+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Reality Log-jam

Re: Reality Log-jam

Tonight's Reality Logjam:

Big Brother 9 vs. Biggest Loser vs. American Idol vs. Dancing With The Stars vs. Beauty and the Geek

And this isn't just "across the night". ALL of these will be on simultaneously in the 9PM-10PM slot except for Beauty and the Geek (although Biggest Loser and Idol are both 2 hours and will be on 8PM as well).

OUCH!

At exactly 7:59:59 this board will start to have a coronary. And at 8:59:59 this board will self destruct!

I suppose if we include Cable too, we can add in: The Real Housewives of New York City and Rock of Love, although I think those might be repeats.
    Last edited by Krom; 03-18-2008 at 07:24 PM.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Simple for me. I don't watch Big Brother, American Idol, or Beauty and the Geek, and I'm only mildly interested in the Biggest Loser so am perfectly content to catch it in reruns if I happen to see it while channel surfing. So DWtS is the only show there that I watch. So easy choice here
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

Easy here too. BatG. What else is on again?

ETA: Tomorrow night. Now that's different. Survivor buttin' heads with ANTM. Have a pre-arranged engagement to attend also. Can't record both. Thankfully ANTM is re-broadcast here on Sundays on a sister channel.
    Last edited by Tribal Speak; 03-18-2008 at 07:43 PM.

I think I'm going to stick to the plan of watching Idol and flipping with DWTS (wow--was it actually 2 years ago I had to first consider this kind of choice?).

Although I actually anticipate enjoying a few of the female DWTS contestants this year (vs. the male ones, who I already haven't), I'm a bit more vested in Idol at this point.

Rather than bother to try and tape, at least this time around there are options to watch stuff online that didn't exist two years ago. Beauty and the Geek, which occasionally is actually interesting, if deeply flawed, appears to have full episodes streamed online right from the CW's website. Not so for Biggest Loser though, shame on NBC.

Fox, I believe, streams JUST the singing performances from Idol online--which is actually fine with me. Who needs the other stuff? But as I said, I AM committed to watching Idol live, so I won't be needing that. Someone else might.

ABC appears to have full DWTS episodes streaming, but you have to use some custom control that only works on Windows. Although its not obvious from anything I type here, I actually shed Windows a few years ago and use Linux, and this is the first time in YEARS I've seen a major website require Windows. And I ain't booting up that 2nd computer I usually keep off JUST for this. Another route would seem to be YouTube. Whatever the actual legality, it seems like ABC doesn't aggressively chase down people who post DWTS performances there, and the lovely "My Ox Is Broken" website always seems to point to all of the appropriate DWTS YouTube clips.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

what are you watching? iguanachocolate's Avatar

i dvr'd idol and biggest loser and then watched BB on our upstairs tv, which has no dvr or vcr. my puppy was not happy, as she is not allowed in that room!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12