+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ANTM’s Nigel Barker Appeals For Plus Size Applicants, 3/1/06

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by mom2 View Post
    IF they are begging for plus sized models ... then be sure to have clothes on the racks that will FIT THEM! Tocarra's dilemma comes to mind. No wonder she lost some of her 'personality', she was encouraged to be there but not given the same consideration by TPTB meeting basic necessities for a model. That still hacks me off when I think about it. Look at her now, though.
    ICAM

You can't have a plus-sized girl and then not give her the chance to do her best. Deliberately sending her places where there are NO CLOTHES THAT FIT HER - is deliberate sabotage.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by rikyrah View Post
    ICAM

You can't have a plus-sized girl and then not give her the chance to do her best. Deliberately sending her places where there are NO CLOTHES THAT FIT HER - is deliberate sabotage.
    I agree. Tyra always says she loves plus sized models, but it seems they never really get a chance on the show.

also, they want to winner to be able to do hi-fashion/haute couture and I'm sorry but you just don't see women over a certain size doing haute couture runway shows. I think first antm should decide what it wants from the winner.

OK, I just skimmed the article BUT:

1. Fans of this show know that a plus size model will not make it when the judges and contests and marketing, etc., are geared toward the size 0/6 ft model. I think it would be a great idea to have a plus size show and they should do it but could you imagine if one of the contestants was that 0/6 model trying to wrap the larger clothes around her or being told after losing the challenges you're too skinny, here eat this cheeseburger? It's a waste of time unless the modeling world fuses the plus size and the 0 size together and to my knowledge that hasn't happened yet and isn't going to happen. Tyra needs to approach people in the industry who are OK with larger women if she's going to continue to combine skinny/plus models. That's the problem so what a joke for Mr. Nigel to even bring this up.

2. I know I might be going out on a limb here but I'm going anyway: I've seen some of the pictures that I thought looked great but then the "judging" comes around and they use a picture that's at best awkward and at worst - well, the worst. And, yes, I wasn't there but I did see them on the TV, at least in passing so I don't agree with Mr. J about the pictures.

ANTM wants plus sized women to apply? Oh that's rich. because they've been so accomadating and supportive toward the larger women who've been on the show. Please. The modeling industry craves girls who have bodies like boys. Actaul women need not apply.
    " I'm a Republican. I only seem liberal because I believe hurricanes are caused by high barometric pressure, not gay marriage."- Will Macavoy The Newsroom

Quote Originally Posted by redsox girl View Post
    ANTM wants plus sized women to apply? Oh that's rich. because they've been so accomadating and supportive toward the larger women who've been on the show. Please. The modeling industry craves girls who have bodies like boys. Actaul women need not apply.
    Just because a woman is built differently doesn't make her any less of a woman.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12