+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Daddy's Spoiled Little Girl

Im ready for my closeup.. Tallulahbaby's Avatar

Daddy's Spoiled Little Girl

This show is on WE . Its fun to watch. If you liked watching My Sweet Sixteen with those obnoxious rich kids, you'll like this show with grown girls acting like spoiled brats.

The episode with the Diamond family...that father was frightning.
    And the Urata family...those girls needed to be beaten they were so annoying and spoiled.
    Coco Magdalena made her debut Sept 2, 2006 7lbs 1oz!!!

"Daddy warned me about Men and Booze, but didn't say anything about Women and Cocaine" - Tallulah Bankhead

Glad someone began this thread.

I actually liked the Diamond dad, although I think he ignored his other daughter (and son? did he have a son? see what I mean...) way too much, and the preoccupation with how the Spoiled daughter looked could cause probs for her later in life... No man will ever treat her with as much laser beam focused 24 hour attention as "Daddy". So he's failing her as a Dad IMO - but as a buddy... I'm sure he's fun.

I read that Diamond Dad was very ill recently - this may all be some type of reaction to that. Life's short, live it up. Seems like that to me anyway. OTOH he was at least encouraging her to express herself... although I wonder if by now she knows what her own opinions are any more...

The family with the girl who wants to sing? Ok, it's great they love and believe in her so much. BUT her coaches are ripping them off, bigtime. She was off key and way overdressed for that contest, and I hate to say it, but with a middling talent, she needs to look a lot better before she has a chance to compete in show biz. She is cute and all but to be a superstar like she wants? She needs a diet and a makeover. That's terrible, but true, I think.

Those are the only ones I've seen so far in the show.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Was the Diamond family the one with the overly tan (or jaundiced), seemingly alcoholic dad who talked about how his daughter's "t!ts" looked in a dress he was buying her?? If so, there seemed to be something relatively unhealthy about their relationship. I think it is inappropriate for a father to verbally evaluate his daughter's body like that. He was more like her sugar daddy. That really bothered me.

About the family with the daughter who wants to sing..........that's where we get the American Idol types that are shown in the first Idol shows. They are there to show off their singing "talents" because their parents told them that they could sing!

Can't you just hear it? Simon says, "Why do you think you can sing when you clearly cannot?" Contestant says, "I CAN TOO SING.........MY MOMMA TOLD ME THAT I COULD!!!" ....and storms out crying into Momma and Daddy's waiting arms! Good Grief.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Im ready for my closeup.. Tallulahbaby's Avatar
    Okay hear is some crazy crazy reality news....

The newest episode of DSLG...is the Jones family. The daughter is Rochelle, who is he step daughter of Cuba Gooding Sr. (of the Main Ingredient) and her other "father" is comedian Paul Mooney (plays Negrodamus on Chappelle Show.) But her is the kicker...her sister is Stacey J. from The Apprentice. You know, crazy Stacey!!!! I couldnt figure out why this girl looked so familiar...she looks just like Stacey J. They look like twins!!! Except Rochelle is a bit prettier, well kinda.
    It was crazy....And Stacey is all in the episode too. So Cuba Gooding Jr. is Stacey J's stepbrother!!!!!!!!
    Coco Magdalena made her debut Sept 2, 2006 7lbs 1oz!!!

"Daddy warned me about Men and Booze, but didn't say anything about Women and Cocaine" - Tallulah Bankhead

I thought it was Stacey J. when they showed a preview of the show! Interesting!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Yes, the Diamond dad was the one with the very dark 'tan'. I read that he was just recovered from a serious long illness... maybe cancer?? His fake tan might've been to cover up traces of a long illness.

I got the feeling he's stuck in the 1970s... all the 'baby' slang and the partying non stop, the philosophies like 'express yourself' etc., those aren't necessarily overdone but when expressed continually they speak to hiding from the darker side of life. Life isn't a continual party.... it's OK for now but what happens to her if he's gone? Will she be able to accept anything less, or be depressed at how empty life is without him? So to do that is in a way selfish. He should be showing her more of life than parties.

That said - I did still like him... at least he's encouraging her, etc. But the comments on her body should be shelved. That wasn't healthy. And the ignoring of his other kids... also not good.

The singing daughter of the other family seemed like she will also be ill prepared for life. Someone needs to be honest with her. Emperor's New Clothes comes to mind.

Exactly!

But I still didn't like that Diamond dad. Wonder if his sickness was liver related? Encouraging her was one thing.....he was "something else". I actually felt sorry for him. And him paying more attention to her than his other children...........sicK and worrisome...............to me.

I loved your Emperor's New Clothes comparison. Spot on!

+ Reply to Thread