+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jack Osbourne: Adrenaline Junkie

Jack Osbourne: Adrenaline Junkie

I watched this show last night and it was very good. It's three episodes on the Travel Channel, so its a mini-series of sorts. It follows Jack after he comes out of rehab. He goes through six months of extreme physical training (training for and entering a kickboxing fight in Thailand, ice-climbing in the Alps, etc) in order to prepare to climb the granite face of El Capitain in California. The scenery, visits from Ozzy,and watching Jack go from chubby kid to a lean, muscled teenager all made it worth watching. The next time I see it on the schedule is this Sunday (jan 8) from 12pm-3pm.

"Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Huh. I think I'll check this one out. I remember disliking Jack on the first season of the Osbournes. He seemed very immature and whiny. Now I wonder if the drug use was affecting his behavior. So I guess I tune in to see if he is a sober brat as well. Thanks for the heads up, Stargazer.
    ]

Thanks Stargazer! I just looked it up on the TIVO and am ready to record! I remember hearing something about this a while back, but had totally forgotten about it.
    Always looking for cat treats!

Breathe out, so I can breathe you in...

I nearly tuned in last night, but was distracted by a very busy DVR and tons of paperwork...thanks for the reccomendation and replay times Star! I'm all set to go for tomorrow afternoon.

You're welcome guys. If you like travel shows, like I do, the scenery in the second and third episodes, in particular, is just breathtaking.

Quote Originally Posted by Onyx View Post
    He seemed very immature and whiny.
    He's still pretty whiny, but I thought it was cool to see that even when he was whining, he'd still push on. He really does seem to have matured quite a bit by the end. I'm always a sucker for a series that showcases what appears to be a life-changing experience.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Wow, Star, I was thinking, "sheesh enough already with the Osbournes," but this at least this sounds completely different. And it could be fun watching him whine. I love travel shows, too, and extreme sports, so I look forward to catching this. Thanks.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

Thanks for the heads up, Star! I seem to remember seeing a commercial for this, but it didn't really register. I'd love to see Jack get his life together and stop the cycle of substance abuse. I'm programming a reminder for tomorrow so I can watch this.

Now if only Kelly Osborne would get herself together I really don't see her as the "find myself by climbing a mountain" type!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    I don't get the Travel Channel so I'll live vicariously thru you guys on this one!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

I just finished watching the 3 episodes, and found them really enjoyable. It's AMAZING what Jack did, he really worked hard. I have read that he's kept up the rock-climbing. I'm glad to hear that he's on a clean, sober path, and found something that interests him.

The parts of the show with Sharon & Ozzy at the end are really touching.
    Always looking for cat treats!

Breathe out, so I can breathe you in...

I haven't caught any episodes yet but I am sure they will repeat. It is great that he was able to overcome. Let's just hope he stays that way.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast