. But they can't act like a stuffed dummy, like Howie Mandel on "Deal or No Deal"--the host of "Match Game '07" (for argument's sake we will call it that) would have to be very quick on their feet, and very interactive with the stars. More than saying "Yay" and jumping up and down like Ricki Lake, I mean.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast