+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Deal or No Deal (U.S. and all international versions)

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar
    Could there be a more hodgepodge of "been there, done that" shows? We start off with a serious Howie in the "vault", ala Geraldo Rivera’s opening of Capone's Tomb. Then we're off to The Price Is Right meets Millionaire, infused with some Let's Make A Deal and topped off with a pinch of Super Lotto. Good Gawd.

And what was up with that first contestant? What hell is a "part-time" Notary? It's not like you ever see a line of people waiting to get their signature notarized. Where do they get these goobers?.
    "Among the blind, the squinter rules." ~ Gerard Didier Erasmus

FORT Fan
    I like the show, but I will only be able to take a week of it. Actually, I tivo it and then fast foward through most of it. I can watch the entire show in about 10 minutes.

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Boy.. what a humdrum, borefest of a show. I couldn't imagine watching this every week, or (and especially).. every single day OF the week.

The only thing that I found remotely interesting is the fact that Howie knew every girls' name when the contestants picked their number.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

FORT Newbie
    I really like the show, my family and I were really getting into it tonight. I think it would be a good show but only if they do not overkill it like they did Millionnaire. Does anyone know how often it runs in the other countries it airs?

FORT Fan
    I like the show, but I wish they would speed it up a bit. I don't care to know about the contestants, or thier families, (and I hate when the families/ friends get brought up to cheer- could they be more over the top?) And I can't stand the phone call and Howie going "Uh huh? Uh huh, okay" What a stupid waste of time. It would be more enjoyable if it was on the speed of Jeapardy.

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    I agree. Also, the CONSTANT rehashing of the rules. Every.single.time Howie speaks, he's blathering on and on about "what it could be, what they can do, what they can't do"..
    Is it really needed to repeat the rules every single time they pick another case, choose the deal, or not choose the deal..?!?!?!
    Do we need to know the rules every time we come back from a commercial break?
    Is it necessary to repeat the rules in order to "heighten the suspense"??
    Do we need to hear what they CAN lose every time they're to choose a case??
    It's not like we're all stupid and forgot the RULES since the last time he said'm.

Hehe..hopefully my point was annoyingly taken. Sorry 'bout that.

The family members IMO don't seem to be very helpful. "NO! NO deal! But it is your decision. I would take it, but really, it's your decision".
    Figuring out when exactly to "take the deal" doesn't exactly take a rocket scientist. I'm just blown away that this is SO popular in other countries, and for how long too!
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar
    Does anybody else get a Roman Coliseum vibe from this show?
    "Among the blind, the squinter rules." ~ Gerard Didier Erasmus

Stupid show. I keep thinking of that dumb "Press Your Luck" show. You know, "No whammys, big bucks, big bucks, no whammys."

I think this show is awful just lousy and stupid.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

NBC is casting for contestants for the show. It looks like it's going to become a normal show.

+ Reply to Thread