+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 18 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: 8th & Ocean

8th & Ocean

Want to know what the high-stakes, competitive world of modeling is really like? You're invited to drop by 8th & Ocean. Deep in the heart of Miami's hot South Beach, ten professional models live together in a beachfront apartment complex, each trying to make their way in a glamorous yet very demanding industry. From the fading star afraid her time has passed to the naïve newbie testing her moral limits to the party boy searching for true love, 8th & Ocean shows you the hard work and human drama behind the glossy fashion spreads.

8th & Ocean premieres Tuesday, March 7 at 10:30 p.m. ET/PT.

I am SO totally ready for this show to air! It's from the creators of laguna beach, and the LB is my favorite show. But 8th deals with models, and i'm obsessed with modeling also (i love ANTM) Let's just say this looks like Laguna Beach mixed in with ANTM and Manhunt.

The Cast

Adrian

This handsome Chilean has all the goods to make it as a model, actor and singer. Problem is, he just can't seem to follow through on anything. Maybe his sweet tooth and daily overdose of café con leche make him a bit too hyper. How many opportunities will he squander before it's too late?

Brianna

At 21, this army brat has lived all over the world, and is wise beyond her years. The style-queen of the group, she's on the verge of landing a campaign that will take her career to the next level. Maybe that's why she's glued to her Sidekick 24/7. All she needs is a little luck. But luck is the one thing she can't control.

Britt

A home-schooled preacher's daughter from a huge, close-knit Kansas City family, Britt finds her devout Christian values put to the test by the decadent SOBE lifestyle. Although her goal in modeling is to follow in her parents footsteps and raise money for children's charities, temptation is always there. Will success cause her to turn her back on her beliefs?

Kelly

This St. Petersburg native is a true Florida girl. In fact, she's never even seen snow. Tall, blonde and 21, Kelly is used to getting what she wants and being in the spotlight, especially where her twin sister Sabrina is concerned. Can her ambition and drive keep her on top--or will it all backfire?

Sabrina

Sabrina is not the most adventurous --she hasn't even tried sushi yet. Moreover, she has lived in her twin sister Kelly's shadow ever since they were kids. But if she wants to advance her career and thrive in front of the camera, she'll have to venture out and find an identity of her own.

Sean

Things sure have gotten more glamorous for this local boy since he was discovered taking out the trash at Arby's. Although he's a successful working model, this natural-born comedian always seems to have his fingers in a few different pies. When he's not getting his hustle on, he's lightening the mood with his irrepressible sense of humor.

Talesha

Brash, beautiful and extremely ambitious, Talesha wants it all and will stop at nothing to get it. Her experience as a member of a girl group gave her a taste of the spotlight, and she wants to make sure she stays in it. A pro in front of the camera and a diva behind it, this Florida native brings major drama wherever she goes.

Teddy

Discovered after entering a modeling competition on a whim back home in Niagara Falls, this 19-year-old is now living the Miami dream -- model style. Sure, he doesn't get to snowboard much anymore, but the local party scene definitely agrees with him. While Teddy has his pick of the women, what he really wants is to fall in love. If he could just find that special someone. Beauty is plentiful but love is slim on this beach.

Tracie

This is one model who knows her way around the gym -- and the kitchen. Known as the chef of the group, she can whip up a great meal in minutes. Now in her mid-twenties, Atlanta-native Tracie is the most experienced model of the cast. She must now figure out, alongside much younger models, the challenges of transitioning into the next phase of her career. Can she do it?

Vinci

This Puerto Rican transplant is one of the most in-demand models in Miami--despite his arrogant and difficult behavior he books the gigs time after time although he is known to be a no-show to many. Vinci's good-looking and he knows it--so what if his agency constantly has to apologize for him? Time will tell if even Vinci can go too far...

Irene

As owner of The Irene Marie agency, Irene plays mother to her models, overseeing their careers and advising them professionally, letting her bookers take care of the day-to-day. Make no mistake, however, the agency is a business first to Irene and any model who steps out of line or fails to perform will find their jobs in jeopardy.

I am already <3ing Brianna. Her look is so international.
    I think I'll make avatars later on. ~
    Last edited by Coconut Oil; 02-18-2006 at 12:07 AM.

Vinci in IM catalog

Vinci can be seen in the new International Male catalog... check them out!
    Huh? Oh, you talkin' to me? Sorry, I didn't hear you.

Ooooh I can't wait! I saw a brief commercial for this show over the weekend but it was only a taste, thanks for the introduction Coconut Oil!
    "We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are." ~Anais Nin

"Sometimes the heart sees what is invisible to the eye." ~H. Jackson Brown Jr

Vinci looks yummy....lol cant wait to see the show

I wonder which one of the twins have the acne problem. The commercial for the show looks really good although I wish they had a modeling show in NY instead of Miami but I guess models in Miami are more relateable than models in NY.

Traci totally looks like she's the down-to-earth model of the group, and with her experience she probably will be the one to have the stern, but honest talks one on one with people.
    I can't wait!!!!

Can't wait to see this one.

you can check out pics of the models at www.irenemarie.com. It seems like all of the models are still with this agency.

Beautyisnotcaused, It is! Kepi37's Avatar
    i saw the Britt girl in the big poster hangie things in the window of the buckle at the mall

Yep, Britt is in a Buckle ad. I don't like her smile, she looks evil.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 18 1234567891011 ... LastLast