+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Deal or No Deal (U.S. and all international versions)

Deal or No Deal is the best game show i've watched to date. Howie Mandel is a really good host despite what some people say IMHO. I love the idea and i know it's based on luck but it's interesting for the viewers!!!
    Also, My favourite contestant was that indian woman sheelal shetty or something that was a good episode because she always called him howie mandel in return.

Tada
    Looks like DOND is going off the air for the summer. http://www.broadcastingcable.com/art...=Breaking+News

I'm a little mixed on this, but more of me thinks this is good for the show's longetivity. And anyway, there will be Game Show Marathon to tide me over until the Fall.

Quote Originally Posted by Tada View Post
    Looks like DOND is going off the air for the summer. http://www.broadcastingcable.com/art...=Breaking+News

I'm a little mixed on this, but more of me thinks this is good for the show's longetivity. And anyway, there will be Game Show Marathon to tide me over until the Fall.
    I really dont like the idea of it being on three times a week. I think thats what killed Millionaire in prime time.
    Sad to see it go for the summer. It's an easy game to follow

Gosh, I hate this show, and am astounded that anyone finds it interesting (not that they shouldn't, but I just don't get it). In fact, I was just recalling this morning that, when I was in college, I won a prize in my dorm for being able to watch ANYTHING (and, yeah, that includes Sermonette) on TV and that this show would have done me in.

What's appealing about it to you folks that are fans? For me, it's a bunch of people I don't know engaged in an activity that has nothing to do with anything other than luck. That makes it difficult for me to care what happens, or get involved at all. So, I'm interested to hear what people find interesting.
    Papi on being tested for steroids: "All they are going to find is a lot of rice and beans."
    I cater to the Regs!

Quote Originally Posted by MissThing View Post
    Gosh, I hate this show, and am astounded that anyone finds it interesting (not that they shouldn't, but I just don't get it). In fact, I was just recalling this morning that, when I was in college, I won a prize in my dorm for being able to watch ANYTHING (and, yeah, that includes Sermonette) on TV and that this show would have done me in.

What's appealing about it to you folks that are fans? For me, it's a bunch of people I don't know engaged in an activity that has nothing to do with anything other than luck. That makes it difficult for me to care what happens, or get involved at all. So, I'm interested to hear what people find interesting.

<---------
    Seriously though I don't know. I find most of the contestants annoying and I was never a huge Howie Mandel fan. I've just become addicted the past two months. I have no desire of ever going on the show either. Yet Im there at 8pm playing along. An easy hour of television I guess.

I like the excitement, the ups and the downs. I like the background noise when I'm crocheting or quilting. I don't have to watch every second. I LOVE Howie Mandell. I loved watching him as a comic and I loved him in St Elsewhere. He can do no wrong, in my opinion. I don't know the girls by name yet, but they're fine too.

Quote Originally Posted by MissThing View Post

It amuses the snob in me to see how people dither over which suitcases to pick...and it's totally random. I mean, it's like watching people fill out lottery tickets. I really hate the show too...it's just handy to have on when I need background noise and I find Howie Mandel oddly appealing.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

I just wanted to drop in and say...

DEAL OR NO DEAL!

I'm a huge fan of game shows so I'll watch just about any game show that's on tv. I like the concept of the show even tho it's mindless. Some of the contestants are dimwits but I like guessing what's in the suitcases and trying to figure out the banker's offers. I also love me some Howie Mandel.
    Strength does not come from physical capacity, it comes from an indomitable will. - Mahatma Ghandi

Howie showed the new electronic home game. I saw it on another website and was surpised it was under $30. Looked pretty basic, just like the show (models not included )

+ Reply to Thread