+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Deal or No Deal (U.S. and all international versions)

Quote Originally Posted by stinkerbell View Post
    Did anyone see the rest of Monday's episode on Friday? There was a flight attendant who was kicking butt, and before they ended the show, she had almost the whole left side of the board gone. How did she end up doing?
    Stinkerbell, she was offered $187,000 at one point, but kept going since she hadn't opened the million yet. She opened the million next. The final 2 cases were a penny and $5,000, and she ended up with $5,000. She should have taken the $187,000. The next guy (a military guy) was doing pretty good and the show ended. I think he still had $200,000, $300,000, and a couple low amounts left. It was a good episode.

If you would like to see the episode, CNBC repeats it during the week.

Quote Originally Posted by realityINXS View Post
    Stinkerbell, she was offered $187,000 at one point, but kept going since she hadn't opened the million yet. She opened the million next. The final 2 cases were a penny and $5,000, and she ended up with $5,000. She should have taken the $187,000. The next guy (a military guy) was doing pretty good and the show ended. I think he still had $200,000, $300,000, and a couple low amounts left. It was a good episode.

If you would like to see the episode, CNBC repeats it during the week.
    RealityINXS I felt so bad for that lady. Even tho I was screaming at her to take the offer, I probably would have played on too if I was in her shoes.....It must be an awful feeling to walk away with so little when you had a chance to walk away with a lot.
    Strength does not come from physical capacity, it comes from an indomitable will. - Mahatma Ghandi

Quote Originally Posted by britty05 View Post
    RealityINXS I felt so bad for that lady. Even tho I was screaming at her to take the offer, I probably would have played on too if I was in her shoes.....It must be an awful feeling to walk away with so little when you had a chance to walk away with a lot.
    That lady's number choices were driving me insane! She was so stuck on picking the lower numbers and left the entire upper row for last, with the exception of #23 which was the million dollars.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

FORT Fogey
    I'm pretty sure I saw an ep when the lady won more than $400,000

I am addicted to this show and watch it whenever I can. The nerd in me wants to build a spreadsheet to try to figure out the formula the banker uses to make his offers. My boyfriend and I watch it and guess what the offer will be...I'm usually closer (and have even been dead on a few times!)
    Don't let the small things sweat

I just watched this for the first time, and didn't like it. I may be biased against Howie, though.

They need to go faster. They waste a LOT of time with useless stuff.

I tried again with it tonight too John (after watching only 1 episode previously) and the same thing bugged me to death....the waste of time on useless stuff and commercials. It's just not for me I guess

John and Libragirl I agree about all the filler stuf and commercials but I still find the show highly addictive. About tonight's show..... It was the first time where I saw two contestants actually take deals that were substantially less than the amounts in their cases. The military guy had $404K in his case. He took a deal of $220K. The Texan's case had $500K and he opted for the deal of $109K. Considering both walked away with more than they came with, I can't say I felt too bad for them.

Looks like NBC is airing this show 3 nights a week. This runs the risk of over-exposure, very quickly. This network never learns.
    Strength does not come from physical capacity, it comes from an indomitable will. - Mahatma Ghandi

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Spoose View Post
    I am addicted to this show and watch it whenever I can. The nerd in me wants to build a spreadsheet to try to figure out the formula the banker uses to make his offers. My boyfriend and I watch it and guess what the offer will be...I'm usually closer (and have even been dead on a few times!)
    I find myself playing along at home like that as well - trying to guess what the banker will offer, rather than trying to guess which briefcase contains the million dollars. (And more than once I've wished I had access to that spreadsheet formula!)

Unfortunately, I agree with those who feel the show moves too slowly - being prone to short attention span deficit, I think I'd be happier seeing at least three contestants in the time it takes one to get through all the cases. I do like Howie as the host, however - it's just a thankless job that no matter who hosts, whatever they say is bound to get repetitive and annoying at some point, as this game doesn't have a lot of twists or plot changes. (Choose a case, open the case, make an offer, repeat 20+ times, thank you for playing.)

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    I just watched this for the first time, and didn't like it. I may be biased against Howie, though.

They need to go faster. They waste a LOT of time with useless stuff.
    I agree with John and everyone else who thinks the show has too much useless stuff. I still love the show and am addicted to it.

I actually like Howie Mandel. I think his personality adds a lot to the show.

I really liked the Texas guy. I felt bad for him that his suitcase was $500,000 dollars and he took the $170,000 dollar deal. You never know, though, and you can't blame him for going for the sure money, especially with the track record on the past few episodes.

It's cool they added another episode on Wednesday, but I like Mondays and Fridays much better. Wednesdays has too many other shows. Guess I'll just catch a repeat on CNBC.

+ Reply to Thread