+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reality Log-jam

Reality Log-jam

So tonight, Thursday February 23rd, 2006, we've got a real reality TV logjam.

Olympics vs. Survivor vs. Dancing With The Stars vs. American Idol (with a side helping of Skating with Celebrities).

What's your game plan for tonight?

I'm going to video tape Survivor, watch Idol live (even though all we really need is the last 10 minutes) while flipping with Dancing, and then watch the last hour of Dancing. Olympics can be watched on late-nite, when they reshow a lot of the better events. Skating with Celebs go go hang (it's a repeat anyway, apparently).

Anyone have a significantly different game plan?

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Krom, I'm actually cancelling a date cause of the log-jam

My gameplan is to go with the late late night Olympic coverage on the DVR and just try my dangdest to close my eyes and ears to spoilers (why I dunno, but I want to watch it unfold even if it's an entire day later). For the primetime spots I'm DVR'ing Dancing and AI since they have the most recap moments and commercials...I'll do Survivor live from the other room since this tv is jammed up with the 2 DVR channels.

I'm just thankful my date is understanding and willing to take a raincheck till tomorrow.

My plan is to FLIP FLIP FLIP from one show to the other. I have picture in picture, so that helps a little. My tivo isn't hooked up right, so I cannot tape a show while watching another. I know how the Olympics turns out (thanks to CBC) so my quandry is which is worth more of my time.

Quote Originally Posted by libra1022 View Post
    Krom, I'm actually cancelling a date cause of the log-jam
    You told me you had to wash your hair?!

I'm taping Survivor and watching AI. I might catch some Olympics since this is the big night for figure skating. <---did I just say that out loud?
    You got to cry without weeping. Talk without speaking. Scream without raising your voice.- U2

I am planning to watch Survivor live and DVR AI. I am going to watch the Olympics after Survivor and if I miss some I am going to do like Libs and DVR it late night and try to avoid all spoilers for the ladies figure skating.

Premium Member
    So nice to see I'm not the only one facing such a quandry this evening. Reality tv log jam, indeed!! I swear, on Thursday evenings my power bill skyrockets.

I shall be watching Survivor, recording Dancing with the Stars on the DVR, and checking in on American Idol during the commercial breaks, unless I break down and record it on the VCR, old school style. Just glad CSI is a repeat and My Name is Earl and The Office aren't on this week, so I can watch Skating with Celebrities and not worry about having to record anything else at 9pm. Oh wait, Skating w/Celebrities is a repeat? Scratch that off the list, then. Guess I'll tune in to some NBC coverage of the Olympics.

Can I just say it is this time of the year when I totally appreciate our friends in the great white north - Thank you, CBC! Canadians rock! I watch a lot of the Olympic games, and 90% of that viewing is via the CBC coverage.

Another log-jam night. 9PM.

First ep. of weary old "The Apprentice", LAST episode of weary old "The Bachelor", or (gasp!) a key episode of non-reality "24"?

8PM is more reality, but less compelling shows. "Skating With Lame Celebrities" vs. "Deal or No Deal" vs. "Wife Swap".

CBS is all sitcoms tonight.

8PM I don't care much about. 9PM is a problem, because as lame and weary as two of those shows are, I want to see all three of those shows. Best I can do is tape "24", watch "The Apprentice" and watch the LAST hour of "The Bachelor" starting at 10PM. Then again, maybe this is no big deal. Is anything going to actually happen in the first hour of "The Bachelor"? I bet not.
    Last edited by Krom; 02-27-2006 at 07:30 PM.

Ha. Logjammed AGAIN. A key 90 min 8PM Idol episode overlaps the premiere 2 hour 9PM episode of Amazing Race (stupid FOX!), and is only slightly troubled by the 8PM Deal or No Deal.

To hell with it. I'm watching Gilmore Girls, taping ALL of Idol so as to not have to watch it in spurts, and watching "Race" live. So there, you mean programmers! Deal or No Deal can go hang.

The heck?

The Amazing Race 9 - CBS - 8PM-9PM
    Deal or No Deal - NBC - 8PM-9PM
    America's Next Top Model - UPN - 8PM-9PM
    American Idol - FOX - 8:30PM-9:30PM
    Unan1mous - FOX - 9:30PM-10PM

Not to mention non-reality, like Lost - ABC - 9PM-10PM

This is a totally insane arrangement of reality shows. Just somehow watching TAR, Idol and Lost will be a real trial.

Quote Originally Posted by Krom View Post
    The heck?

The Amazing Race 9 - CBS - 8PM-9PM
    Deal or No Deal - NBC - 8PM-9PM
    America's Next Top Model - UPN - 8PM-9PM
    American Idol - FOX - 8:30PM-9:30PM
    Unan1mous - FOX - 9:30PM-10PM

Not to mention non-reality, like Lost - ABC - 9PM-10PM

This is a totally insane arrangement of reality shows. Just somehow watching TAR, Idol and Lost will be a real trial.
    The crazy thing is I watch all of the shows you listed, except Unan1mous. Thank goodness I have two DVRs. It's the only way I could keep up with all these shows. I wish networks would be more agressive with weekend scheduling. I don't see why Fridays and Saturdays are being neglected.
    Strength does not come from physical capacity, it comes from an indomitable will. - Mahatma Ghandi

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast