+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Dog Shows

aga
    FORTified

Dog Shows

Do any of you look at the various dog shows that get broadcast?

The National Dog Show will be on today (Saturday, November 26, 2005) at 5:00 PM ET on Bravo.

Source: http://www.bravotv.com
    John O'Hurley hosts "The National Dog Show" which takes place as part of the Kennel Club of Philadelphia's annual dog show. The National Dog Show is one of the oldest and most prestigious sporting events in North America, and one of only six remaining "benched" dog shows where the public can interact with the show dogs. The show is expected to feature more than 2,000 of the nation's leading canines in a wide array of more than 150 breeds and varieties, all vying for "Best in Show" honors. Expert commentary by David Frei, the dean of dog show commentators.
    Last edited by aga; 11-26-2005 at 04:51 PM.
    "We all know that we're going to get beat tonight." - Melrose (ANTM Cycle 7) when Monique gets eliminated from the CoverGirl / Queen Latifah challenge.

"Hi pretty lady...and Tyra." - Heather (ANTM Cycle 9)

I watch and enjoy them. I saw the National Dog Show on Thursday, when it was first broadcast on NBC. John O seemed quite knowledgeable.

Yay! I thought I had missed it. I enjoy watching the dog shows. You get to see some truly beautiful animals, and it's fun to try to pick the winner. On another note, I tried to watch the "Miss Dog Pageant" also hosted by john OHurley on Thanksgiving night, and it was just too lame to finish watching. We stood it until the "evening gown" portion appeared, and suddenly went "what the hell is this? Turn it off!"
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

aga
    FORTified
    The Working Group is my favorite category.
    "We all know that we're going to get beat tonight." - Melrose (ANTM Cycle 7) when Monique gets eliminated from the CoverGirl / Queen Latifah challenge.

"Hi pretty lady...and Tyra." - Heather (ANTM Cycle 9)

Have to admit I love the toys and the non-sporting group best. But, there are such beautiful animals in all the groups.

And, when I want a laugh-out-loud movie experience, I put "Best In Show" in the DVD player.

Quote Originally Posted by aga View Post
    The Working Group is my favorite category.
    I watch as well, and completely agree with the Working Group being my favorite. A close second goes to the hounds, but the working dogs are definitely first priority on my watching list (and go figure, almost always the last to show).

I only work weekend mornings, so i get my tv time in on the weekends (night courses the rest of the time) and i love watching dog shows. Just today, my sister and i were driving, and she was like, "what kind of dog is that?" and of course, i just glanced at it and knew the breed lol. (it was a Boston Terrier, btw.)

+ Reply to Thread