+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Deal or No Deal (U.S. and all international versions)

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Krom View Post
    It's worth watching in the short run... but after 1 week? Probably not.
    I think 1 week is perfect for this show. I just can't see myself screaming "MORON" at the screen more than that. I thought it was idiotic for her to turn down the $138,000. They acted like it wasn't enough. If that wouldn't make a difference in their life, then I think they did a horrible job of casting them. I believe they lived in LA and that rediculous housing market, but $138,000 is still a lot of money.

For someone like myself, located in Pennsylvania, that would have paid off my mortgage!

And when they were all referencing #8, I immediately thought don't open that one. It will be fun to watch and see if anyone is lucky enough to have all big prizes when it gets down to 4 or 5.

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by CCL View Post
    I already find the banker calling a bit annoying, and that's after one night. As for the models, do you think someone's speaking to Howie via an earpiece, reminding him who the models are? Because there is an awful lot of them!
    The banker is definitely annoying. If Howie doesn't have an earpiece, I would imagine his wife wondering how he can remember all their names.

I like the show. If they ran it nighty like the "Millionaire" it would go strong for a year or 2. It would wear off after awhile like "Who want's to be a Millionaire". Remember how popular that was? Now that show is a train wreck.

I agree that this is passive for the viewer and think it can get tedious very quickly. I think I might watch it if there's nothing else on at the time and I'm in the mood to watch something. On the other hand, I doubt I'd miss it if it were gone.

The only exception to that is the possibility of the viewing audience being able to win money, too, while watching. But, I didn't watch carefully enough to figure that one out. I presume it involves logging in to their website while watching. Maybe someone else knows more.

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by dwayne_hansen69 View Post
    The banker is definitely annoying. If Howie doesn't have an earpiece, I would imagine his wife wondering how he can remember all their names.

I figured Howie was just making up names as he went along, and the girls were just suppose to nod yes to any name he decided to use.

Quote Originally Posted by stinkerbell View Post
    I figured Howie was just making up names as he went along, and the girls were just suppose to nod yes to any name he decided to use.
    Go look at NBCs website for the show. Those were their real names.

Then again, even if Howie didn't have an earpiece he has eyes. And access to a miraculous TV invention called a teleprompter.

Plus, could anyone forget a girl named "Bonnie-Jill"? I mean how many Bonnie-Jills do you suppose there are, muchless FHM models named that?

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Okay, I'm tuned in to see the models. I swear. I don't expect the game to get much better.

EDIT - Wow. This guy has horrible luck.

JR.
    So, it's basically an updated version of "Let's Make a Deal"?

Quote Originally Posted by JR. View Post
    So, it's basically an updated version of "Let's Make a Deal"?
    No. It's much narrower in scope. Every deal offered is strictly a monetary bribe balanced against a chance of more or less money than the bribe. The game is greed vs. statistics, basically. It's kind of unexplainable unless you watch it. Then, you might soon get bored for lack of variety, but in the short run its interesting to watch the head-games.

Wow. Statisically I suppose it makes no difference, but for some reason the lady on now did nothing but pick suitcases with low numbers on the outside, with HIGH monetary values on the inside.

Krom, I commend you to making it through this show. (although, the models had something to do with that, right? )

I tried to watch it tonight...I just couldn't stand how that woman's mother was dancing around in a circle and acting like an idiot. (yes yes, this is coming from the person who loves the idiots on other shows like Big Brother.)

I used to like Howie Mandel so much....not so much now.
    Always looking for cat treats!

Breathe out, so I can breathe you in...

+ Reply to Thread