+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Celebrity Fit Club Season 3

Quote Originally Posted by chris56789 View Post

Bruce looks like Sally Jesse Ralpheal after a thousand ding dongs.

Bruce and Bizarre are seriously overweight but they can come back and really turn it around. This is going to sound really weird but this health guru once told me that just because someone is morbidly obese doesn't mean they're the unhealthiest, in fact he said they can have a lot of stamina because there are a lot of people who couldn't gain that kind of weight and function at all. Case in point, my aunt, she is at least 350. Her cholesterol is 156, blood pressure is frequently 90/60, pulse, etc. etc. are all well within normal ranges. We have the same doctor and naturally she tells her to lose the weight but they're not recommending anything drastic like gastric bypass or anything. I think the seriousness of it is truly a case by case basis.

Countess is so cute, I hope she gets her cover!
    "We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are." ~Anais Nin

"Sometimes the heart sees what is invisible to the eye." ~H. Jackson Brown Jr

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Geez,

I remember when Countess Vaughn was a little kid on some talent competition that was hosted by, I think, Ed McMahon. She had a powerful voice and looked, virtually, the same! I'm not surprised to learn that she has a thyroid problem, from looking at her eyes. I know people with the same condition, and their eyes are like hers.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I'm not completely insane quanahg's Avatar
    jman, yes, that's countess from 227. she as a brat. i remember she used to always wear headbands. i used to wear headbands a lot also.
    be kind to me, or treat me mean. i'll make the most of it, i'm an extraordinary machine. (Fiona Apple)

Graves disease can cause buggy eyes like that... but I wish they'd say what she has. I hate when they say half of the situation, after all, they are inviting us to peek into their lives. Cough it up. LOL

At least she was able to have a child... so it can't be too dire yet at least. That's good (thyroid probs can interfere with fertility).

I freeze framed TiVo on the newspaper articles about Chastity and Jeff Conaway. They both battled prescription drugs it sounds like. Jeff's DUI's sounded fairly "minor" as far as celebrity DUI's go. Before anyone jumps on me - I do not take a DUI lightly at all. Just saying I've heard worse - he isn't a monster. I think one article said he ran a stop sign and another one said he hit a bicycler. The man's leg was broken. Still, there've been celebs who have killed pedestrians and gotten off with a fine. What I'm saying is, I wish he'd stop tormenting himself. He's not a monster.

I always found Bruce Vilanch hard to look at - sorry. I paid to see "Let's Get Bruce!" a documentary about him and the stars he writes comedy for. Don't ever see that and sit in the front row - and see his face in super closeup ten feet tall. Hate to sound horrible but I got sick! He does this thing with his tongue and it was all coated and white... blegh. Trivia though - he and his mom are very close and he is adopted.

I agree Kelly is still gorgeous, and she went through a lot in her marriage/divorce. Rumors of his beating her and of his cheating w/their teenage babysitter. What a toad!

She does seem in great shape from trekking around her ranch all the time. I think she did gain weight as a psychological protection. Having exited one abusive relationship I think she didn't want to be tempted to get into another one... and in L.A. all that takes is to gain 40 lbs. Well, and being 40 also doesn't help. Which both are absurd but that's how it happens out here

I hope Chastity finds her voice, I mean literally. Be great if she got healthy and got a career going! She is a strong person... she strikes me as holding in anger though. I recall reading an interview in which Cher said she thought the only way Chastity could rebel, having a mom who dressed like her was to take zero interest in fashion and dress down all the time. I think Chastity also rebelled by walking away from her music career and by doing any type of drugs. Cher is very anti drug or alcohol abuse. But it's great they are closer now.

I'm not sure how well Biz will do since his boss made him go on the show.

Chris, ROFL on the Sally Jesse eating ding dongs comment.

I don't understand Weight before and Afters or number...
    Every season I look at the Celebs that are roughly my height, and roughly my weight.. And we never have similar body types

I was standing in the Check out yesterday and I saw on a magazine cover a woman who went from like 227 pounds to like 103 pounds. And her before and after photo was there. Now, the thing is, Her After photo looked nice. She wore 103 pounds very well.. She was not freakishly thin. So I Imgained she must have been very short. 5 foot 3 or something. HOWEVER Her before photo looked just like me! And I am 6 feet tall and weigh 10 pounds less than that. So maybe she is tallish after all. But I suffered from Annorexia and Bulima for years when I was a teen.. and at my Hospital Bound Thinnest.. Ribs and bones, I was still like 140 pounds.. at 103 pounds I would be a dead girl!
    The numbers confuse me. I think the numbers were exxaggerated at both the hig and low end.. It's the only way that could work.

Sorry for all the spelling errors. I wanted to get this in in the 5 seconds before the baby work up
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Maybe there is a difference in frame size? Same height, same weight, different frames will carry different. People of same height and same weight can also carry weight that is distributed differently. Lots of variables can come into play for things you think should be the same. And, when you're talking about comparing yourself to a picture, let us not forget tha "A"-word.....Airbrushing! Oh, but if we could airbrush before we walked out the door...!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Don't I know it!
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

Bruce Vilanch... he's hilarious, dangerously out of shape and overweight, and always seems to be in a good mood. I'm definitely getting a Phil Margera vibe from him. I just hope he is as successful as Phil was in developing a healthy lifestyle.

I think Bizzare's comments about "women loving his stomach" were part of his music star bravado image. I remember seeing him on a episode of Punk'd in which he teared up a little when a police officer accused him of stealing. He strikes me as being really sweet. He and Chas are my early favorites.
    ]

1/8/06 - ep 2 - the early show

VH1 is showing CFC3 at 11am at least here on the East coast. If you don't want to read this until 9pm I will just write further down the column cause I do not want to spoil this for anyone.
    Oh, my God, I can't believe Jeff Conaway. No one acts like that on 2 benedryl. At my worse, when my allergies were really bad and I could pop 5 sudafeds at one time I never acted like that. You even become immune to the sleepy side effect. I truly hope he gets help. This is also the earliest that I think we have ever seen any of the contestents blow up.

Everyone but Jeff was successfull in their weight goals. The other contestents are very low key in comparison to Jeff. Chas's Team is very cohesive. Its funny how that always works out. Both women on Jeff's Team , Kelly Lebrock and Tempest are outspoken about Jeff's behaviour. I think we will be seeing some issues with Tempest next week. Ah, the head of the black diva stereotype will be seen.

Last season it looks as if everyone was doing Nutrisystem and this season they have switched to another program. The majority of the folks went all vegan (no meat, all fruit and vegetables) on Dr Ian's Smash Diet. I do wish they would explain that a bit more. Oh, Gunnar Peterson, a Hollywood trainer, did a food intervention with Bizarre. That was fun. I did like how Gunnar said to read labels and if you can not pronouce it don't eat it. I also like how Bizarre said that his mom went on the diet with him and is going on walks with him to lose weight. Way to go, Mom.

Well, everyone, but one was successfull, but almost everyone is the first week. I am waiting for the excuses from week 2 when reality sets in. See you then.

+ Reply to Thread