by SnowflakeGirl

FansofRealityTV.com Despite a lackluster showing for Martha Stewart's version of THE APPRENTICE, and backlash for the current season four of the Trump series, NBC has "hired" Trump to do a sixth season to be filmed in LaLaLand, marking the first time in history THE APPRENTICE will be filmed outside Manhattan and the tri-state area. NBC hopes the new West Coast locale will spice up the flailing franchise because, you know, there's not enough television shows filmed out here.

The Trump-Burnett series will remain largely the same, however, the new candidates vying for the title of "Apprentice" will encounter challenges, twists and surprises "indigenous to and emblematic of the new locale." Perhaps there'll be a new casting couch in Trumpy's boardroom this year? [pats soft cushions in invitation]

"THE APPRENTICE continues to be a top performer for NBC so we're pleased that the show and Donald Trump will continue to play a key role in this network's future through a fifth and now sixth cycle," said Kevin Reilly, president of NBC entertainment. "We think viewers will agree that a California back-drop, with Donald's West Coast business interests and relationships, will provide an exciting new flavor for the series next season."

"I am honored by the great success of THE APPRENTICE and it's been a lot of fun working with Mark Burnett and NBC," says Trump. "I could never have imagined that firing sixty-seven people on national television would actually make me more popular, especially with the younger generation. While I love shooting in New York City, I look forward to filming season six in Los Angeles."

If you'd like a shot at being hired by The Donald yourself, you can visit www.nbc.com or www.apprentice.yahoo.com for more information on applying.