+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Deal or No Deal (U.S. and all international versions)

I loved that the gamer guy won $464000 last night! That was fun to watch.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Broadway View Post
    I was having a heart attack. His wife looked PISSED. I can't believe he picked #2 when she said not to! (not that it turned out bad)

I really need valium when I watch this show - I get so nervous!!!

That was definitely life-changing money. Whew!

FORT Fogey
    did anybody ever win the 1M?

Quote Originally Posted by jacobson00 View Post
    did anybody ever win the 1M?
    No...and consider this:
    If it were you, and there were 2 cases left, one with the $1M, and the other with $500K, the offer is over $500K say $600K, would you take the $600K or risk the extra $100K for the million. Me...well, I would take the sure thing and go with the $600K. Just me perhaps...

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway View Post
    Too bad the woman who followed him was so annoying. If you go to wikpedia.org there is some cool info/stats on the show.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deal_or...S_game_show%29

Hope I dont get in trouble for psoting the link
    Last edited by lasvegasfan; 04-25-2006 at 03:48 PM.

FORT Fogey
    http://entertainment.iwon.com/celebg...26_2006_2.html

Howie Mandel: The Heart of the Deal
    by Dana Meltzer Zepeda

When Howie Mandel answers the door of his airy Mediterranean-style pad in a posh neighborhood west of L.A., he meets your hand with a fist. For fans of NBC's prime-time celebration of blind luck, Deal or No Deal (airing tonight at 8 pm/ET), that's not a surprise. It's how Mandel frequently greets his guests, due to a wicked case of obsessive-compulsive disorder.

Yet Mandel, 50, might be the most disarming guy on TV. He has spent most of his nearly three-decade career succeeding by simply working hard. "What I've learned," says Mandel, "is that success is doing the best job I can possibly do and having a great time doing it."

Mandel's first career deal came in his twenties, when he walked away from his own carpet business to do stand-up. In 1982 he unexpectedly landed the role of Dr. Wayne Fiscus on St. Elsewhere. "I became an actor on a single-camera drama," says the Toronto native, who'd never done a series before. "I thought, 'That's great!'"

After St. Elsewhere ended, Mandel returned to the comedy circuit, taking breaks for career hits (the long-running cartoon Bobby's World) and misses (the short-lived sitcom Good Grief). He still does 200 stand-up gigs a year, and thanks to Deal, he's a hot TV commodity again. His deal surely can pay for a lot of new toys, but he's not the kind of guy who'd run out and get a Maserati. In fact, his favorite gadget is an electric toilet-seat cover, an anniversary gift from wife Terry. "Isn't that awesome?" he asks, showing it off. "Nothing says 'I love you' like this."

They've been married 26 years and have three kids: Jackie, 21, Alex, 16, and Riley, 13. "He's a good family guy," says longtime pal Jay Leno. "You never hear anything bad about Howie." Still, Leno casually slips in one minor complaint: "Howie refuses to shake hands. If you get anywhere near him, he tries to spray you down with a 55-gallon drum of Purell!"

As a child, Mandel was completely unaware of OCD, although he knew that something about him was different. "I grew up with one younger brother," he says. "He knew that all he had to do was wave the laundry hamper lid and I would run screaming like a girl!" Soon, he started taking five showers a day (no baths, for fear of "sitting in my own dirt") and bumping fists.

At work, Mandel has overcome his OCD to the point where he'll hug overjoyed contestants. But at home, he teaches his kids to "live healthfully and not watch me." And his kids seem to understand (he proudly pulls out a photo of himself and daughter Riley wearing matching surgical masks on a recent plane trip to Australia).

With Deal surging in the ratings — and expanding to as many as three nights a week (right now, it's on a Monday-Wednesday-Friday schedule) — Mandel just keeps opening one lucky suitcase after another. "It's amazing!" he says, sitting in his home office, which is strewn with family photos. "The show is just so much fun. I don't know how long this ride will be, but I'm happy to be on it." Just don't ask him to touch the handlebars.

Thanks for the article, justafan1! I may not care for the show, but I've always liked Howie, and I'm glad for him that much like the cheese, I stand alone!
    Papi on being tested for steroids: "All they are going to find is a lot of rice and beans."
    I cater to the Regs!

Both of those articles are interesting. Howie's went into my brother's pizza place before... and my brother mentioned his OCD nature. I can't remember the story, but it was pretty interesting. Now I always pay attention to how he greets people.

lasvegasfan.... you can post links to most non-message board websites. It's funny that the results to Monday's show are already posted there. Quick webmaster.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Quote Originally Posted by lasvegasfan View Post
    Too bad the woman who followed him was so annoying. If you go to wikpedia.org there is some cool info/stats on the show.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deal_or...S_game_show%29

Hope I dont get in trouble for psoting the link
    She was annoying and loud. Her son is cute though. I loved his Howie interpretation.
    Strength does not come from physical capacity, it comes from an indomitable will. - Mahatma Ghandi

FORT Fogey
    I missed the last few min. of her game (damn telephone call!).. Can someone tell me how much did she win?

TIA

+ Reply to Thread