+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 1011121314151617181920

Thread: Deal or No Deal (U.S. and all international versions)

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Re: Deal or No Deal (U.S. and all international versions)

Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama;3276453;
    Given his nature, I'm assuming it was a severe panic attack.
    CYA

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba-Jo-Lyn;2255101;
    That was a good show. I hope they come back and do more Deal or No Deal Canada episdoes.

I wonder if that's the first time anyone had the million in their case. I totally thought she did the right thing to quit because the million was the only thing bigger than her last offer. She got the $215,000 and it's all tax free so that's a lot of money.
    Why wouldn't they have to pay taxes on their winnings. You have to pay if you win a reality show, or Gambling in Las Vegas or on a state lottery. In fact I've heard that the IRS has somebody right at the shows to get the winners to sign off on the taxes they will owe.

FORT Regular

And lest we forget, the first winner from Survivor is rotting in prison as we speak for income tax evasion. LOL

You actually have to pay taxes on anything you win on a show. Money, cars, trips, everything is taxed. Sort of sucks when you think about how nothing is ever truly free!
    Yup, with donuts!!

FORT Regular

I absolutely love this show that depends upon the greed and gullibility of the contestants. I call it the "Grand, Jump the Shark show" Howie continually depends upon the greed of the players to get them to keep choosing no deal and viewers can easily tell the exact moment when Howie talks them into jumping the shark. A great day for me is when contestants scream "NO DEAL", slam down the little lucite box, usually breaking it and jump around, giggling and squealing like stuck pigs. My day is complete when, after many chances to walk away with several thousand dollors in winnings, the sucker keeps screaming "NO DEAL", ends up with $5 prize and insists that "that's okay, I had so much fun! This actually happened on teacher week, I believe. Long live the hypochondriac, Howie and his greedy players. Where would we be without greed in this country to entertain us wee folk.

+ Reply to Thread