+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Deal or No Deal (U.S. and all international versions)

I've only watched a few episodes. Has anyone managed to win a million dollars? What's the most a contestant has won?

I've been looking around for a Deal or No Deal thread and never thought to look in the Other Reality Shows forum until now. Smart me. Glad to see others here enjoy this show. I've been hooked since it aired last December. It's now must see tv for me on Monday nights. I like this new weekly format better than the weeklong event.

I'm always interested to see the risks people are willing to take and how we often let our greed get the best of us. I was happy to see the mayor walk away with a sizeable check tonite. $202K ain't too shabby.
    Strength does not come from physical capacity, it comes from an indomitable will. - Mahatma Ghandi

Fort Member
    We have had Deal or No Deal here for two years but we have it like a typical game show, its on every night at 5:30pm (except Saturday) up against the price is right and now family feud and the early news. It only goes for 30minutes and the top prize is 200,000. We have occassional specials where the top prize is 500,000 and the odd celebrity one as well, we also had one with pychics who claimed to be able to tell what was in the briefcase by asking their spirt guides or using ESP, that one was funny.
    Anyway it is probably the top rating game show on TV here which is most likely due to its half hour format, time slot, price is right and family feud being old and stale and most of all it succeeds due to its host who is a comodities lawyer turned stand up comic who makes it very entertaining

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Kay118 View Post
    I've only watched a few episodes. Has anyone managed to win a million dollars? What's the most a contestant has won?
    I don't think anyone has won a million. On the commercial, it said that one guy won around $350,000. I think that is the most I've seen. I've also never seen any amount in the chosen suitcase for more than $50,000- usually they hold really small amounts. It's not rigged- it's just the odds of picking a high priced suitcase.

I loved how Howie knocked the suitcase down last night and dove to catch it! Good entertainment!
    Yup, with donuts!!

Quote Originally Posted by stinkerbell View Post
    I don't think anyone has won a million. On the commercial, it said that one guy won around $350,000. I think that is the most I've seen. I've also never seen any amount in the chosen suitcase for more than $50,000- usually they hold really small amounts. It's not rigged- it's just the odds of picking a high priced suitcase.
    Thanks for the info. I think back in December (can't remember when) someone won around $280,000.

My son (aged 6) just LOVES this show. He's decided he wants to go on it when he's my age. He said when he goes on the show, he's going to pick the numbers in order from 1-26 and see what happens.

Tada
    The most someone's ever won is $407,000 so far on a deal. If she had played on though, she would have been offered a deal for $1,000,000 (The top case was $2 million).

As you can see, I love this show. Haven't missed an episode yet, and I'm going to tape tonight's ep.

My favorite moment so far is when Howie actually went into the banker's box. XD

Quote Originally Posted by applesauce View Post
    My son (aged 6) just LOVES this show. He's decided he wants to go on it when he's my age. He said when he goes on the show, he's going to pick the numbers in order from 1-26 and see what happens.
    applesauce, too cute. My 6 year old nephew plays the game with me, too. We also play it on this website.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

FORT Fan
    Did anyone see the rest of Monday's episode on Friday? There was a flight attendant who was kicking butt, and before they ended the show, she had almost the whole left side of the board gone. How did she end up doing?

+ Reply to Thread